Crate Drops glitchy

Ehrenfried

Ony many occasion during freemode play,

when the green circle appears where a crate will be dropped

there will be no crate.

We've waited at thr circle 30 min. but nope nothing.

Is there any way i can caused the glitch maybe by too early there?

I mean it's not happening everytime, like 4/10 times

but it's damn annoying.

And i got a feeling that the crates are different.

I always had a red smoke and a red light, but one time i had

white smoke and white light only, but nothing spectacular in it.

Anyone here with the same problem?

Or a solution?

I don't remember encountering an issue like this. However, I normally arrive at the drop site after the crate actually dropped. Yesterday, I flew by a green crate circle where a guy was waiting for the crate. He seemed to be waiting there for quite awhile. Maybe he experienced the same problem as you. Perhaps, this is a recent issue introduced by the latest update?

I've collected close to 50 crates and never once witnessed white smoke (or so I believe).

Note that the vast majority of my crate collection was done before the 1.04 patch.

do crates drop in inv only? i played with a friend for about 2 hours and not one crate dropped.

Yea I get them In invite only mode. Usually 3 an hour but not always.collected 30 in total but Never had a special crate drop yet though.

Mine started today, I got the message when I was on the opposite side of the map. I 'purple lined' it and drove all the way ther and when I got there the icon disappeared and I couldn't find any crate or green circle or anything. I was playing inivte only but I was the only one in the game? I am supposed to wait did it screw me over?

Mine started today, I got the message when I was on the opposite side of the map. I 'purple lined' it and drove all the way ther and when I got there the icon disappeared and I couldn't find any crate or green circle or anything. I was playing inivte only but I was the only one in the game? I am supposed to wait did it screw me over?

If its left to long a gang will come and take it. Bit like in the single player with the trevor airport missions. Usually says though "a gang has collected the crate" or something like that, i've only seen it twice. Maybe because you were on your own it didnt say that.

They have only ever dropped for me right after, or within a few minutes of, doing a mission for them. Problem is they are only texting me the stupid 'rob a fuel tanker ones' (same with Gerald). How the frig do you rob such a slow big piece of cr@p and still get away from bikers and cops?

Buy a boat, plane or tank and Pegasus will unlock. $16000 for a sea shark I believe

Cool, it was something I couldn't figure out. If you bought a plane, copter or sea craft then where was it stored as you can only buy houses with garages. So I guess Pegasus is just a delivery service for said crafts?

Same here, level 51 now and still not getting crate drops :(

Heard someone say you have to do the "Steal a Lost van" mission for Trevor and they will call/text you when they drop from then on ........ I had already done this mission solo but thought I'd call Ron anyway, he gave me that mission again.

So I completed it and then waited an hour or so, wasn't doing anything so I called Ron again thinking it might be a different one of his you need to do but he gave me the same mission again, I did it again anyway, waited 5 mins and called him back, same mission again .... didn't do it the third time

Don't know if anyone else has heard of this being the trigger (I can't remember where I read it myself) but has anyone else experienced this and do you think it could be the reason the crate drops aren't spawning as the game thinks I haven't done this mission yet?

I'm getting $2000 each time so I assume from the update that reduced $ is given from missions the game knows I've completed it already otherwise it would give more

This might be a total red-herring but will see what others say

Heard someone say you have to do the "Steal a Lost van" mission for Trevor and they will call/text you when they drop from then on ........ I had already done this mission solo but thought I'd call Ron anyway, he gave me that mission again.

I did that one for the 'bring any stolen goods and I may be interested' text. Later I did the pinch drugs from Lost near a pier and finally got the package from a jet skier but cause of that I had no decent vehicle when I finally got to chase the package and missed it.

Thing is I can only get to play in 5 hours blocks and the chance of doing so without losing connection is rare and usually get about 1 hours a time but maybe location being near his trailer and length of playtime is a factor? There could be a set time between phone calls to keep you playing events and missions and Ron is in a rotation along with the other mission givers.