I give up!!!

I have tried at least a 100 times to get past the last part, fighting the guards and Kip, and I can't. If if beat them up, I don't have enought time to drag the fireworks over to the right place. If I have enough time to drag the fireworks over I can't get the spun in the right direction. I give up......

I felt exactly the same way, I thought I would never get that last mission finished. But I did it on like the 5th try!

The only thing causing me trouble was defeating the guards in time. I never actually got used to the combat controls properly until this last mission.

The best way to defeat the security guards is to use the X button to guard and as soon as they hit, quickly press X again and Larry will slap them. Quickly press X again to guard, then wait for him to hit again, then press X to counter. Keep doing this until the cops go down. If both cops surround you at the same time, press X and A together until Larry does some weird mid air roundhouse kick that knocks them flying. Run over to them and smack the attack button as often as you can. Rinse and repeat.

I cannot stress enough, the X button method really is your friend here. I did it with plenty of time to spare after getting used to using it properly. It's all in the timing and its really the fastest way of clearing these guys out.

Use the same X button attack with Kip as well. He was a damn pushover compared to the Guards IMO.

The fireworks are easy peasy, really. Just look for the longest firework sticking out and line it up. That was the giveaway for me, hopefully it will help you too. Just defeat the guards and kip as quick as you can with atleast 40 secs to a minute left on the clock and you'll do it :)

Edited by UntouchedGrant

Once I figured out the timing for the AAA combo it became much easier. Focus on one at a time, use the X+A to knock them down and get your licks in. If you can, try to attack near their heads. If you're lucky, you'll kick them in the head which causes more damage.

You only have to do it twice. The final time you move the fireworks before fighting, so you get to take your time.

• 1 year later...

I have got many trouble with the use of the hook in the crane.

The controls in this part are not very good. The hook is always in the right position, but you can't get the crate.And the time limit is so short. That's not fair. There was not supposed to have a time limit here.

Any help is appreciated