Level Up Glitch

BenWo

Hey all just wanted to share this level up glitch I found on Skyrim.

Here is a video of the method.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM-A7my2-sw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Skyrim - Level Up Glitch - YouTube[/ame]

Go to the village named "Riverwood" and there you'll find a house called "Alvor & Sigrid's House" in there is a man named "Hadvar"

Rest until it is after 8am so that Alvor leaves the house, Sigrid and the young girl should remain downstairs and Hadvar will be upstairs. (If he's mot just wait and he will come upstairs)

Now save before the next part in case something goes wrong.

Equip your strongest sword or weapon that you want improved skill for and sneak behind him until he can't see you.

Do a heavy strike and he will stumble to the floor and when he gets up will have no knowledge that you hit him. He also never dies so it can be done indefinately.

Rinse and repeat this method to level up as much as desired and this will also max out your Sneak skill and whatever weapon you are using E.G. "Two Handed"

Enjoy!

Edit - DOES NOT WORK WITH SOME SPELLS

Edit - Hadvar will only be there if you followed him out of Helgen. (Credit to Slane)

Edited by BenWo

As I put in the description...

The house is called "Alvor and Sigrids House"

And in your description you state upstairs. There is no upstairs in that house. It's a single story house.

The only building in all of Riverwood with two stories is the Trader building. So again, which building are you referring to?

It has a basement, not an upstairs.

And "Hadvar" only there if you followed him out of Helgen. If you followed Ralof he won't be there (I'm confirming). No idea if you can do this on Ralof.

Edited by Slane

Hadvar is actually the soldier at the beginning who calls you forward and asks who you are. It could be that he is unkillable because he has to be for that opening quest, when you have the option to follow him (which I did). If he isn't there, and you followed the Stormcloak guy, maybe he got stuck somewhere?

ETA: Whoops, didn't see where you confirmed where he isn't there if you didn't follow him.

And, oh yeah- "That will teach you not to stand up to your Captain when she tries to execute innocent bystanders, you prick!!"

Edited by Paka

Hmm my bad, i was thinking of Horvold? Something like that anyway. Far to many names are similar yet not in this game i keep mixing things up lol

You're right, it is just the same guy. He does seem very hesitant about you being executed, he is just too weak or too much a soldier to stand up to the bitch captain. But once the shit hits the fan, he is fine with setting you free. The surprise for me is that he doesn't seem to be a marriage candidate, since he seems to really take to your character.

Thanks. i spent all morning and afternoon sneaking behind and hitting the poor man using the one hand blade and leveling up quicker, i was at level 7 and now i'm at 20, i unlocked some Achievements.

EDIT: My sneak skill is now 100 max, any more glitches i can try and get to level 50? i'm currently at level 20, i want to level up to 50 fast again.

Edited by TomahawkBrian