Under 100 Yards SUPER EASY

kliqIMB

I know this game is hella old, but if you want an incredibly easy way to get this achievement don't worry about what defense to play or anything like that. Just as soon as the play begins (as in before their QB snaps the ball) run into one of the linemen. Bam. Penalty for five yards and no yards given to them. Do this all the way till they're near the end zone. Let them score. Rinse Repeat. It's a little tedious, but it's by far the easiest method I've come across if you suck at the game like me. :D

• 1 month later...

Something else to try is this method.

If you win the coin flip take the ball.

Only call running plays and use the entire play clock.

If you get to 4th down, call a QB sneak from the goalline formation.

Using the truck stick up, up-left, or up-right is usually good enough for 2-4 yards. I've gotten 80 yards several times doing that.

Hopefully you've gotten a few first downs and have at least reached the 2nd quarter before being faced with a 4th down.

I've used this method when playing for ball control and had the ball for the entire half without the other team getting the ball.

Now, if you lose the coin toss (or won the toss and are starting the 2nd half):

Kick the ball onsides. The other team will get the ball on about your 40, thus if they score a touchdown they'll only get 40 yards.

When they kick off to you, start using the ball control method I described above.

They should have used a few minutes when they had the ball so you should be able to run out the clock or only leave a minute left if you can convert at least one 4th down.

Tips:

Mix up your rushing plays. HB dive, HB sweep, Counter, HB stretch. A QB sneak on 2nd down is usually good for a nice chunk of yards.

Dont run out of bounds...Keep the clock moving.

The defense will probably get a few "great jumps" off the snap. Mix up your timing on the hike. Snapping the ball between 1-5 seconds left should be good enough to limit their snap jumps.

If you move the ball far enough to get into field goal range and are facing a 4th down you can kick the FG. Then on the kickoff (assuming you made the FG), onside kick the ball. The maximum yards they can gain is 40-ish. You should only attempt the FG once.

I have done several games this way when I'm tired of winning 150-0. I have controlled the ball for all but 20 seconds in 5 minute quarters before.

I like to use a dime defense and blitz the outside linebackers. I dont recall the play name but use it 95% of the time. I control the middle linebacker and cover what I call the "defensive pocket." Basically the area bounded by the defensive ends and the line of scrimmage to 10 yards downfield.

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

How I did this achievement and the 200 yard was kept at the default settings. Use any team you want and pick San Jose State as your opponent. Do not do a full kickoff, just do an onside kick to begin the game. Even if they score it might be only about 40 yards.

Do not punt the ball at all. The strategy that I used was running the ball the whole time and DO NOT score because if you do you will need to onside kick it and stop them. So instead when its 4th down have your QB in the Shotgun and run all the way back to your 1 or 2 yard line. This means that they will only get 2 yards of offense and have to kick it back to you. Repeat same process throughout the game and both achievements for under 100 and 200 will be yours.