Demolition Crew Achievement?

GoJoeThibaultGo

I had to clear my cache....

Tried it six times before I did that, then it popped first time after clearing the cache...

Then again I also blew up the extinguishers at the top of area 3 that time.... If you turn around in the weapon crate room for area 4 you can see one extinguisher...

Sooo, either it was the memory cache or that one extinguisher.....

Good luck

I finally figured out why it took me four tries for this one, if you retry, you have to go back down the hall into the last zone and shoot the fire extinguisher. I had originally shot it but when we died I hadn't gone back to shoot it again because I assumed it was part of the last zone. It's not. It will trigger reinforcements immediately. Be very thorough taking a couple steps then using sonar and spinning the camera. The thick columns can't be seen through with sonar so use many angles. Good luck!

I finally figured out why it took me four tries for this one, if you retry, you have to go back down the hall into the last zone and shoot the fire extinguisher. I had originally shot it but when we died I hadn't gone back to shoot it again because I assumed it was part of the last zone. It's not. It will trigger reinforcements immediately. Be very thorough taking a couple steps then using sonar and spinning the camera. The thick columns can't be seen through with sonar so use many angles. Good luck!

This seems to be the key. I tried for this achievement twice (failing once and getting it on my second try) the only difference was the last fire extinguisher in area 3 that I did not get on my first attempt, you can see it from the weapon cache before area 4.

This has to be the dumbest achievement of the year. I grabbed the final guy in a choke hold and walked around the map searching for explosives religiously for atleast half an hour and got nothing. I even shot that extinguisher in the pipe room at the beginning. I triple checked the ENTIRE map, so I really don't see what I'm doing wrong.

I'll try again in a bit and if it doesn't work again I'm waiting for a video or something. The rest of the achievements were fun, this one is just retarded.

EDIT: Got it to work my 2nd time. This time I killed all but 1, alerted enemies, and killed all but 1 again. Instead of choke holding him, I let him run around. There weren't any explosives that stood out to me that I may have for sure missed the first time.

Whatever. Glad that's over.

Edited by TheFalcon

Way I did it was I wittled the enemies down to just one guy left and put a mark over his head so I knew where he was at all times. Then I ran around the map with my sonar goggles on marking any explosives I saw - including fire extinguishers - and got it on my first try.

It's a bitch because there's one which is clearly in the previous part of the map which appears 'underneath' the map but I finished up and got the achievement. Just make sure you search every last part of the map with your goggles on so you can see if anything comes up before you take down the last guy.

I had to clear my cache....

Tried it six times before I did that, then it popped first time after clearing the cache...

That's what I did. I know for a fact that I didn't miss any on the previous three goes.

Also;

1. I destroyed everything in area 3 but died on area 4 and got the achv after the retry.

2. Did it all solo.

3. Achv popped when I killed the last guy.

Ok where is this fire extinguisher that is in the last part? Right when I get out of the climbing area there are four. 2 right under the wall you jump up to get to the weapons and two on the wall on either side. I shot all of these plus a 15-20 run around with my buddy in the site. No achievement. Any help?

EDIT: got it on another run through doing the same thing. An annoying achievement as the video in the guide is not great. Would make one but I dont have a video card.

Edited by Vicktacular

Ok where is this fire extinguisher that is in the last part? Right when I get out of the climbing area there are four. 2 right under the wall you jump up to get to the weapons and two on the wall on either side. I shot all of these plus a 15-20 run around with my buddy in the site. No achievement. Any help?

Same here man. I have played through 5 times...though I have shot the fire extinguisher from section 3 each time (couple times I shot every single one in section 3) and I can't get it. I want to see if clearing cache does anything but I want to wait until I get the Mutant Overlord achievement in L4D2...I hear many have had problems with the counter resetting, so I think if I cleared my cache it would only screw up my L4D2 achievement. Will have to wait a couple weeks until I can try it out I guess.

After reading these posts, I decided not to take any chances.

At the end of the 2nd section, after I assassinated the last target, at the starting platform in the silo with the network of pipes and catwalks; I just took my time using sonar to shoot anything that glowed. Including extinquishers and explosive cannisters.

In the last stage, there is a 3rd level where you cannot see the explosive cannister, from the outside using sonar.

It's nestled in between some boxes, crates, etc.

I think most people may have missed that one.

I surely would have if I hadn't tripled checked the whole area, before I offed the last target.

I just got this achievement. After several failed attempts, I looked at the achievement description and saw my failing. It states that the player must shoot the explosives.

If you're spamming grenades to take down enemies after alerting them, and you destroy an explosive, you will not get the achievement. On my failed attempts I destroyed some explosives with remote mines.

On my successful run, I killed 23 enemies using my pistol and secondary weapon. I marked the last guy and ran around shooting all the explosives. The achievement popped after killing the last enemy. I did not clear my cache prior to this.

I just got this achievement. After several failed attempts, I looked at the achievement description and saw my failing. It states that the player must shoot the explosives.

If you're spamming grenades to take down enemies after alerting them, and you destroy an explosive, you will not get the achievement. On my failed attempts I destroyed some explosives with remote mines.

On my successful run, I killed 23 enemies using my pistol and secondary weapon. I marked the last guy and ran around shooting all the explosives. The achievement popped after killing the last enemy. I did not clear my cache prior to this.

I given another try I use remote mine once and blow up explosive. Maybe that why I didn't get achievement.

Did anyone count the number of Extinguishers and Canisters?

I started off by looking into Area 3 and shot the Extinguisher there, triggering backup.

I picked off the guards one by one until there were 2 left, apparently if you let them see and chase you back to the starting area, they will hold up there 2 at a time waiting for you to move out. I took down 12 of them very easily there.

Once it was down to 2, I used an EMP to move out and start destroying the extinguishers and canisters. In total I counted 8 of each. However, I still did not get the achievement. Anyone who got the achievement care to share how many you had to shoot?

You CAN put him in a chokehold cos thats how i did it, i used 2 controllers, got backup called in took everyone out and then put the last man in chokehold with my player 1 pad - I then used player two to get all explosives and then killed guy and pop chevo unlocked.

THat was my third attempt on previous attempts i was chokeholding with player 2 instead so maybe it just has to be done with main account pad.

I've tried this twice now with no luck. The first time I didn't shoot the extinguisher behind me, the second time I did but still nothing.

I waited until there was 1 guy left and then used an EMP to get past him. I then just ran around taking out explosives and avoiding him. I was so sure I hadn't missed anything. Bit annoying I need to play through the whole level again to try it a 3rd time.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I accidentally blew one up near the start with a grenade or mine while taking out the enemies. Oh well, attempt number 3!

EDIT: Finally got it. It seems that there might have been a canister somewhere just above the start point and when I took some of the guys out with proximity mines, the explosion detonated that too. Phew.

Edited by fat_tony

I finally got this one to pop on my third try. Don't know what the problem was but I cleared my cache and I also shot ever fire extinguisheron the way from the second area to the third area. So anyone have issues with this one might want to try that.

'Twas an easy achievement.

I ended up killing all 24 guards with hand-to-hand kills. Like the others have mentioned, I marked the last guard (who happened to be on the floor level) and just worked from the top of the map to the bottom (floor 3 to floor 1).

The only advice I can give is to take your time, don't rush, and wait until the guards spread out a bit.