NEW RB3 update!

PurpleSkwid

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214418

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

• The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
  • For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
  • Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
  • Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
  • The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
  • Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

ONLINE CHANGES

• PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
  • Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
  • To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES

• Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
  • Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
  • The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
    • Anvil - 666
    • Anvil - Metal on Metal
    • Anvil - This is Thirteen
    • Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
    • Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
    • Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
    • Guess Who, The - No Time
    • Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
    • Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife

PRACTICE MODE CHANGES

• An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
  • Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

CRASH FIXES

• Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
  • Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

Some much welcomed fixes... Including being able to activate vocal overdrive with a controller! :D

For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.

OH FINALLY.

Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).

I guess this spells the end of IM'ing while singing (which forces me to pause like, 5 billion times during a song). :(

The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.

Very welcome, this occasionally bugs me on guitar.

Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

This should have been in the game from the start, but it's good to see that they came to their senses and put it in. Better late than never.