Heart Of Reich

Tripper

Basically....shoot who you can and try to move up the left side before they all respawn (I believe its infinite). When you push, your team pushes and the enemy will all fall back and less will respawn. Take out the gun on the left, and then push forward more towards the gun on the right. After that get into the building on the right and get the sniper on the top floor and push up the stairs taking out as many as possible. Pay special attention to the rocketers in the windows and take those out as fast as possible.

Basically, as you move forward, there will be less enemies. Then you have to do all this and dodge thousands of grenades. Its kind of luck....just keep dodging and taking cover, and try to push whenever possible.

There's loads of videos on youtube. After the destroyed tank, use the various pieces of cover to get to the room in the middle of the map with a hole in the back of it. You need to kill the guys on the other side of that hole then sprint to the flak gun on the right. Once that's destroyed all enemy spawns in the area are stopped. Then just take out the left one and you get your checkpoint.

Ok last level on veteran theres four flak guns I got the first two and I cant even move to the next two. Please a deatailed response would be great or a vid on how to get past the hardest part of the game.

Another tactic which is one I used was to use the rocket launcher on them. On the middle structure right in the middle of the 4 flak guns leaning on the left hand side is a rocket launcher which knocks them out. The biggest problems is getting the check pt...but once you get it its pretty routine from there....dodge nade spamming....advance...dodge nade spammi.....etc

Good Luck. I would say have fun but fun gets thrown out the window by this point.

I've been at this scenario for about as long as the entire veteran campaign has taken me, one of the most laughable glitches in the game is the same German bunker in the middle of the courtyard 15% of the time will have a Nazi spring out and try to stop you, in which case he isn’t overly complicated to kill, but say once you have advanced far enough were all the Soviet soldiers have converged on the left last flak cannon if you trek back through the bunker to safely miss the fire that Nazi will again pop up but this time behind you, I really enjoy this game but the development during this level is atrocious, I agree that you should create a game where the highest level of difficulty does require some skill and luck, but this is borderline lunacy and Treyarch should be ashamed for their lack of fore seeing this impassable situations because of their own battle engine they created.

The way I did it finally after about an hour was to stay outside killing germans for awhile until they're somewhat clear. Then I ran into the little building ahead of you (the one with the Flak 88 right outside the doorway). You can then pick off all the germans there on the gun, and since you are in the building the game counts as you moving foward so you're team rushes and kills most of the germans. Then after your teams is just about right on top of you on the compass thing, go back outside the way you came in, but turn around and kill the german that spawns there. Go up the stairs and kill the crew on the Flak 88, and most of the people till you think it's clear. Rush the 88, plant a charge and run like hell BACK towards the stairs. Then your team will go further again, and go back through the building, kill the guy AGAIN cause he keeps spawning there, and work your way towards the gun. Good luck with the rest of the level, and this isn't a foolproof way of doing it, it's just how I did it and I got lucky probably so good luck.

Hopefully this makes sense but heres my dilemma on Heart of the Reich.

I got the first two Flaks easy and I mean really easy. Basically I ran down and jumped up on the little ledge on the right side to trigger the allies advance. Then I ran to the tank and grabbed the shrek. Shot the left hand Flak and boom 1 flak down. Then I just cleared out the Nazi bastards around the right hand Flak and set the charge boom checkpoint.

Now here's my problem. I really didn't do any clearing of the left side, so there's tons of guys there.

Now every time I start from my checkpoint, I need to Rambo to the first flak again in order to trigger the tank to move forward. This makes it so much harder since this takes a fair amount of luck to pull off.

Now I'm wondering if I should start over and just Rambo the Flak BEFORE the check point. That way, the tank is already triggered and I have a free shrek to use on Flak 3.

What do you think? Os there a flaw in my logic? When exactly does the infinite spawn on the left side end? Definitely not after 2 Flaks down I know that for sure.

I got the first two Flaks easy and I mean really easy. Basically I ran down and jumped up on the little ledge on the right side to trigger the allies advance. Then I ran to the tank and grabbed the shrek. Shot the left hand Flak and boom 1 flak down. Then I just cleared out the Nazi bastards around the right hand Flak and set the charge boom checkpoint.

Now here's my problem. I really didn't do any clearing of the left side, so there's tons of guys there.

Now every time I start from my checkpoint, I need to Rambo to the first flak again in order to trigger the tank to move forward. This makes it so much harder since this takes a fair amount of luck to pull off.

Now I'm wondering if I should start over and just Rambo the Flak BEFORE the check point. That way, the tank is already triggered and I have a free shrek to use on Flak 3.

