Decisions Making/Choice Missions (SPOILERS)

Royalty

I didn't see a guide for choice missions when I needed one so I just thought I should submit one my self here.

The Belgian Problem

• Blow Up The Building

• Reward: Permanent Respect Bonus

[*]
    Disarm The Bomb

• Reward: Permanent Cash Bonus

Disarming the bomb will get you the Crib.

The Ho Boat

• Deliver Hos To Morningstar

• Reward: Lump Sum Cash Payout

[*]
    Keep Hos For The Saints

• Reward: Increased Hourly Cash Income

If you deliver them to Morningstar they will give you $25,000 in cash, while keeping them increases your hourly income. Keeping them is probably the most effective long-term option to choose.

STAG Party

• Return Josh To STAG

• Reward: STAG City Takeover Assistance

[*]
    Keep Josh With The Saints

• Reward: Nyte Blayde as Homie

If you chose to hand Josh over to Shaundi he'll be added as one of your powerful homies in your mobile. If you chose to hand him over to Cyrus then STAG will automatically take over any part of Steelport of your choosing.

Note: Remember that whatever the option you choose, the STAG will attack your crib.

• Take Over A Vehicle Manufacturer

• Reward: Vehicle customization cost reduction

[*]
    Take Over A Weapons Manufacturer

• Reward: Weapon upgrade cost reduction

If this is your first playthrough, looking at how cheap the vehicle upgrades are compared to the weapons and weapon upgrades, the best thing to do is to choose the "Take over a weapons manufacturer".

Zombie Attack

• Return Zombie Virus To Oleg

• Reward: Zombie Homies

[*]
    Destroy Zombie Virus For The Mayor

• Reward: Burt Reynolds and SWAT Homies

Zombies are more fun to have around, when you call them around 8-12 will show up in a short time. But remember that zombies aren't really counted as normal homies as they wont be following you around, they just go on eating everyone around except you.

If you choose burt you get a swat team of 6, the swat is smarter and only attack enemies, the swat has shields.
Remember that Burt also gives you a notoriety wipe that gets rid of gangs and cops.

Murderbrawl XXXI

• Unmask Killbane

• Reward: Killbane's mask

[*]
    Spare Killbane

• Reward: Apoca-Fist weapon

If you decided to spare Killbane because of the weapon, remember that you can still buy that weapon for $100,000 from Friendly Fire. However if you choose to unmask Killbane, it will bring him the utter humiliation. But remember that the mask can also be acquired by downloading the characters as well.

Three Way

• Head To The Airport

• Kill Killbane but Shaundi will die

[*]
    Go To The Statue

• Save Shaundi but Killbane will escape

I decided to save Shaundi. Let Killbane live with humiliation.

If you decide to save Shaundi and Viola, they will travel to the Steelport Monument where the two are being held. After disabling the bomb and fighting through waves of STAG and Luchadores, you will finally reach Kia, the one that holds Shaundi as a human shield. The player kills Kia and saves Shaundi and Viola. Senator Hughes congratulates the Saints, as heroes. The Saints rule Steelport, despite Killbane getting away.
A few months later the Saints have traced him.. to Mars. While fighting their way through the Luchadores, Shaundi, Pierce and Gat all die during the attack. You will then find Killbane and kill him by blowing up nearby Martian Lava Crystals. It's revealed that the whole mission was the end of the 'Gangstas in Space Movie'.

If your decition is to kill Killbane; Shaundi and Viola will be killed by the explosion. As the Senator believes in the rumor that the Third Street Saints bombed a national monument. She approves Cyrus Temple's request to order the Daedalus, a hovering STAG base which holds hundreds of STAG soldiers. The Daedalus begins launching bombs through out the city inturrupting a party honoring Shaundi and Gat. You'll have to traveI aboard the base killing Cyrus Temple and blow it up. You, along with the remaining Saints will have to travel to a televison station, sending Monica Hughes the message "Steelport becomes a city-state and Pierce is chosen by the Protagonist to be the new mayor".

Edited by Royalty

I couldn't find anything regarding decision making missions when I was looking for tips while I was doing my first playthrough on my first account. But if it does I'm sorry! Since I couldn't find one I just thought I should submit one my self here for those who needs help.

The only decision making questions that didn't make me go google were the Three Way, Http;//deckers.die and the Belgian problem. I didn't find the other decision making ones that informative.. this is so frustrating though. You know what if you think I did something wrong by posting this thread report me! -__-

I must say sving Shaundi in the ending seems more like a real Saints Row 3 ending, because all of the hilarious stuff that happens in the game and absurd themes. IMO The Kill Killbane endings feels more like a Saints Row 1 / 2 ending as it's more serious and the Boss acts more like the way he did in previous Saints Row games while in The Third he seemed somewhat cheesy and more caring.

Edited by Kritikal Pwnage

Looks neat Royalty nice job! :)

This is basically what I did.

Blew up building.

Kept the hos.

Give Birk to shaundi (already had most of the city by this point so giving him to stag didn't really give me any benefits)

Weapons manufacturer > more interested in better weapons than a fly car.

