Apparently, you can dupe.

Drias

So last night, my friend, Grave and I were playing and we killed a boss that dropped demonite for us. He picked it up and made me a nightmare pick axe since he had some shadow scales on him. When he went to make it, he dropped his Demonite axe and went to make the pickaxe, and his internet went out.

After it came back on, he came back in and he was losing his shit. He had another Demonite axe in his inventory. He said same spot and everything. I looked at it, and all the stats were the same, even the name "Keen" was there.

Thoughts?

Actually, it's quite easy to dupe. Here's the process:

1. The host creates an online game.

2. Host manually saves game before anything is changed.

3. Host turns off auto-save option in menu.

3. Another online player joins the game.

4. That player (NOT the host) takes whatever they want from the host, his/her treasure chests, etc.

5. That player (NOT the host) saves game and quits.

6. Host ends game and when it prompts you, make sure you choose the option that says quit/exit WITHOUT saving.

7. Once host starts up a new online game, everything that the second player took should be there again plus the second player will have everything they took as well. Simple :)

First off, not everyone wants to dupe. Ruins the experience of the game for a lot of us. Second off, I'll be passing it on to everyone I know that plays the game just to spite you.

Doesn't bother me. It just ruined Minecraft. It will easily ruin this.

• 2 months later...

Trying to understand why some people thinks it 'ruins' the game. How I play in my world literally has 0 effect on yours, so what is ruined? I like getting to play around with some of the items my friend duped for me that took him over 100 hours to get, but I can't dedicate that much time to getting them myself.

I already played through most of the game the 'right' way, now I'm enjoying myself with these duped items, neither of which impacted your playing experience in any way.