Final Boss No Damage Help

KKWAKE

Alright so like the title says I need help. I'm using my level 20 Darkshoulder Chaos and then hire a wingman using the same dragon for maximum damage. I can get past the first two parts easily, but when it comes to the third part I get messed up. Those walls that just get summoned out of nowhere and the blocks that get thrown at you. The spinny cubes of death and that ridiculous explosion if you get too close. It's very rage-inducing. So any tips or dragon combinations on how you got the medal?

P.S. Kudos to any of you with this medal achievement. It's definitely a pain

Hello, I'll do my best to help you. Before you attempt taking no damage, make sure you can complete the boss fight without a wingman without dying. This will help prepare you for the real deal.

Before you start, be sure to hire a max level Darkshoulder Chaos as your wingman. They do the most direct damage especially when the Phantom's element type changes frequently. Be sure to equip a valuable ampoule too that could benefit you. MIND helps recharge your second attack, ATK increases attack power, and AGIL helps you move quicker. I used a ATK+++ and AGIL+++ for my fight. I used a blue (spray) weapon

Phase One:

Because this is the first section, I made sure I did not get hit. I would hit restart over and over again until I got this part perfect. Every time the White Phantom shoots the multicolored balls, fly to one corner of the screen. As they first wave of blasts near, move to the other corner of the screen horizontally. After you hit the corner, immediately move vertically to the other corner, then barrel roll to the other side of the screen. Move to the other vertical corner and continue barrel rolling to the other side as needed. This vertical movement gives you enough time to let any remaining blasts from hitting you when you dive back into the other side of the screen.

When the large blasts of energy emerge, simply attack them with any power, they will detonate early when they take enough damage.

When the Phantom moves behind you, he will begin by shooting eight attacks to your left, target and eliminate them as soon as you can and continue lighting him up. After the previous attack he will launch two clouds that when shot will explode into many tiny balls. Shoot these with your wide-spread attack, you should be able to eliminate both sets of energy before they hit you.

Repeat this process until you get past this stage. I never used the wingman power on this phase, it's invaluable on the second phase.

Phase Two:

This phase was pretty short. Continue using the traditional dodges. If you are afraid of getting hit, use your wingman power (if you activate it, continue barrel rolling and moving to avoid getting hit coming out of it). When he moves in close, he will launch eight large flaming balls towards you, at this point I used a wingman attack, but they do generally hit one side before the other, which gives you a chance to dodge. Once he falls back out and lights begin charging and shooting, a ray will strike on either side of the Phantom, the spot where it will hit depends on the correlating side which the rays appear. These give you no time to dodge so be ready. By the time you've chipped at him and used all three of your abilities, you will have this phase completed.

Phase Three:

I thought this phase was pretty easy, if you play it slow and smart, you'll run into little problems. When you start, you're going to want to go around in circles shooting at the eight cubes. Continue in a circle, but point your reticle on the inside of your path. You should be able to hit the cubes while still keeping your path (crosshairs on either the left/right most part of the screen). Once you take out a few of the eight, it will "begin to charge". Back away from the area into the outer portion of your radar (which shows three rings) and you will not get hit at any point. Continue doing this until you've defeated him.

When those annoying black cubes come in to piss you off, use the LB or RB to perform a 180 degree turn, this will avoid them. The cubes generally move in front of you up to three times before stopping, so be patient. Alternatively, you can shoot them to create some space, but when they become a hollow cube, it becomes much more efficient to just barrel roll.

Make sure you keep your speed going and keep that circular path. The central cubes will shoot blue and purple energy cubes that can catch you off guard. If you have to barrel roll to get away from the black cubes, hold A to accelerate into your path.

This mission certainly tripped me up quite a few times. I created videos for the final boss in one of the threads in this forum, but it got buried. Take a look, maybe these will help:

Thanks! I'm personally not a big fan of the free-flight mode so I didn't do much exploring in it. Had no idea RB and LB did 180's. Would've probably have helped out a lot haha. Thanks again for the tips. It was always that last part that tripped me up because of the walls and little pink cubes he shoots at you. I haven't gotten any attack ampoules besides attack+ unfortunatey.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! I'm personally not a big fan of the free-flight mode so I didn't do much exploring in it. Had no idea RB and LB did 180's. Would've probably have helped out a lot haha. Thanks again for the tips. It was always that last part that tripped me up because of the walls and little pink cubes he shoots at you. I haven't gotten any attack ampoules besides attack+ unfortunatey.

