Professional is a Joke

BiggD

When I did my first run of all 4 campaigns on Normal with a buddy of mine, it took anywhere from 45 to 80 minutes to complete a single level...which didn't seem to bad at all.

However, after purchasing Defense lvl. 3 and Infinite Shotgun/GL ammo, I completed Ada's whole campaign in an hour and a half and Chris' in about two and a half hours on Pro.

I am by no means bragging to the community and am not suggesting achievements for extremely hard and more annoying difficulty levels like the No Hope Left one coming out; what my point is, is that this game is a complete joke on the hardest difficulty level.

When I did my first run of all 4 campaigns on Normal with a buddy of mine, it took anywhere from 45 to 80 minutes to complete a single level...which didn't seem to bad at all.

However, after purchasing Defense lvl. 3 and Infinite Shotgun/GL ammo, I completed Ada's whole campaign in an hour and a half and Chris' in about two and a half hours on Pro.

I am by no means bragging to the community and am not suggesting achievements for extremely hard and more annoying difficulty levels like the No Hope Left one coming out; what my point is, is that this game is a complete joke on the hardest difficulty level.

This sounds good to me, but I'm only worried about the difficulty of QTE's Namely rotating that fucking stick in a circle and tapping any button as fast as possible. I'm still on the verge of taking this game back due to the fact I don't want to deal with ridiculous QTE's and the added frustration.

Some of these QTE's aren't even humanly possible and require super human strength to pull them off... Even on Normal, I tried a dozen times to pull that fucking stick out of the BOW's back in Jakes campaign and I gave up untill someone told me that rotating both sticks helps alot. This is the only way I even got past that on Normal.

I still havn't played the game since..

Yeah, skills make everything easier. Skills that cause more damage and having infinite ammo will result in a shorter game. It'd be even shorter if you have infinite rocket launchers.

This sounds good to me, but I'm only worried about the difficulty of QTE's Namely rotating that fucking stick in a circle and tapping any button as fast as possible. I'm still on the verge of taking this game back due to the fact I don't want to deal with ridiculous QTE's and the added frustration.

I had a hard time with that at first, always barely making it... until I found out that you can use both sticks instead of just one. It made those very easy to do.

Too easy? Turn off skills, and start a clean game on pro. But anyway, I agree with you, RE6 only provides challenge on the very first try. Later... maybe some place is annoying, but it's totally doable. RE4 on Gamecube was a nightmare compared to this.

I may mess around by playing on Pro without any skills to see how it is. But I agree with you that once you understand the layout of the level, it becomes much too simple. The older games were much more challenging and enjoyable:/

Some of these QTE's aren't even humanly possible and require super human strength to pull them off... Even on Normal, I tried a dozen times to pull that fucking stick out of the BOW's back in Jakes campaign and I gave up untill someone told me that rotating both sticks helps alot. This is the only way I even got past that on Normal.

I still havn't played the game since..

I feel you man lol. The QTE's and I don't get along either, however when messing around with the skills, I found that the Breakout skill that makes QTE's for obviously, breaking out of a zombies grasp, also lessened the difficulty of the other QTE's. maybe try purchasing and equipping that skill to see how it goes!

I assume that was skipping all the cut scenes? But was that also running away from most of the enemies too or killing everything in the way?

Omg you're gay!

I bet you and your buddy hacked the game without even playing it! :woop:

Revolver, you ARE the 'buddy' I played it with, lol!

I assume that was skipping all the cut scenes? But was that also running away from most of the enemies too or killing everything in the way?

I did skip the cutscenes since I had already seen them all on my first playthrough. As for the enemies, I ran by the ones that were not a threat but made a point to kill almost everything I saw in order to collect some extra hundred skill points.

Okay, well it actually doesn't have all to do with my ammo being infinite. The enemies aren't any stronger and neither are the bosses. There are too many sequences where you can simply take flight instead of facing a large amount of enemies that must be killed to move on. I don't know about many of you, but sometimes I like a game that takes a more strategic approach in tackling the higher levels of difficulty, rather than running past it all and using skill points to buy, essentially, cheats. Infinite Ammo should have be unlock-able after completing each campaign on Pro or obtaining S on all 20 chapters.

infinite ammo or not, this game's Professional difficulty is hardly a challenge, whatsoever.

I don't mean to come off as rude to anyone, just wanted to share my opinion that the game is a little too easy however it's played.

It's like Coreg said: To get the real professional experience you gotta start a fresh professional run. That's how RE has always been. As soon as I put the disc in my console I went straight to pro with no skills or skill points and no idea what I was getting into. Fresh runs are always the best especially right outta the box since you can't exactly speedrun something when you don't know exactly where to go and/or what to do.

Also, I've never agreed with infinite ammo and never used it in any RE. It should be a cheat and disable achievements as well.

Yeah play Pro fresh. First time I ran through it with a friend, we died. A lot. Much more enjoyable in my opinion with a fresh playthrough on Pro. Leon's campaign was especially tense, but fuck that last boss fight. Not cause he was hard, but because we fought the fucker 5 times.

Yeah, of course it's going to be a joke. After RE4 the difficulty became a joke because it gives you the tools for it to be a joke. But, it's all choice so you can make it harder if you want too.

What i don't like is people bragging about 1K'ing RE5/RE6 because it's the easiest thing to do lol because of the infinite ammo's, skills and especially in RE5 ROCKET LAUNCHER (Kills everything and all bosses with 1 hit + making it infinite ammo = Playing with your eyes closed)

You lost all credibility right here. 2/10

you're right...I suck at this game.

Yeah, of course it's going to be a joke. After RE4 the difficulty became a joke because it gives you the tools for it to be a joke. But, it's all choice so you can make it harder if you want too.

What i don't like is people bragging about 1K'ing RE5/RE6 because it's the easiest thing to do lol because of the infinite ammo's, skills and especially in RE5 ROCKET LAUNCHER (Kills everything and all bosses with 1 hit + making it infinite ammo = Playing with your eyes closed)

Yeah, like I said, I wish Infinite Ammo was only available by a means of completing the game on Pro with all S rankings, that way it wasn't to readily available from the get-go and I didn't feel tempted to use it on my initial Pro runs. The RPG in RE5 was too easy, I agree lol.

The RPG was downright broken with inf. ammo on 5, as were a couple of the shotguns. I haven't played much of 6 yet, my wife and I are still playing a lot of Borderlands 2 and working on full completion on the first one. I hope 6 isn't as silly, I'll probably skip inf. RPG and try a rifle first or something.

You use the skills to make the game easy and then you complain that the games easy lol.

...and if you would have read my previous comments, I mention that "skills or not" this game is a joke. I've completed 2/4 of the campaigns with the advice given by others by using no skills at all and the game is still the same...

Ya I agree. in older titles you weren't given the option of infinite ammo, everything had to be conserved and scrapped for key moments.

At least the dead space series has kept the element of challenge in their franchise.

However, like others have stated. Just turn Lone Wolf perk on and use nothing else. Or just do professional in your first run ever for fun.