M: LL Twitter Saying Ranger Mode May Be Fixed?

JohnnyBoosh

Metro: Last Light ‏@MetroVideoGame 3h @Sashamorning It might be fixed now. If you have a save from the last checkpoint, could you try doing the last fight again & see if it pops?

Can anyone confirm?

i dont know how in the hell to read a twitter page, but from what i could gather it doesnt mean much and they are asking people if its working because some are unlocking it on live. i think those that are unlocking it are the modders who are to stupid to reasearch the achievements before they hack them.

Edited by deluxnugs

i dont know how in the hell to read a twitter page, but from what i could gather it doesnt mean much and they are asking people if its working because some are unlocking it on live. i think those that are unlocking it are the modders who are to stupid to reasearch the achievements be fore they hack them.

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/peter-griffin-grinds-my-gears.jpg

because i cant use twitter or its likely hacker/modders?

plus you couldve at least fixed that space between before for me.

Bah, it was a good chuckle :p

But have no fear, twitter is a pain it's not just you.

Hackers....and this Ranger mode debacle.

Yah, in a nutshell I took a screenshot and the devs are working on a patch and getting assistance from the legit playing community to narrow down what works and what doesn't. Hopefully 4A's power doesn't go out until after they release a proper fix :p. These things take time.

They have to find the coding break that's causing the bug. Think of how many thousands and thousands of lines of coding these games have built in. Sometimes in bug fixing you have to go line by line and look for literally anything out of place. It's not a simple or fast process especially when you have a team as small as 4A.

http://i41.tinypic.com/4hph6x.jpg

i started a twitter page ages ago when NFS pro street was going offline and was trying to get the racedays reset, anyway i just tried tweeting a question to 4A asking if there is anyway that reviewers got different copies than us and are able to unlock it that way.

im not sure if it worked though as i cant see it.

Bah, it was a good chuckle :p

But have no fear, twitter is a pain it's not just you.

Yah, in a nutshell I took a screenshot and the devs are working on a patch and getting assistance from the legit playing community to narrow down what works and what doesn't. Hopefully 4A's power doesn't go out until after they release a proper fix :p. These things take time.

They have to find the coding break that's causing the bug. Think of how many thousands and thousands of lines of coding these games have built in. Sometimes in bug fixing you have to go line by line and look for literally anything out of place. It's not a simple or fast process especially when you have a team as small as 4A.

http://i41.tinypic.com/4hph6x.jpg

THANKS for the post man. Would be sweet to just load up the last chapter and get these to pop. There are two people on ta that have unlocked it already. maybe It will get fixed.

THANKS for the post man. Would be sweet to just load up the last chapter and get these to pop. There are two people on ta that have unlocked it already. maybe It will get fixed.

wow i cant believe that people are able to unlock this while im sure there are at least a 100 of us that have came here that cant. im sure they are haking and have no clue as to the fact that they are not working.

wow i cant believe that people are able to unlock this while im sure there are at least a 100 of us that have came here that cant. im sure they are haking and have no clue as to the fact that they are not working.

While I admit it's kind of fishy they have the achievements, if you look into their play history of the game, they unlocked other achievements in what seems like a natural progression over several days.

Plus, neither person has them all. Why would they hack the achievements and not unlock them all?

While I admit it's kind of fishy they have the achievements, if you look into their play history of the game, they unlocked other achievements in what seems like a natural progression over several days.

Plus, neither person has them all. Why would they hack the achievements and not unlock them all?

because they think they are being smart: go unlock the hard achievements with a program now go through and get the easy achievements and nobody is the wiser.

just give it a few minutes of thought: theres about 20+ of us that are posting in these (last light)forums reguler, that means there are likely at least 100+ that are here just looking without posting.

its logical to think that at least 1 person who uses the forums wouldve posted that they got it by now. the only reason Warlord came was because some one messaged him about it, and he came only to get us off his case.

if anybody else got it id think they would be here trying to help or at least brag about what theyve done.

also i think that one of the guys are out of order, sure he couldve went back and held the platform without dying but whay do that right after the ending when you know youve got more playthroughs.

in this case its them who need to prove it, not us.

Edited by deluxnugs

because they think they are being smart: go unlock the hard achievements with a program now go through and get the easy achievements and nobody is the wiser.

Hmmm, perhaps you're right, but I'm still not convinced they hacked them.

And there's 3rd person who's unlocked them both, now...

Hmmm, perhaps you're right, but I'm still not convinced they hacked them.

And there's 3rd person who's unlocked them both, now...

well i dont know whatll convince you. like i said i think at least one person wouldve come here by now to say that theyve done it. and likely with how they done, im sure they all have a different stories( ive only mesaged to metal reaper) one guy told me he has a MS debug console and a debug copy(whatever that means) of the game.

first it was just a review copy but after more scrutiny the users story has changed and he has a special copy of the game sent to no one else. i know what a debug console is but not a debug game.

whats more probible is that more people have the game after the week has gone by and they feel comfotable with modding the achievements.

i think at this point its on them to prove its not hacked/modded.