Free flight mode is the only thing that irritates me in this game, but I also had no idea the barrel roll buttons worked as a 180 in free flight. Great tips as I tend to die at least twice on the last phase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darkenednight, thank you so much dude. I beat him second try with your strategy. Also, just going left down right up worked too (didn't have to use bumpers the first two sections) and just tapping the bumper and letting my wingman do a ton of damage helped knock out the final part.

So fucking happy I'm done with the medals. On to grinding to level 40!

What dragon and primary ability do you recommend for this? Im only missing 2 objectives for the 1k and this is one of them.

I like Silvertail Radiance for the vision ability, giving him something heavy hitting for the sub-ability. I also think that Darkshoulder Chaos is the best wingman for this phase because you get to use their combo ability 3 times, which helps get through phase 1 a hell of a lot easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaidar Dio http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/Main/buttons/viewpost.gif

What dragon and primary ability do you recommend for this? Im only missing 2 objectives for the 1k and this is one of them.

I like Silvertail Radiance for the vision ability, giving him something heavy hitting for the sub-ability. I also think that Darkshoulder Chaos is the best wingman for this phase because you get to use their combo ability 3 times, which helps get through phase 1 a hell of a lot easier.

Agreed. Silvertail's flash ray secondary ability absolutely destroys this guy. It is particularly useful for his third form: a few shots with this and the cubes are history.

Just to add on to the strategies already suggested, for the first form, you can destroy everything he throws at you except the multicolored balls. For these balls just move around in a big rectangle around the edges of the screen and you shouldn't get hit. No need to use a wingman ability for this form.

In his second form, the multicolored balls are a lot harder to dodge and the eight large flaming balls are tough to destroy, so I used a wingman ability when he used either of these attacks. If you use your secondary ability correctly and use 2 wingman attacks, he probably won't have a chance to use more than 2 attacks against you, leaving you with 1 wingman ability for the final form.

Right at the beginning of the 3rd form (before you switch to free fly mode) he sends a bunch of cubes at you which I found difficult to dodge. I'd use my last wingman ability right before these were about to hit me. After that you should be in free fly mode (the easy part). If you do a big circle around the outside of the ring, you can still hit him with your secondary (and primary ability while secondary recharges) and none of his attacks can hit you except for the wall of cubes or the spinning hollow cube. For these, if you see them coming, simply barrel roll and they won't hit you. Toward the end of the fight he likes to send a bunch of these attacks one after another at you, just keep rolling back and forth until he stops. With the silvertail's secondary, he should die really fast. Hope this helps

Agreed. Silvertail's flash ray secondary ability absolutely destroys this guy. It is particularly useful for his third form: a few shots with this and the cubes are history.

Just to add on to the strategies already suggested, for the first form, you can destroy everything he throws at you except the multicolored balls. For these balls just move around in a big rectangle around the edges of the screen and you shouldn't get hit. No need to use a wingman ability for this form.

In his second form, the multicolored balls are a lot harder to dodge and the eight large flaming balls are tough to destroy, so I used a wingman ability when he used either of these attacks. If you use your secondary ability correctly and use 2 wingman attacks, he probably won't have a chance to use more than 2 attacks against you, leaving you with 1 wingman ability for the final form.

Right at the beginning of the 3rd form (before you switch to free fly mode) he sends a bunch of cubes at you which I found difficult to dodge. I'd use my last wingman ability right before these were about to hit me. After that you should be in free fly mode (the easy part). If you do a big circle around the outside of the ring, you can still hit him with your secondary (and primary ability while secondary recharges) and none of his attacks can hit you except for the wall of cubes or the spinning hollow cube. For these, if you see them coming, simply barrel roll and they won't hit you. Toward the end of the fight he likes to send a bunch of these attacks one after another at you, just keep rolling back and forth until he stops. With the silvertail's secondary, he should die really fast. Hope this helps

Nice, I can get to the last phase no problem but always get hit right at the beggining when he sends those cubes right before going into free-fly mode. Im going to try using the wingman ability, never thought of that.

Again, "Deflector Remedy" can absorb the cubes he flings at you. No need to use a wingman ability.

The only drawback is the wingman AI goes completely STUPID during the third phase (and frankly the first phase - he actually attacks during the second for once), so you are on your own, and Silverwing Radiance's main attack is peanuts, so expect a slog.

Again, "Deflector Remedy" can absorb the cubes he flings at you. No need to use a wingman ability.

The only drawback is the wingman AI goes completely STUPID during the third phase (and frankly the first phase - he actually attacks during the second for once), so you are on your own, and Silverwing Radiance's main attack is peanuts, so expect a slog.

Yeah, Im going to try both strategies. I use the snow wing and find the first two phases quite easy, but those blocks he launches at the start of the third really drive me nuts. Once I can free-fly it gets easier.

