Collector's Edition???!?

Clowhagen

I've been searching for a while on several different forums, but so far all I have come up with is threads speculating on what will come with a collectors limited edition if there is one.

Does anyone have any kinda of conformation as to what there will be? (Because we all know there is going to be one. If not, then 2. A limited edition, and a legendary edition, like halo 3.) I also heard that there was a chance at a Gears 3 console. Not sure how that is going to work with the new model system that came out with Kinect.

Can anyone please help cure my wondering mind.

Thanks in advanced.

It has not been announced. Once it has, we'll surely run a news piece on it, so watch the main site (subscribe to the RSS feed for best results), or check the Gears of War 3 page from time to time for new information.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/gears-of-war-3/overview/

as it's been said, there has been nothing announced. some people say that there is an "epic edition" of gears 3 but rod just misspoke and was talking about the epic edition of bulletstorm.

Most likely Gears 3 will follow what gears 2 did. have the standard $60 game and then an $80 collectors with steel case and some bonuses.

i'm hoping though, that they do make a super edition that includes some sort of nice item like we've seen in the legendary editions of halo and other games

i think there should be more then the regular gun skins and a book. i definitely think there should be cog tags. and i think it would be cool if they put in a 2nd disc that had more playable deleted scenes from gears 1 and 2. maybe a code for shadow complex and the making of gears 3 video with all voice actors in it. im sick and tired of not knowing who voices my favorite characters in my video games. that would be awesome:)

It has not been announced. Once it has, we'll surely run a news piece on it, so watch the main site (subscribe to the RSS feed for best results), or check the Gears of War 3 page from time to time for new information.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/gears-of-war-3/overview/

It has now been announced that there will be three versions, though the content of each is not revealed. Currently the first story in the link above.

US prices are up at gamestop. $60, $80, $150

yep the limited edition is 80 USD and the epic edition is 150 USD. It hasn't been announced yet what comes with each edition but if you're a true fan then you'll preorder the Epic edition without knowing! ....im going to wait

yep the limited edition is 80 USD and the epic edition is 150 USD. It hasn't been announced yet what comes with each edition but if you're a true fan then you'll preorder the Epic edition without knowing! ....im going to wait

i'm waiting, because depending on what the epic edition includes it may not be worth it. if it's another cat helmet like halo 3 then i'm not spending the extra $70.

Yeah, I already dropped money on my Epic Edition. Rod's said it is real limited, but we all know how that goes.

I bought Battlefield: Bad Company and got asked if I wanted to pre-order anything and I mentioned Gears and was shown a very thick wad of the usual code redeem flyers.

He said that you only get the beta entry code if you pre-order the collectors or Epic editions. £5 deposit which I am guessing is $10 USD...I'll whack my £5 down then cancel and order online when I get Dragon Age 2 next week. The UK usually have sick offers in supermarkets on midnight launch like Modern Warfare 2 for £28 or 2100 MS points for £2 if you bought Black Ops or Halo Reach.

He said that you only get the beta entry code if you pre-order the collectors or Epic editions. £5 deposit which I am guessing is $10 USD...

Not true over here. I had just the regular edition pre-ordered when I was sent a text from GameStop about picking up my beta code. I know for the Epic Edition, you have to put down $25 to reserve it.

Now available on game.co.uk :D

Noticed that you get free express delivery with it, so perhaps it's going to be something the size of the Halo Reach Legendary edition, think only stuff about that size or above gets the express for free.

My only issue is that it will be too big for the posty to slip through the letter box. So, it's probably the midnight launch in GAME for me then, hopefully they give out codes and posters like for Gears of War 2.

EDIT: Or I could get the day off and get it off the posty. NICE !!!