ugh..this will be as easy as skyrim

just played the demo. I was one hit killing everything as a mage with the lightning spell. The achievements dont look hard at all either. It seems they dont know how to make a hard game anymore. Gotta make sure the kiddies have fun. IMO its not rewarding at all to beat an easy game.

I'm sure Skyrim was difficult for a great many of players if you increased the difficulty in the game settings. Assuming you didn't use the PC Console or popular smithing loop-holes to make yourself a set of overpowered armor and/or weapons.

Edited by Kraderic

I felt like the demo was easy as well. I'm pretty sure I didn't even lose health during the demo lol. I honestly believe it is made this way for the demo. I don't believe normal difficulty will be that easy in the retail game. If it is, I will be greatly disappointed.

just played the demo. I was one hit killing everything as a mage with the lightning spell. The achievements dont look hard at all either. It seems they dont know how to make a hard game anymore. Gotta make sure the kiddies have fun. IMO its not rewarding at all to beat an easy game.

I think the demo was more ment as an tutorial then to let you see the dept of the game. Also the difficulty couldn't be set on hard in the demo. If you want a challange give demon souls a try if you havn't already.

Go start the House of Ballads quest and complete it :) And now picture you putting the difficulty on hard. Not to mention, when you have progressed further into the game.

This.

They fucked me up for a while, until I finally got wise to they're pattern.

Although hopefully there will be more of a challenge over all.

You want a rewarding feeling from beating an RPG? Play Dark Souls.

That aside, I loved the demo and can't wait for this game to release. People also need to remember that the version of the demo we played was rumored/confirmed to be from E3 last year. I'm glad we got a demo at all, as it confirmed my pre-order will remain.

Completing the game on Hard is a [hidden] achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
You want a rewarding feeling from beating an RPG? Play Dark Souls.

That aside, I loved the demo and can't wait for this game to release. People also need to remember that the version of the demo we played was rumored/confirmed to be from E3 last year. I'm glad we got a demo at all, as it confirmed my pre-order will remain.

I really want to play dark souls XD, I just don't have the time to dedicate to a hard RPG right now. Summer...summer :D

just played the demo. I was one hit killing everything as a mage with the lightning spell. The achievements dont look hard at all either. It seems they dont know how to make a hard demo anymore. Gotta make sure the kiddies have fun. IMO its not rewarding at all to beat an easy demo.

Fixed.

Before you make assumptions, try the main game out. The demo is based on an older build. Once you have a better handle on the finished game you'll be in a better position to form an opinion.

Demo. Demo. Demo. Why would anyone make a demo with a higher than "normal" difficulty? You want it to be fun, not frustrating. If you want a challenge, I'm sure there will be some sort of difficulty meter in the final game.
Pretty much all of this. Demo is short for demonstration. It's only there to show what the game's like. If you want a difficult game...play Ninja Gaiden 2.

I thought that, for a demo, it was an absolutely fine difficulty level. I'm not trying out Kingdoms of Amalur's demo to see how rough it can be (I have a few achievements left in Dark Souls if I want that kind of abuse)... I'm trying it out to see how the story is, if the overall controls work out, and lastly, if it has a good enough presentation for me to put down 50-60 bucks on it to buy it on release as opposed to waiting.

And hey, the demo convinced me I wanted it ASAP, so I'd say it did its job.