If you have a max Chaos Dragon (forgot the name) you can equip Deflector on it as well. the Chaos Dragon does the most damage to these multi-variant types.

If you do but it's not max, just farm Lava Lake a few times for some quick XP (12,000 a run).

• 1 month later...

I used the silvertail radiance and kept using flash ray. You have to know when to attack on the third stage. Stay persistent and circle him while attacking. Barrel roll when you see a wall and then turn to the inside immediately and attack. Rinse and repeat. Flash Ray works rediculously on the third stage. Nuke does not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pretty sure you're referring to Odd Job...

Best thing you can do for the first part of Odd Job is to not fire at all and keep your wingman behind you so he doesn't shoot anything either. If you do this, then all you need to do is remember where all the green projectiles come from, pick a corner of the screen, and barrel roll out of the way at the last second. The trench isn't bad either until you get to the part with the rolling enemies. Keep your wingman in front of you throughout the trench and remember that it's impossible to hit either side so barrel roll away. Once you get to the rolling enemies, use a nuke or 2 depending on how shit goes down but definitely try to make it to the boss part with 1 in reserve. Nuke those fucks and you're golden! Did this 5 times back to back and never had an issue.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I'll do my best to help you. Before you attempt taking no damage, make sure you can complete the boss fight without a wingman without dying. This will help prepare you for the real deal.

Before you start, be sure to hire a max level Darkshoulder Chaos as your wingman. They do the most direct damage especially when the Phantom's element type changes frequently. Be sure to equip a valuable ampoule too that could benefit you. MIND helps recharge your second attack, ATK increases attack power, and AGIL helps you move quicker. I used a ATK+++ and AGIL+++ for my fight. I used a blue (spray) weapon

Phase One:

Because this is the first section, I made sure I did not get hit. I would hit restart over and over again until I got this part perfect. Every time the White Phantom shoots the multicolored balls, fly to one corner of the screen. As they first wave of blasts near, move to the other corner of the screen horizontally. After you hit the corner, immediately move vertically to the other corner, then barrel roll to the other side of the screen. Move to the other vertical corner and continue barrel rolling to the other side as needed. This vertical movement gives you enough time to let any remaining blasts from hitting you when you dive back into the other side of the screen.

When the large blasts of energy emerge, simply attack them with any power, they will detonate early when they take enough damage.

When the Phantom moves behind you, he will begin by shooting eight attacks to your left, target and eliminate them as soon as you can and continue lighting him up. After the previous attack he will launch two clouds that when shot will explode into many tiny balls. Shoot these with your wide-spread attack, you should be able to eliminate both sets of energy before they hit you.

Repeat this process until you get past this stage. I never used the wingman power on this phase, it's invaluable on the second phase.

Phase Two:

This phase was pretty short. Continue using the traditional dodges. If you are afraid of getting hit, use your wingman power (if you activate it, continue barrel rolling and moving to avoid getting hit coming out of it). When he moves in close, he will launch eight large flaming balls towards you, at this point I used a wingman attack, but they do generally hit one side before the other, which gives you a chance to dodge. Once he falls back out and lights begin charging and shooting, a ray will strike on either side of the Phantom, the spot where it will hit depends on the correlating side which the rays appear. These give you no time to dodge so be ready. By the time you've chipped at him and used all three of your abilities, you will have this phase completed.

Phase Three:

I thought this phase was pretty easy, if you play it slow and smart, you'll run into little problems. When you start, you're going to want to go around in circles shooting at the eight cubes. Continue in a circle, but point your reticle on the inside of your path. You should be able to hit the cubes while still keeping your path (crosshairs on either the left/right most part of the screen). Once you take out a few of the eight, it will "begin to charge". Back away from the area into the outer portion of your radar (which shows three rings) and you will not get hit at any point. Continue doing this until you've defeated him.

When those annoying black cubes come in to piss you off, use the LB or RB to perform a 180 degree turn, this will avoid them. The cubes generally move in front of you up to three times before stopping, so be patient. Alternatively, you can shoot them to create some space, but when they become a hollow cube, it becomes much more efficient to just barrel roll.

Make sure you keep your speed going and keep that circular path. The central cubes will shoot blue and purple energy cubes that can catch you off guard. If you have to barrel roll to get away from the black cubes, hold A to accelerate into your path.

This mission certainly tripped me up quite a few times. I created videos for the final boss in one of the threads in this forum, but it got buried. Take a look, maybe these will help:

You sir are my hero for the day! I tried all day but kept getting hit by those stupid walls but I didn't know you could barrel roll and do a 180. That made all the difference and I finally got overachiever! Thanks bro