PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Medal of Honor
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #211
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I ended up buying this game today for $10.00. I love it. I had it before, but ended up having to get rid of it before I could really get into it.

Sure, it has it's flaws, but I think it's awesome. It sucks that more people don't play this online.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #212
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
The controls in this game feel so delayed sometimes, I press to go prone or slide while I'm running, and I pop back up when I click down on the but it takes my character two seconds to get up. Sometimes the game is unresponsive and he won't get back up at all. A little bit of an annoyance on Tier 1.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #213
DonTrombone7704

DonTrombone7704's Gamercard
Overall, I think this game is really awesome but there are definately things to get riled up about in this game.

Overall though, the thing that really pisses me off with this game is the horror that are "Forward Spotter" and "Fire Controller". Neither of these two trophies I could come close to unlocking and my best score-chain as of this writing is 150, and that is out of the ENTIRE career I've played with this game since it's late 2010 release.

I mean, who the hell can achieve a 600-point score-chain. The only way I could see this is launching a nuke on Helmund Valley. Hell, I've been completely unable to get the "Forward Spotter" trophy either even despite having great matches where I've buried poorly-performing teams or noobs on the other side. I went up to a score-chain of 150 and despite being careful, I got picked off and it was all for nothing. I gave up on these two achievements earlier this year and have no intention of chasing them.

"Conspicuous Gallantry" is a pain in the butt and although I haven't yet gotten it, far from doing so actually, I'm slowly peeling away at it. Yet those moments where you have to wait for the AI are maddening to say the least. That made me miss getting 'par time' on a couple of missions and it made me so mad. That and oftentimes, when you finish the final part of a given mission, the same thing happens when they just talk and walk around or else and I'm forced to fail because of them not shutting up. I'm like "What you just shut the hell up and give me my par time results?!". I'm getting it but it's an exasparating grind.

And the journey to Level 15 on any class is becoming a tedious grind. I swear, I played all day for two days during a period of crappy weather but I only advanced one level to 12. I don't even know if I'll even care if I make it to level 13.

In the end, this game I see maxing out at 47/48 of 50, the same number of trophies as "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2", games where I could not get the last two trophies.

So there you have it, 915/950 out of 1000 is probably my final score I'll reach before I send MoH into retirement.

Last edited by DonTrombone7704; 05-22-2013 at 11:53 PM.
DonTrombone7704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #214
DonTrombone7704

Thumbs down

UPDATE: Granted, I have many great memories of "Medal of Honor" but lately, I have had horrendous and enraging problems with the "Conspicious Gallantry" achievement. I for the life of me, cannot beat "Running With Wolves", "Neptunes Net" or the "Rescue the Rescuers". The AI is just bullshit on both sides.

The way I fail them are just complete BS. First, fatal glitches arise when the AI on my side doesn't do anything even when the gunfire stops but the background music implies there's still a tango there. I waited two minutes in the final mission and when I carefully moved up, a tango was hiding in a crevasse and ripped me to shreds. This happened three times and the fourth was when the AI glitched and the AI ally soldier just stood there and did nothing even after I moved up. Then in "Neptune's Net", my AI partner just stands there and talking for over 30 seconds and wasting over a minute total and caused me to fail by over 30 seconds! Finally, during a grenade sequence, a friendly's grenade bounced off the wall and 12 minutes in the mission, it killed me to the point I finally broke my controller and renounced my Xbox days and tossed "Medal of Honor" into a Blendtec blender and turned it into powder.

Fucking A man. I wanted to let this game rest in Peace with 48 of 50 achievements ("Forward Spotter" and "Fire Controller" are not worth bothering with) but for now this game's chapter ends on such a bad note with 46 of 50 achievements. It will take me a long time to recover from this. It's equally as terrible end note as the final boss in "Sonic Generations" which ruined my memory of that otherwise great game.

Perhaps I shall get "Conspicious Gallantry" someday but I just had to come here and bitch big time about it as it's really pissing me off to where I've been behaving like the American equivalent of the German gamer rage kid.

