Unlimited Loot Glitch (Easiest way)

iTz WaffleS v2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I thought this thread was entitled Easiest Way?

I know it has been linked before there is an easy way in which you don't need some online partner to hold your hand and you always get loot at your level, USB switching!

All you need is a USB stick and at least 1 gold key, if you ain't got a gold key then, sign up to twitter and 'follow' @gearbox or observed new posts on http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5313254#post5313254

1. Save game on HardDrive in Sanctuary and Quit.

2. Goto Dashboard and 'move' your gamer profile onto the USB stick.

3. Sign back into it and unplug from Xbox Live (not sure it's need, but coming off/online constantly may p1ss your friends list off!)

4. Load game and load save file from HD.

5. When you appear in Sanctuary unplug USB drive containing Gamerprofile and ignore on screen message.

6. Walk 10 steps and open Gold Chest, yes the key disappears but it is saved to your gamer profile - on USB flash (at the moment!) not the save file - on HD.

7. Quit and save (yes to HD).

8. Press B to goto front end menu, press the guide button on controller and X to sign out.

9. Once signed out, plug the USB back in and sign in.

10. Load game and repeat noticing you still have all your keys! Simply and probably quicker than reading this reply!

The short version (once profile is on USB and game is loaded):

Unplug USB, get stuff, save and quit, quit to front end, sign out, plug USB in, sign in, load game, unplug USB, get stuff.....

No move bothering people online risking that glitches work,you get all the stuff at you level (>7) and you can go head and lose the buzz of finding good stuff randomly). Once done you can put your profile back on HD, method tried and tested and still worked yesterday.

Well i just put my gold key where my mouth is and re-tested it, first with a sub profile and then numerous times with my Gold Account and it worked fine! i don't know which step you missed, did you sign out of the profile after saving cause that forces the game into the front end menu ( the one you have to press start, not the one after where you select continue from)? Did you remove the flash drive before opening the chest?

I know it has been linked before there is an easy way in which you don't need some online partner to hold your hand and you always get loot at your level, USB switching!

All you need is a USB stick and at least 1 gold key, if you ain't got a gold key then, sign up to twitter and 'follow' @gearbox or observed new posts on http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5313254#post5313254

3. Sign back into it and unplug from Xbox Live (not sure it's need, but coming off/online constantly may p1ss your friends list off!)

5. When you appear in Sanctuary unplug USB drive containing Gamerprofile and ignore on screen message.

6. Walk 10 steps and open Gold Chest, yes the key disappears but it is saved to your gamer profile - on USB flash (at the moment!) not the save file - on HD.

8. Press B to goto front end menu, press the guide button on controller and X to sign out.

10. Load game and repeat noticing you still have all your keys! Simply and probably quicker than reading this reply!

Unplug USB, get stuff, save and quit, quit to front end, sign out, plug USB in, sign in, load game, unplug USB, get stuff.....

No move bothering people online risking that glitches work,you get all the stuff at you level (>7) and you can go head and lose the buzz of finding good stuff randomly). Once done you can put your profile back on HD, method tried and tested and still worked yesterday.

This is the long stupid unnecessary way. GTFO idiot.

I dont know why u guys still try this. The game is awesome and doesnt need any kind of boost imo. Im at the end of TVHM with a LV 49 siren and im still enjoying the game! I love to open the 'special' chests and hope for the best lucky to get a rare weapon. Looting sanctuary chest gets rid of this type of 'fun'. But Thats just my opinion. :p

@Waffles: it may be long and a little stupidly complicated, but your way no longer works so anything would be nice.

This is true friend, but I feel if anything, that method should of been the one to be patched, rather than the one I found, seeing as mine uses the keys, and the other way doesn't.

But thats just 2k Games being morons xD :D

This method works great! Best way to get into the chest (an unlimited amount) if you are alone! Thank you!

Edited by nafnoid
added unlimited

Just tried this a little bit ago and it looks like this isn't working after the 10/14 patch that added the compatibility pack. Anyone know of a method that still works after that patch?

You seriously didn't read a single post on this page before asking that, did you?

Look..two..posts..above..yours.

Edited by ColdSpider72

You seriously didn't read a single post on this page before asking that, did you?

Look..two..posts..above..yours.

Since the post 2 above min was posted on 10/12 and the patch came out 10/14 (if I have the date of the patch wrong then I apologize, but that's when it first showed up on my system) I didn't know if there was confirmation that his method worked after that update.

Also, I read every post in this thread before posting, I'll admit I didn't check the date of the patch release but that is why I included the date I got it in my original post so that someone could correct me if I was wrong.

*Edit - So, I'm not sure how I missed it by so much, but I had the patch date all wrong. I apologize for not doing that research before posting.

Edited by L8u8k8e8

Can confirm this DEFINITELY still works today.

Yes plz ruin the golden chest so that Gearbox turns the loot we get from it into that from the Cara-Van.

Gearbox has been aware of this issue since just after release day. Nothing anyone said in this one little thread that isn't even on their own forum had anything to do with it getting patched, and they aren't going to ever nerf it's contents.

Me and a friend noticed this by pure coincidence at lvl 28 or so. Got some decent weapons out of it. It doesn't work anymore though. We tried a couple of days ago when we had hit 50.

It's easy enough to farm bosses with the bee shield anyway, so it doesn't matter that much anymore.