Import Or Not?

Evo Kazz

Just about to start ME2, saw you can max achievements in a single play if you import a level 60 from ME1, is this a good thing to do? Or would it make the game harder?

Getting mixed messages from forum, some say import makes it easier, some say do a Normal run first with imported character before insanity? Suggestions?

Whatever the hell you want. Honestly, insanity isn't very challenging. In fact the harder the better if you ask me. I imported a couple of level 60's and did insanity straight away. I suppose it depends on whether or not you mind doing another playthrough if you were to start on normal. Which is awfully easy mind you. So all in all, this post of mine wasn't very helpful :p

Import makes it easier at the beginning, but the advantages slow down later in the game. It starts you at a higher level and gives you some resources. The exact amounts depends on the level character you import. Level 60 starts you at level 5 with 10000 of each resource and 50000 credits. An additional 100000 credits if you have the Rich achievement.

I would recommend starting a low levels at least partial playthrough because I felt that the second game required a different play style than what I used in the first. This is especially evident if you were a vanguard in the first.

• 1 year later...

You get some benefits from importing your savefile:

• A portion of the character's Paragon/Renegade points (up to 190 each, which requires the bar(s) to be 50% full[1]) are transferred over.
  • Importing a level 1 through level 49 character will grant 1,000 XP (the player starts at level 2), 20,000 credits, and 2,500 of each resource.
  • Importing a level 50 through level 59 character will grant 2,000 XP (the player starts at level 3), 30,000 credits, and 5,000 of each resource.
  • Importing a level 60 character will grant 4,000 XP (the player starts at level 5), 50,000 credits, and 10,000 of each resource.
  • Having the "Rich" achievement from Mass Effect will grant an additional 100,000 credits.
  • The import bonuses will stack with the Mass Effect 2 completion starting bonuses (200,000 credits and 50,000 of each resource).

Source (beware of spoilers):

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Save_File_Transfer

It is also easier to achieve the highest level. Although you will need to play the game multiple times or buy the DLC to do it.