What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

Sgt Scyther

What is your favorite Resident Evil game?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Resident Evil game?

• Resident Evil (Original)
    • Resident Evil 0
    • Resident Evil (Remake)
    • Reisdnet Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    • Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Other

For me, my favorite is Resident Evil 5. I absolutely love horror movies, but when it comes to video games, I am the biggest wuss. I remember my brother and I trying Zero, and I saw the first zombie. I paused the game, set the controller down, and said "I'm done." Dead Space 2 is the only horror game I've ever beaten, and from what I understand, people don't find it all that scary. 5 was the first one I really got into, I absolutely love co-oping with my brother, no matter how many times I beat it, I never tire of it. I just bought 4 because I love 5 so much, and so far it's great.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I think people say RE4, and RE5 is the best simply because they like a game to be made easy for them without a real challenge. Classic RE games are the real Resident Evil. 4&5 didn't have the horror. I think its funny too how they say "oh man the controls for RE1-3 are terrible" thats how they should be, not a easy control scheme where anybody could play. Resident Evil Remake is the best out there and nothing will ever top it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

what, no RE6?! that one will be, judging by how its coming along. i mean, Chris and Leon? in the same game? SIGN ME UP!

jokes aside, RE4 probably has to be mine. the biggest problem i have with the older games is, in hindsight the controls are honestly not the best compared to the newer games. RE4's controls overhaul bringing it to a modern shooter really helped, RE5 made them even better IMO. having the camera behind the character rather than up above just makes things a lot simpler to get used to, in a game where you have to worry about rotating the character and using up to move forward. im still one of the few that liked RE5 though im sure, even though it feels far from RE, especially with it being mostly daylight the whole time, and having a partner always with you.

the only ones i have yet (of the main series at least) to beat are RE3 and Code Veronica. im working on CV right now and maybe sometime i will track down RE3 on PC or GC, or perhaps download it whenever i get a PS3. would be sweet if it was released on 360 too in the same fashion as CV and RE4.

Edited by shinobigarth

Resident Evil 4 and 5 are my favourite games.

Resident Evil 4 just contains everything necessary. It has some kind of action, but not too much like in RE 5. You´ll also have some scary moments and you lack easily of amma if you´re not careful. Thar all together with an awesome story in RE style.

RE 5 isn´t a real Resident Evil anymore in my opinion. But the coop setting is just kinda awesome. So it became one of my favorite coop games together with Obscure 1 & 2 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Those of you saying RE4 are quite obviously not true fans of the series. Yeah, it's a great game but it's not Resident Evil. Take out Leon and Ada and its a completely different game. So how dare most of you vote for it. My favourite game is REmake, great game, lots of tension and jumps and LisanTrevor is the best villain in the entire sereis

• 4 weeks later...
Those of you saying RE4 are quite obviously not true fans of the series. Yeah, it's a great game but it's not Resident Evil. Take out Leon and Ada and its a completely different game. So how dare most of you vote for it. My favourite game is REmake, great game, lots of tension and jumps and LisanTrevor is the best villain in the entire sereis

Agreed resident evil 4 was 'fun' but it clearly wasn't a proper resident evil game which is why I count resident evil 4/5/6 as filler. :drunk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...