About that level cap increase...

Would you want to? I wouldn't. Half the fun of playing this game is getting XP and loot. If they make you auto level up in the expansion then you lose a big part of what it's about.

I strongly doubt they'll do that although I can see your point about the XP. It keeps counting higher and higher so....

If they raise the level cap to level 75 or 100 for example, will you automatically level up to whatever level all that XP that you earned after hitting level 50?

I've played this a lot and gained a lot of XP after hitting level 50.

I don't see how, I mean the experience don't keep tract after you reach the maximum experience point.

I don't see how, I mean the experience don't keep tract after you reach the maximum experience point.

I'm pretty I have read your response correctly, if not I apologize. After you obtain level 50 the experience meter may stop going up, but you can still gain experience. With 11.3 million experience I believe that the game itself will not have a realistic maximum experience points, e.g. billions of XP.

Btw for those who want to know, in order to calculate the experience they need for levels in borderlands the formula is: 60((X^2.8)-1) so for level 50 its 60((50 to the power of 2.8)-1) = 3,429,728 xp

I'm pretty I have read your response correctly, if not I apologize. After you obtain level 50 the experience meter may stop going up, but you can still gain experience. With 11.3 million experience I believe that the game itself will not have a realistic maximum experience points, e.g. billions of XP.

Btw for those who want to know, in order to calculate the experience they need for levels in borderlands the formula is: 60((X^2.8)-1) so for level 50 its 60((50 to the power of 2.8)-1) = 3,429,728 xp

WOW. that made no sense and tbh I want to earn the XP again, and 2K will blatantly make you do so because it keeps you playing their game longer.

So if I currently have 87 million XP (yeah I played Erideon Promontory a lot), how will they adjust my XP so I can level up. I hope it doesn't do it automatically up to whatever level that equals. I love playing.

it probably wont even count. But if t does im guessing that 2K might, like do a 50% split of XP earned or something I dont know tbh.

The cap will most likely be 70 as my fucking around with WillowTree seems to point to.

If this DLC is actually good for once, I might get the game again.

Fun Facts:

-The actual game is a little over 3GB, which is about half as a normal game.

-Zombie Island is a third of the size of the actual game.

If this is the biggest DLC then I wouldn't doubt it would be near 2GB.

if you look at fallout 3 they didnt give you the exp after the level cap increase so i doubt these will

True, but don't forget that in Fallout 3 you stopped earning exp points once you hit level 20 (then at level 30 after dlc).

In Borderlands I'm at well over 7 million exp points right now (and by visiting this forum, I know that I'm on the low end compared to many players.) Personally, I'd like to see all those points count toward something, but just MHO, and I doubt that it will actually happen.

Edited by Bullseye281

Cant wait for this dlc... cant be any worse than last 1!!! No xp? i mean i wa already lvl 50 twice over before foirst dlc but had to restart due to chevos glitching n some dodgy guy given me some modded guns, which by the way too many ppl use n u just spoils the game for ur sent, thats y i keep clear but hey thats just my opinion :) . CANT WAIT!!!

True, but don't forget that in Fallout 3 you stopped earning exp points once you hit level 20 (then at level 30 after dlc).

i am only just lvl 49 so this wont matter to me unless i get loads of exp in mad moxiis but i think there is probably going to be something about the lvl caps that people wont like.

And for level 61 it's 5,985,087 xp; and I'm sure that nearly all of the level 50's have way more than that, but only because of the arch guardians/BA guardians and their overrated xp gains with a hunter's trespass skill :p.

EDIT: Missed the .5 that rounds up the count by 1

Edited by Speeder132

I think some if not all of your exp will count to the next levels. I noticed when i played some more borderlands today after getting an update for it, that the exp bar on my hud shot right up near the end.

Now i've played a bit of it after getting to level 50 and got quite alot of exp, but i noticed that the exp bar really didnt move much at all.

If that is the case it seems like some people will reach the next cap as soon as they download the new dlc!

But a awhole bunch of skill points in a flash cant be that bad right?