Achievement Guide

joshnorm

Here is my guide for KoF: Sky Stage. Fun SHMUP that has a decent mix of achievements (easy and really hard). If you need anything else or have a question please let me know. As of right now I have most of the solutions here trying to figure out the 2nd boss achievement (if its a 1 credit achievement or just a 1-5 without continuing achievement) will update when I find out.

Enjoy!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/-zMzqA==.jpg

Prove Your Ability

Clear Stage 1! (1Player Game)

10 G

Beat the first level. Continues are ok. Any difficulty (recommend Practice Mode)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/-RI6HQ==.jpg

The Edge of Truth

Clear Stage 2! (1Player Game)20G

Beat the 2nd level. Continues are ok. Any difficulty (recommend Practice Mode)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/-PLCjg==.jpg

Separate Fates

Clear Stage 3! (1Player Game)

20G

Beat the 3rd Level. Continues are ok. Any difficulty (recommend Practice Mode)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+VApdw==.jpg

Resurrection

Clear Stage 4! (1Player Game)

20G

Beat the 4th level. Continues are ok. Any difficulty (recommend Practice mode)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+LDR5A==.jpg

Countdown to Destruction

Clear Stage 5! (1Player Game)

20G

Beat the 5th level. Continues are ok. Any difficulty (recommend Practice Mode)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+pHYUQ==.jpg

Final Stage

Obliterate the Final Boss! (1Player Game)

20G

Final boss is Omega Rugal

To get to him you need to unlock the harder levels and more specifically 2-5.

to unlock them you need to get all the letters that the KOF characters drop when shot in a single play-through.

1-1 Ryo will be moving up the highway around mid level

1-2 Gesse is base jumping off the final building right before the boss

1-3 Ralf Clark blends i with the enemies so isn't very visible and is about midway through the level where the background turns green

1-4 Chang Choi standing on a rock at the side of the screen halfway through the level, very very easy to miss as he's only on screen for a few seconds

1-5 Kim will fly across the screen in the middle of the football stadium.

Also, note that you can only play level 1-5 without dying and collecting the envelope (retrying is okay) to get the second loop which you will have to play through 2-1 on to 2-5 which will give you the opportunity to face the Final Boss (Omega Rugal).

Credit to: KaiohHokuto for finding this info out!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+3Egwg==.jpg

Turning the Tables!

Obliterate the Intruding Boss! (1Player Game)

20G

The Intruding Boss appears when you play through 1-3 without dying. Then defeating the boss with a special move or a bomb (I suggest using a bomb). Use the Taunt to clear out shots or when you are overwhelmed. Also utilize your bombs only when you are in desperate need of them. The boss will show up after the point total is tallied.

Note you can use continues when you reach the Intruding Boss so when you get there it should be easy to achieve.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+FY0zA==.jpg

The Temptation of the Gold Medal

Get 50 Gold Medals in 1 stage! (1Player Game)

20G

Achievement can be done on any difficulty. But the description is off. It should say by using only special attacks so do not use primary fire at all. I found Athena to be the best because of her level 3 special attack makes her invulnerable so you can just turn that on and ram the enemy. The achievement will pop during the game not at the end of the level. Recommend doing either 1-5 or 1-3A for this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+bbMXw==.jpg

300 Combos

Complete 300 Combos in 1 stage! (1Player Game)

20G

Get a combo chain of 300. Found that the only real place to get this is level 1-5. Do this on practice mode (so you can take out the yellow bullets, and make sure your settings are at 5 lives and 5 bombs. This will take you a few times but when you get to the half way mark of the level (purple background) then you will have multiple waves of enemies fly on either side of the screen. This is your best opportunity, practice a few times to get the timing down.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+gghng==.jpg

Don't Use the Bomb!!

Clear through Stage 5 without Using the Bomb! (1Player Game)

20G

Play through level 1-1 to 1-5 without using the bomb button. Special attacks are ok and so are continues, just don't use the bombs. Once you defeat the boss at 1-5 then the achievement will pop.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+CkoKw==.jpg

KOF Into the Sky

Try It Out!

10G

This is the gimme achievement. Start the game, reach the main menu then it unlocks.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1286/+cnQuA==.jpg

Crimson World

Taunt 30+ Times in 1 Play! (1Player Game, No Continues)

10G

Press the LB button 30 times without dying. You don't have to wait for the red background to disappear just keep pressing it. The achievement will unlock when you hit it 31 times or so.

Edited by joshnorm

to unlock them you need to get all the letters that the KOF characters drop when shot in a single play-through.

1-3 Ralf Clarck blends i with the enemies so isn't very visible and is about midway through the level where the background turns green

1-4 Chang Choi standing on a rock at the side of the screen halfway through the level, very very easy to miss as he's only on screen for a few seconds

1-5 Kim will fly across the screen in the middle of the football stadium.

Edited by TerreBullet

1-3 Ralf Clarck blends i with the enemies so isn't very visible and is about midway through the level where the background turns green

1-5 King will fly across the screen in the middle of the football stadium.

Does this need to be 1CC? Or can it be done with continues?

Also thanks for the clarification will add it.

LB to taunt not RB

Damn, thanks I will change I was trying to do 3 things at once and must have been mixed up, thanks for pointing that out.