What do you think? Os there a flaw in my logic? When exactly does the infinite spawn on the left side end? Definitely not after 2 Flaks down I know that for sure.

I've read that the infinite spawn on the left side only ends once you make it to the barricade on the left wall, but I only think it does when your team moves up, and that only happens when you make it past the room in the middle.

For me the infinite spawning ended after you go on the stairs on your left. It also ended for me when I went in the building right next to the staircase.

Hmmm so I really do need to make it to that middle room to stop the infinite spawn then..

How about the tank moving forward? (the one that blows up right away) Think that's important at all?

If you can make it across the open space to the wrecked car, then up to the crates on the far right, the tank moves up then dies. You can then move back round to the left, using the tank as cover, and move up the left hand side into the building.

That makes it sound easy, I've ommitted the hundreds of thousands of respawning, infinite-nade-throwing, crackshot Nazis.

The tank explodes no matter what so don't worry about that...But I'm not saying the way I did it was the best way it's just the way I did it and it took me forever to figure it out and even longer to finally do it so...Good luck dude and don't give up you'll get it sooner or later!

I got it last night! It came relatively easily after changing up my game plan.

I can confirm that the tank will NOT move up unless you hit the trigger point. I tested this by running around out of grenade range and sniping Germans for a few minutes. No tank move.

I Rambo to the flak cannon on the left and the tank moves up instantly.

So my strategy became figuring out the best, most consistent way to Rambo the flak cannon. I had been trying a head on approach and fighting the germans from the left side of the first tank. Whenever grenades were thrown at me, I'd run backwards towards the steps. I realized this was a self-defeating tactic since I wasn't killing anyone while running away and the Germans would respawn by then. I was only successful every 6th or seventh attempt this way and generally only because of luck.

So I changed it up by sticking to the tank and running between the left and right sides of it whenever nades were headed my way. This accomplished two things:

1) I was constantly attacking

2) I was flanking them on the right side, so one spray of bullets killed multiple enemies.

Once I cleared enough Nazis (making special care to kill the guys near the flak cannon) I would toss a nade or two into the middle (to distract them) and then Rambo to the flak cannon. Tank moves up, allies move up and hundreds of nades fall at my feet. At this point I fall back and regroup. This tactic worked much better. Maybe 4 out of 5 times.

Once I had perfected this part and gotten the tank to move up without dying myself, it might have been my imagination but it felt like the infinite spawn had either stopped or severely slowed. I was able to take my time and clear guys out almost at leisure. The 3rd and 4th cannons went down real easy afterwards.

So hopefully this helps someone who's stuck. I had completely hit the wall at one point and thought it was impossible, but a simple change in approach made it way easier.

Veteran playthrough complete! Woo!

Edited by migston26

• 3 months later...

Can any kind soul offer me some advice on the 88's please? I'm tearing my hear out trying to get the 2nd flak gun with the shrek. I can get the 1st one easy enough with the charge but no joy getting my checkpoint.

Tried all sorts of aiming techniques and even watched a vid of someone doing it and tried to copy his technique but just can't get it right :( I've managed to plant the satchel on it a few times but always died before I got the checkpoint.

Specifically if anyone can give me some pointers on any of the following it would be most appreciated:

Where exactly to aim? (I use the big 'hole' sight on the shrek to aim)

Does crouch / prone help at all?

Do the whole crew need to be dead first and, if so, how many are there on the crew?

Does it matter which I do first, left or right, to make it easier?

Thanks in advance for any tips ;)

• 2 weeks later...

oh i feel ya man, been stuck on the two first AAguns for about 2 days now?

i know what to do, and i have done it moderately with a fashion of success to the extent in which i plant the satchel, but end up dying.

can you really destroy the 2nd AA gun with the panzer strike :S?

if so that would really help me advance as more then certainly it eliminates one area for them to take cover.

oh i feel ya man, been stuck on the two first AAguns for about 2 days now?

i know what to do, and i have done it moderately with a fashion of success to the extent in which i plant the satchel, but end up dying.

can you really destroy the 2nd AA gun with the panzer strike :S?

if so that would really help me advance as more then certainly it eliminates one area for them to take cover.

The area between the 'dead' tank in the middle of the plaza and a line of crates adjoining the right hand 88 becomes really important and will give you some safety. If you pick off the Nazis in this area and then use the panzer strike you should be OK.

The problem is the next two 88's!!

I actually never managed to get the 2nd 88 with the Shrek but in the end got it by a mad dash to the cover just by it, a lie down for a quick prayer to the God of grenade spam, then a mad dash to set the charge and find cover.

One advantage that gave me was 2 Shrek attempts for the far right 88 and the left one seemed pretty easy once your guys had moved up.