question about the poker game...

jenafer6

As Motrahtox stated you need to make match the same color 5 times for a flush. You can for example make 4 matches of the same color, and then use a hypercube next to another jewel of the same color you already matched 4 times to complete the flush. You can of course use the hypercube whenever you want to, I just found it easier to make 4 matches, and then use the hypercube last

I didn't realize it until playing this mode, but its very annoying that once you "level up" to the next badge you lose prior progress. For example it took 10 flushes to get a bronze medal and once you get the bronze it resets the counter and you have 0/20 to get a silver badge.

Poker is probably my least favorite mode by far and it has one of the most time consuming medals to get gold in aside from getting the star gems and hypercubes to gold.

I enjoy this mode, maybe because I like poker???? Anyways, it is really hard to get a flush unless you can blow things up, because you aren't going to get all the same color gems to drop down. And, the wildcards... Takes some thinking, because if you get any cascades, they don't count, only your original move does. But, that is a way to clear the board for more of the color you are working towards...

• 2 months later...

I can't really say I enjoyed the Poker mode... especially because my final achievement to 100% the game was tied to getting sixty flushes (total).

That said... anyone who is having trouble getting flushes, you can use my "trick". Start a game... look to see what the most common coloured gem is, for instance "Purple". See if you can spot at least three matches on screen... and if so go for it, and hope for a cascade effect to line you up another two matches for the flush.

Didn't get a good board? Hit the "Back" button on your controller, restart the round, and try again. Sometimes the game throws you a pity party, and hooks you up almost completely with a flush board. After you get your flush, pause the game, and exit. This is kind of important, because if you don't save, I don't think it keeps your flush. So make sure you are exiting the game correctly whenever you've gotten a flush, and want to end the Poker mode.

I didn't figure this "trick" out until I'd already gotten halfway to the gold award... but it was a major help finishing Poker off. Only took about two hours to get my final thirty flushes.

• 2 months later...

That said... anyone who is having trouble getting flushes, you can use my "trick". Start a game... look to see what the most common coloured gem is, for instance "Purple". See if you can spot at least three matches on screen... and if so go for it, and hope for a cascade effect to line you up another two matches for the flush.

Didn't get a good board? Hit the "Back" button on your controller, restart the round, and try again. Sometimes the game throws you a pity party, and hooks you up almost completely with a flush board. After you get your flush, pause the game, and exit. This is kind of important, because if you don't save, I don't think it keeps your flush. So make sure you are exiting the game correctly whenever you've gotten a flush, and want to end the Poker mode.

I didn't figure this "trick" out until I'd already gotten halfway to the gold award... but it was a major help finishing Poker off. Only took about two hours to get my final thirty flushes.

I don't think it saves at all if you just start a new game and exit. I lost about 5 flushes using your technique. When you're done for the day, make sure you start a game and get to the game over for it to save for sure.

Also if you get a hyper cube, I usually continue to try and get 3-4. The hyper cube gives you a little bit more leeway. This was also my last game for the last achievement.

• 2 months later...

My thanks to Terra in post #6. I used your method and went from 10/30 to 30/30 for gold in 90 minutes. Much quicker than the 40 it took me to reach that point. Just a reminder to finish the poker game you're playing when you know you've reached 30 or above to get the gold badge.