Edited by deluxnugs

Allow me to pitch in officially :)

We've been working with MS on this achievement issue. Right now, the Ranger achievements should work as intended. It doesn't need a update, but you do need to log in to Xbox Live and start the game.

However, I haven't been able to test how it works quite yet. Restarting the last chapter worked for one person so far. If any of you still have your save games, could you perhaps try if that works for you as well?

I'm hoping that just replaying the last chapter will do the trick in all instances, but I don't know how it will affect things if you have been going through past chapters to mop up collectables.

I'm still only halfway through the game on Ranger Hardcore myself so it will take some time until I get to the end to test it.

Finally unlocked this. Got credit for hardcore plus ranger for 110 gamer score. This is what I did. Moved my hardcore first run onto a 16GB Gorilla stick. Moved my profile to the stick. Re-downloaded the Ranger mode from the store (had it previously for Xbox 360 Gamestop preorder) to the same stick. Replayed D6 until I made it through. Just prior to my turning the 'handle' on the red box...it unlocked. Had also tried to play off-line without success got the message my dlc was corrupted. Maybe there was a patch in the last couple days. Prior to my replay of D6 level today; I bought the season pass and put it on the 320 GB hard drive of my unit. Good luck on getting this one. Thanks to everyone here for help on this one.

Posted by Marine1Ten on 24 May 13 17:53:07

Thanks to marin1ten over at TA

Allow me to pitch in officially :)

We've been working with MS on this achievement issue. Right now, the Ranger achievements should work as intended. It doesn't need a update, but you do need to log in to Xbox Live and start the game.

However, I haven't been able to test how it works quite yet. Restarting the last chapter worked for one person so far. If any of you still have your save games, could you perhaps try if that works for you as well?

I'm hoping that just replaying the last chapter will do the trick in all instances, but I don't know how it will affect things if you have been going through past chapters to mop up collectables.

I'm still only halfway through the game on Ranger Hardcore myself so it will take some time until I get to the end to test it.

much appreciated, it still seems odd as i was on live the entire playthrough of ranger easy. i dont have my save however because i couldnt wait to playthrough the game again. i hope this is true and works.

Finally unlocked this. Got credit for hardcore plus ranger for 110 gamer score. This is what I did. Moved my hardcore first run onto a 16GB Gorilla stick. Moved my profile to the stick. Re-downloaded the Ranger mode from the store (had it previously for Xbox 360 Gamestop preorder) to the same stick. Replayed D6 until I made it through. Just prior to my turning the 'handle' on the red box...it unlocked. Had also tried to play off-line without success got the message my dlc was corrupted. Maybe there was a patch in the last couple days. Prior to my replay of D6 level today; I bought the season pass and put it on the 320 GB hard drive of my unit. Good luck on getting this one. Thanks to everyone here for help on this one.

Posted by Marine1Ten on 24 May 13 17:53:07

Thanks to marin1ten over at TA

while i love TA i dont like their forums and will be waiting for some confirmation from some one here that i feel is trustworthy. untill then im not buying it.

all we know so far is evrybody who is unlocking are doing it in different ways. first it was review copies, then i was told debug consoles and games , now its put it on a usb.

they all sound fishy. can you give us your gt so i can check out you gs?

Edited by deluxnugs

Thanks Pew. What's the verdict? Is it unlocking for everyone or just a few people? I hope I can jump in now and play ranger mode.

If you are starting from scratch, there is no reason why it shouldn't pop when completing the game.

The fix is a bit of a background one (hence no need for an update), and I believe it went live yesterday evening. The only reason you need to sign in to XBL is to kind of sync the updated data to your 360, and then the trigger for Ranger Mode should pop the achievement.

If anyone here has a save at the last chapter, make sure to transfer your save, profile, and ranger dlc to the USB stick. I have no reason to lie. Don't believe me, try it yourself.

yeah i dont have a save at that point on ranger so i cant try it, and with it going live yesterday and people unlocking it before that it just seems odd. and id like to believe you, same as id like it to work properly. like i said after some confirmation from more people its working then ill believe it.

im sure there are people from here trying this right now or will be tonight. likely we will have some information here soon.

Edited by deluxnugs

If anyone here has a save at the last chapter, make sure to transfer your save, profile, and ranger dlc to the USB stick. I have no reason to lie. Don't believe me, try it yourself.

I'm not accusing you here or anything but I thought I'd give this a shot, when I try and move or copy my saves it says "This item can't be moved or copied".

I've tried this to both a memory stick and the cloud, both with the same results and after a reboot of my console.

How did you move your saves?

No it didn't unlock for me, I tried a few times from the last save. I've redown loaded the Ranger mode DLC then replayed D6 but these two achievements still won't unlock for me.

I have not replayed any chapters on this save (besides D6), its defiantly on Ranger Hard Core difficulty.

I don't wont to move saves and profiles from the consul to a USB and I don't think we should have to these achievements should work the normal and correct way.

Please help us to unlock these.......