Need advice from tall people

Bofur

I'm having trouble having the sensor pick up anything I do that involves my reaching my hands up. Every time I do, it cuts my hands out of the sensor and doesn't read me, and it's getting extremely frustrating.

I'm on Funky Town on medium and it won't read hardly any of the moves because they involve high arm movements (Disco, Funky, Latina, etc.) and I can't five star the song because it won't read my arms. If I back up far enough to read my arms, it doesn't read the rest of my body because I'm too far away.

How do you guys set up your Kinect's, and have you had this problem? If so, how did you remedy it?

(On a side note, I can't get it to read "Smush" from Evacuate the Dance Floor either, which is pissing me off, especially after trying it over 25 minutes in Break it down)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I mounted it on top of my TV and it has no problem reading my arms up (and I'm 6'4)

i'm 6'3 and have mine mounted too. With your height it's worth the $30, as I can attest to how well it works. In fact, I can be closer to my TV than at my brother-in-law's house - his Kinect is not mounted.

• 3 weeks later...