I'm angry that this great game has just about gone out on a very bad note. Fuck this bullshit! I'm so, so frickin' angry that I've now wasted countless hours on this piece-of-shit Tier 1 mode on missions that are glitched or the AI just doesn't know when to shut the hell up!

A boo-hiss to EA for this shit. No wonder MoH has died a terrible death.

UPDATE: I'm down to just completing "Rescue the Rescuers" and I've finished all of the other missions but towards the end, for some reason, I get blown up by some unseen bomb or grenade. The grenade location indicator doesn't even show up on the screen but something explodes and kills me. I failed this mission more than 20 minutes in and it pisses me off so much. Dammit!!

*Pounds fists on desk like a 7-year old brat who didn't get ice cream*

Last edited by DonTrombone7704; 05-26-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #215
DonTrombone7704

Cool

UPDATE!: I've finally gotten the "Conspicuous Gallantry" achievement and can FINALLY let the single-player campaign mode of MoH rest in peace now. Woohoo!!!!

It is an honor to have this achievement but Holy Shitato, was it an enraging nightmare a lot of times. The final mission was the worst with glitches and the final stretch.

For those who don't have "Conspicuous Gallantry" and are aiming to earn it, good luck and keep at it. You'll get angry and rage quit quite a few times but it's worth it.

Back to the Bitching aspect, I've yet to grab the "Tier 1" achievement, that is where you reach level 15 on any class but it is a frickin tedious grind and I tend to burn on out multiplayer for one game after two hours. This has been a huge grind to get.

"Forward Spotter" and "Fire Controller" are impossible for me to get. The best I've gotten was a 151 score-chain and then, to my horror I got killed immediately. And this was during my best performing games and has happened to me at least six times. Either that or the game ended. Both of these situations led me to abandon "Forward Spotter". Maybe I'll eventually get lucky and get forward spotter but having seen videos of how to get Fire Controller, I never got more than 25 points taking out an enemy even with a long range head shot so I have no idea what the 'boosters' for FC are talking about.

Last edited by DonTrombone7704; 05-28-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #216
xSavage Henry

xSavage Henry's Gamercard
This game is terrible. Just terrible. Its just a generic glitchy rip off of COD. Airborne was better than this. It at least had some original ideas.
xSavage Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #217
DarcEmrik

DarcEmrik's Gamercard
I have been playing this game pretty sold over the past few weeks and have been trying to get boosting session to go, but no! These multiplayer achievements suck balls, getting 600 points yea ok! Also, I'm sick of playing level 15's, I mean really? Its already a pain to level p, but to play against vets to this game make it next to impossible. And for what a leaderboard, yank yank, build your Gamerscore, no one cares about the leaderboard and if you do, WOW is all I have to say. SO IF YA WANNA BOOST HIT ME UP!!! SEND ME A MSG AND ILL HIT YOU BACK AS SOON AS I CAN...
DarcEmrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #218
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTrombone7704 View Post
I'm down to just completing "Rescue the Rescuers" and I've finished all of the other missions but towards the end, for some reason, I get blown up by some unseen bomb or grenade. The grenade location indicator doesn't even show up on the screen but something explodes and kills me. I failed this mission more than 20 minutes in and it pisses me off so much. Dammit!!
If you don't wait for the scripted events of the CIA drone launching a missile at the target the game kills you for advancing too far forward. It's not great game design but it's not hard to avoid it either.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #219
sinnister788

Infidel788's Gamercard
All in all I like this game. Few things that irritate me though. When I'm playing online and try to shoot I usually end up slashing with my ax and end up getting shot. I also don't like the minimal spawn points. People just drop mortar rounds down on the spawn point. The worst part of the game is so few people play online. If there are people online, they are rarely in sector control or objective.

Single player campaign was fun but too easy.
sinnister788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #220
FRIDAY M0RTIMER

FRIDAY M0RTIMER's Gamercard
there are not enough weapons or unlocks, and very little community... nobody plays objective raid, which sucks 'cause I can't get those achievements.
FRIDAY M0RTIMER is offline   Reply With Quote