Dump virus >> two homies for the price of one, plus it's burt reynolds

Spare Killbane >> it doesn't specify that the masks lets you kill people. I just figured you'd have it to wear as part of your wardrobe in which case that just seemed stupid to me.

Save Shaundi, Viola and Mayor >> Shaundi was my favorite character not to mention it seemed like the right thing to do being that loyalty should be at the top of the list in terms of running a gang)

The first time I played this mission I disarmed the bomb not realizing I only can pick one out of those 2 options. :D

I would never let Shaundi die anyways.

I must say sving Shaundi in the ending seems more like a real Saints Row 3 ending, because all of the hilarious stuff that happens in the game and absurd themes. IMO The Kill Killbane endings feels more like a Saints Row 1 / 2 ending as it's more serious and the Boss acts more like the way he did in previous Saints Row games while in The Third he seemed somewhat cheesy and more caring.

I guess i'm not the only one to notice that this boss a lot more easygoing than in SR2. But his lines are different depending on the voice you choose and even though I haven't fully played through as any other character, it kinda seemed like the personalities change depending on the voice.

I dunno if you can say that last choice has a correct ending. I think you're absolutely right. Save Shaundi is a lot more in line with SR3 - the Boss already went to save Shaundi once & brought 2 friends to helpout. And the get rid of Kilbane option would have fit in with SR1 and 2, where the Boss was pretty goddamn ruthless. I think the SR2 Revelation mission shows it perfectly - the Boss rejects what Julius was trying to say and replies all they care about is rising to the top. When Julius calls the Boss a sociopath, I was thinking the same thing.

It almost seems like the Boss is two characters. One is the friendly Boss who's hanging out with the crew, having fun, defending their own, living at large. And the other is the sociopathic Boss who simply want power and the control, enjoys killing rivals, he isn't particularly attached to friends & knows how to hold a grudge! And the two endings really show that split - one is all about friends, fun, and fame, while the other is about power and revenge, no matter what the costs are!

I think it reflects a major split in the development of the game. On one hand, Saints Row is supposed to be about street thugs, pro killers witout consciences. On the other hand, it's also supposed to be about fun, means the Boss has to be somewhat likable. So sometimes, the Boss is a coldblooded thugster. Other times, the Boss seems like a decent person to hang with.

And it's weird, because there's criticism of both sides in the game itself. GatT talks about how they traded in d*cks for **** - there's a theme about the Saints selling out and not being real bangers anymore. But then you get stuff like Revelation, where Julius says the Saints are nothing better than Vice Kings in purple. I wonder how Volition will address this schizophrenic personality the Boss has in the future. Although, maybe they won't address it at all - they've avoided doing it so far.

Then again, they're gonna have to explain in the fourth release how the third ended and that by itself might answer the question.

I disarmed the bomb, decided to keep the hos, chose the guns discount just like the OP said because what i also think the weapons are more expensive and i dont customize too many vehicles except the one I use the most. I mean even after the end of the game and when i get there i will have a lot of money... Satchel charges and Specter , get burt and swat assistance and got the apocafists. :)

Three Way

• Head To The Airport
    • Kill Killbane but Shaundi will die

[*]Go To The Statue

• Save Shaundi but Killbane will escape

I decided to save Shaundi. Let Killbane live with humiliation.

If you decide to save Shaundi and Viola, they will travel to the Steelport Monument where the two are being held. After disabling the bomb and fighting through waves of STAG and Luchadores, you will finally reach Kia, the one that holds Shaundi as a human shield. The player kills Kia and saves Shaundi and Viola. Senator Hughes congratulates the Saints, as heroes. The Saints rule Steelport, despite Killbane getting away.
A few months later the Saints have traced him.. to Mars. While fighting their way through the Luchadores, Shaundi, Pierce and Gat all die during the attack. You will then find Killbane and kill him by blowing up nearby Martian Lava Crystals. It's revealed that the whole mission was the end of the 'Gangstas in Space Movie'.

If your decition is to kill Killbane; Shaundi and Viola will be killed by the explosion. As the Senator believes in the rumor that the Third Street Saints bombed a national monument. She approves Cyrus Temple's request to order the Daedalus, a hovering STAG base which holds hundreds of STAG soldiers. The Daedalus begins launching bombs through out the city inturrupting a party honoring Shaundi and Gat. You'll have to traveI aboard the base killing Cyrus Temple and blow it up. You, along with the remaining Saints will have to travel to a televison station, sending Monica Hughes the message "Steelport becomes a city-state and Pierce is chosen by the Protagonist to be the new mayor".

[/indent]

and yep in the end i saved Shaundi and i really like the music Holding out for a hero!!! It really fits in there. :)

• 8 months later...

Reward: Apoca-Fist weapon

If you decided to spare Killbane because of the weapon,
remember that you can still buy that weapon for $100,000 from Friendly Fire
. However if you choose to unmask Killbane, it will bring him the utter humiliation. But remember that the mask can also be acquired by downloading the characters as well.

That is not a 100% correct. Only if you have/bought the Unlockable Pack DLC (160SMP) you get access to it, otherwise it won't appear in any store at all if you choose to unmask Killbane.

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Apoca-Fist

• 9 months later...