I'd like to point out that for the "Don't Use the Bomb!!" achievement, it's ok to use continues.

It would have actually seem more logical to 1 cc this achievement, this is what i first thought anyway.

I will clarify this also.

Edited by joshnorm

Does this need to be 1CC? Or can it be done with continues?

If it follows the same rule as the PSP version, i think it needs to be done in 1 CC. But don't quote me on that, i'm still attempting it as we speak (it's also the only achievement i haven't unlocked yet).

Two things:

1) It's Shmup and not Shump.

2) Intruding boss you do not have to get there without dying. I believe its linked around score and of course no continuing. Every time i effed around I wouldnt get the battle. Every time i would have 3million + going into the fight (collecting medals and proximity golds) I would fight the intruding boss.

To answer the other question. The two boss achievements need to be done without continuing.

Edited by Todaysforgotten

Two things:

1) It's Shmup and not Shump.

2) Intruding boss you do not have to get there without dying. I believe its linked around score and of course no continuing. Every time i effed around I wouldnt get the battle. Every time i would have 3million + going into the fight (collecting medals and proximity golds) I would fight the intruding boss.

To answer the other question. The two boss achievements need to be done without continuing.

I got it without dying/continuing. Maybe there is a misunderstanding here but every time I would die I would have to get continue. I just played through and got it once I figured out that it has to be done without dying (not continuing) it worked fine.

Also, thanks for the point out SHUMP/SHMUP again I was typing this up when trying to copy and paste so its fixed.

Well the Intruding boss just needs to be done with that one level. Do you know if that is the same for the True Boss? Or do you just need to just collect the letters?

I think you do need to do a 1CC clear (and collect all 5 envelopes) to access stages 2-1 and on. You can play on Practice with 5 bombs/lives, but it's still pretty tough.

...But wait! As it turns out, it's not actually that tough! If you mess up on any stage you can press Start and select "Retry", allowing you to start from the beginning of that stage exactly how you started it (same score, bomb, and life count). It still counts as a 1CC clear. So just make sure you get to Stage 1-5 with, say, 4 lives and 5 bombs left, and you can keep trying until you pass it. Not too hard. :Bounce:

I think you do need to do a 1CC clear (and collect all 5 envelopes) to access stages 2-1 and on. You can play on Practice with 5 bombs/lives, but it's still pretty tough.

...But wait! As it turns out, it's not actually that tough! If you mess up on any stage you can press Start and select "Retry", allowing you to start from the beginning of that stage exactly how you started it (same score, bomb, and life count). It still counts as a 1CC clear. So just make sure you get to Stage 1-5 with, say, 4 lives and 5 bombs left, and you can keep trying until you pass it. Not too hard. :Bounce:

Thanks for this info. I was quickly growing infuriated playing perfectly up until Orochi Chris/Orochi in stage 5. He has some pretty difficult patterns, even on practice difficulty.

Are you kidding me? That is lame. Oh well, whatever it takes for people to get their achievements. No, I'm not ragging on Snap. I'm just really annoyed that this achievement is so easily obtainable. Then again im thankful its not a true 1cc on normal but i will work towards that while upping my current score.

I know for a fact intruding boss is a no continue deal but may have requirements. i died once and he appeared. I still think it is more than just dying or not dying. It may very well be:

If player does not die show boss, else if player's score = show boss or do not show boss.

of course im sure they aren't using IF Statements, but you get the jist.

Yes 1cc clear with 5 invitation tickets. Then go make your way up to 2-5 and beat all 3 bosses.

Also, you can start a new game on stage 1-5, collect the envelope and beat it without dying to start a second loop without having to 1cc from the beginning. It worked for me.

Damn, this method actually works...I feel like i was trying too hard, kinda feels cheap.

Oh well, i guess i can still compete for hiscores :D

Ah! No wonder I couldn't get that 50 gold medal achievement. It's been driving me nuts!!

Also, you can start a new game on stage 1-5, collect the envelope and beat it without dying to start a second loop without having to 1cc from the beginning. It worked for me.

I did this twice and got no achievement. Now I did actually die, but I did not continue.

Beat the game by starting at 1-5, collecting the envelope, and having 2 lives in hand, plus 1 bomb in hand at the end. got a special ending where it showed an envelope and said congrats you have all 5 envelopes. then looped to level 2-1. never got the achievement. are you sure those were the settings you used?

I did this twice and got no achievement. Now I did actually die, but I did not continue.

Beat the game by starting at 1-5, collecting the envelope, and having 2 lives in hand, plus 1 bomb in hand at the end. got a special ending where it showed an envelope and said congrats you have all 5 envelopes. then looped to level 2-1. never got the achievement. are you sure those were the settings you used?

Ummm..you have to play through the entire 2nd loop. After you beat Orochi on 2-5 you go to 2-6 and fight Omega Rugal.

1-5 King will fly across the screen in the middle of the football stadium.

Thanks very much for this! It's Kim that's in level 1-5, though, not King.

Hello everyone!:) i just wanna little help with this: Anyone can upload a Save with the second round of stages Unlocked? my last achievement is the Omega Rugal one but i cant unlock the second Stages. Im so bad to survive Stage 5 without dying even in Practice mode and with 5 lives.

It doesnt matter if the Save was incomplete, i only want stage 2-1 unlocked please:(