The Ending *Spoilers*

Stevolutionary

Really? a 5 second recap of the first cut scene? That's it???

I don't mind some arty ending that implies the narrative is cyclical (even thought that's a terrible ending and makes little sense in this context) but at least do it a little better than that. Such a cop out.

The game is great but the ending is shockingly poor and lazy.

Think about it. They had to make space for the credits, if you know what I'm trying to say ;)

Don't get it...

I mean I had the credits playing in the background, but was there any clip/easter egg in there or are you just referring to the sheer length-which tbh was quite long...

or are you just referring to the sheer length-which tbh was quite long...

Exactly. I watched the ending and was like "Oh. That's all..." and as I watched the credits I was like "OMG! It's an arcade game, why are the credits soooo long...".

I think a better ending would have taken max. 1 hour to create :/

Complained about how the ending is exactly the same as the start of the game but not how every single transition between every single level was exactly the same every time? I feel the ending made a lot of sense, it leaves the game open for expansion, who knows it might not be the end, they could have just go into a new area that is part of a later addon.

Really? a 5 second recap of the first cut scene? That's it???

its not a retail game and its really cool beause it gave it away throughout the game, they keep going in circles through time. they were the ancients.

Complained about how the ending is exactly the same as the start of the game but not how every single transition between every single level was exactly the same every time? I feel the ending made a lot of sense, it leaves the game open for expansion, who knows it might not be the end, they could have just go into a new area that is part of a later addon.

how the hell does it expand it just shows you that they end up in the same place every time, hence going in circles. if you still cant comprehend, look at the level map, its a giant circle, or oval. can you define from dust multiplayer? a race to get all four relics before some one else? or one play controlling the enviornment?..

Edited by sobadnomad

I get the whole, going in circles, they were the ancients, but what i don't understand is the memories.

It makes sense that when you start out the tribe has no memories but like any human as you progress and move forward, you gain memories and learn from the past.

So when they reach the end of their journey, wouldn't they have all the memories of their last journey, eg all the different breathes, elements of the earth, etc

You could argue that on their next journey, they no longer require the guidance of God (the player) because they have all the memories, but if in fact they were the ancients, wouldn't they still have the memories of making the totems?

• 2 weeks later...
how the hell does it expand it just shows you that they end up in the same place every time, hence going in circles. if you still cant comprehend, look at the level map, its a giant circle, or oval. can you define from dust multiplayer? a race to get all four relics before some one else? or one play controlling the enviornment?..

Can you not comprehend that the game could have additional content, meaning it makes sense that it ends in the same way because they would of arrived somewhere else, you're not very smart.

I've read somewhere, that they were going to release an editor and a muliplayer mode if the game sells well enough-let's hope it did! :woop:

An open sandbox editor is exactly what this game needs. The levels were really good on the game, but I felt a little rushed on a few of them; so a proper sandbox level as DLC would be great.

• 2 years later...

I thought that it made sense for an ending, but at the same time the presentation was lazy. But then, it's a Ubisoft game, so what did we expect? Really long credits, beautiful graphics, a good idea for a game that never got fully realized, frustratingly, unexplainably bad AI, and a story that tried hard, whether or not it failed. Right Assassin's Creed? Right Beyond Good and Evil? Right Far Cry 3? The only thing that actually did surprise me about this Ubisoft production was that the music wasn't really par, since most Ubisoft games have excellent music.