A legend returns

AttorneyAtLaw

when the ball is about to drain you have to click the left stick up at the right time. here is a video on youtube showing you how to do it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvrOwmubl7w]Pinball FX2 - The Avengers - A Legend Returns (Bang Back) - YouTube[/ame]

It's not as hard as you think. It takes a little practice. I remember when I learned what the achievement was I was like... aw crap. But I got it within 5 or 6 tries.

Now, I actually use that method once in awhile playing that table (and others) for that matter. It's a great way to save the ball if you can get the hang of it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not easy, for along time I thought it just wouldn't work, having many many attempts. That video is misleading it looks so simple on there, it is quite hard. The captain ball just doesn't bounce when traveling down the outlanes.

The way I made the achievement and the ball bounce back was having it go out the centre of the table not into the hole, but with it hitting the outlane. Upon it hitting the outlane, I nudged immediately and the ball sprung right back like a jack in the box and achievement. This is the only time I have seen that captain america ball bounce with a nudge. I would question that if this ball is suppose to bounce then surely this skill could be used with nudge anywhere on the table? Try it for yourself it just doesn't bounce questioning it altogether?

Although in fairness I have problems using the LS stick as a nudge over specific key's. When I did this I used the directional pad UP key. I couldn't get it to work having it go down the side outlanes that ball would never bounce back, like on the video through that method.

Edited by Shabba

• 5 weeks later...

It's all about practise. I made the video and sure it does look easier than what it is but it's not as hard as people think either. Just that most games are too easy nowadays so people aren't used to actually having to learn something. That doesn't mean that the achievement is easy for people not used to doing this. but once you learn you will managed to do it more often than you fail.