Should i play the others first?

Laurence4

I say play Bioshock before you play Bioshock: Infinite. Don't worry about Bioshock 2.

You can still understand Infinite without playing the first game, but I found it cool to compare and contrast the differences and similarities between Rapture and Columbia.

I agree and there are some funny references to BioShock 1 (and/or 2) which you might appreciate or understand more when you've played the first (and maybe the second) game. They are a must play anyway (at least BS1 is).

I say play Bioshock before you play Bioshock: Infinite. Don't worry about Bioshock 2.

You can still understand Infinite without playing the first game, but I found it cool to compare and contrast the differences and similarities between Rapture and Columbia.

THIS. Give this man a round of applause. Perfect way to go about it. BioShock 1 needs to be played first, but just ignore BioShock 2. Not even worth the time.

I disagree. I had a lot of fun playing Bioshock 2 but compared to Bioshock 1 it's not that good. I just wouldn't say it's a waste of time imo. But that's personal. I know a lot of people who didn't like Bioshock 2.

I think the point they are getting at is that Bioshock 2 wasn't made by Irrational and Irrational doesn't consider it canon, so there is really no need to play it unless you absolutely wanted to.

I think the point they are getting at is that Bioshock 2 wasn't made by Irrational and Irrational doesn't consider it canon, so there is really no need to play it unless you absolutely wanted to.

Yeah I understand, but I justed wanted to point out that the game itself isn't trash. But it's just not as good as both the Irrational Bioshock games.