unicorn question...

forty1down

I'm pretty sure it has to be tied to Chupacabra and the Undead Hunter challenge, perhaps because it spawns in the same area as Chupacabra. I can confirm that you don't need to do all the challenges anyway, only one I had completed was Undead Hunter, I had however, completed the main storyline and gotten all four of the horses of the apocalypse (got death through finishing the main storyline).

I have been riding around for ages in the Unicorn zone...only thing I need to do!

I assume it's just luck when it appears because the Pestilence horse took ages to turn up too!

Edit: I had been an idiot...I assumed that the horses challenge rank 5 was to capture the Unicorn...I'll learn to check next time.

Level 5 is to kill all types of zombie with Death...the minute I killed a Retcher, (quite by chance, I still didn't know the requirements till afterwards!), the Unicorn appeared. If only I'd have checked on the requirements, I would have had this hours ago!

Edited by Legohead 1977
My own stupidity!

do you need to break all 4 horses of the apocalypse before the unicorn will spawn? i ask because ive been looking in the suggested area for awhile now just riding back and forth and nothing... also, incase anyone asks, ive already killed the chupacabra.

thanks guys!

Yes, at least for me that's when it showed up

I wasn't able to find the Unicorn until I had finished the main story and all associated Journal Challenges, but others have had different situations. Just keep progressing and checking on its location, eventually you will find it.

So what if you have Death and your only at Rank 4? I only need 1 more horse and the unicorn but if i give up death now how can I get to rank 5?

you get the deed to Death so you can get him back after getting the 4 hourses. Then after you get the final challenge you get the deeds to all of the horses so you can use them whenever you want which is nice for certain challenges.

After traveling around the Torquemado area for hours, I decided to give up on the Unicorn/Chupacabra search. So I made a waypoint to go and save my game and alas- the Chupacabra appeared on my map. So after I killed the beast and got my achievement, the Unicorn appeared directly in front of me.

My point is that the Unicorn appeared almost immediately after the Chupacabra was killed. So that might help some people.