SALE - Gun Sonata & Blood Symphony DLCs are 50% OFF

Maka

They are a part of the deal of the week, which means they are now 400MSP each. For those of you who held off because of the price, this week may be your week. It goes from Aug. 23-30.

There are also some other Deals this week. To view them go here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

(The link will take you to the current DotW).

I've been holding off on buying these, too because they seemed absurdly overpriced. Could anybody actually detail the content for me and whether or not you thought it was worth it? It sounds like it's just a few "echoes" (which were usually 5-6 minute action scenes ripped from the campaign) and a couple anarchy areas. As for Anarchy, I frequently end up on the same map when I try to join a game, so is there any way to make sure you get to play the new ones? Overall, I would just love to hear a few opinions about it.

I've been holding off on buying these, too because they seemed absurdly overpriced. Could anybody actually detail the content for me and whether or not you thought it was worth it? It sounds like it's just a few "echoes" (which were usually 5-6 minute action scenes ripped from the campaign) and a couple anarchy areas. As for Anarchy, I frequently end up on the same map when I try to join a game, so is there any way to make sure you get to play the new ones? Overall, I would just love to hear a few opinions about it.

The newest DLC, Blood Symphony, is definitely worth the price of 400 Microsoft Points. It has three new Anarchy maps that blow all the other regular maps out of the water. The achievements are relatively easy (although some of the Echo ones can be bothersome) and can all be obtained within a few hours.

If you're a completionist, though, purchase both of them. I made the mistake of buying them both at 800 Microsoft Points each because I never thought hey would be discounted; hence the amount of sales this game got (~4.5 million). Now's your chance if you're a completionist and want to get the DLC achievements out of the way.

Are they worth it in the general fun department? The achievements aren't necessarily the top priority, but if I do buy these, I will probably end up forcing myself to 100% it... level 65 and all. Anyway... Are the echoes fun and is it easy enough to find an anarchy game on the new maps?

Thanks for the input by the way, bro!

I went back this weekend playing Bulletstorm to clean up some achievements and realized that the DLC is still on sale through tomorrow..

I don't really do multiplayer but it seems that Anarchy can be done in a private match by yourself, considering this, are the DLC packs worth picking up to play by myself? Which would you recommend? Thanks.

Of course I found this thread the day after the sale ended. Oh well, the Bullestorm DLC isn't anything I'm particularly bothered about considering the multi player was about as unique or even remotely present in the games marketing as...I can't make any funny/cynical comparisons there. I thought the multi player was ok, but Bullestorm is the type of game that shouldn't make DLC off of new maps, Bulletstorms over bearing selling point was the campaign, the multi-player in my opinion was just an added perk that was ok at best, but it definitely shouldn't have been the target for new DLC. Granted I suppose with newer maps there's the appeal for new skillshots, which are fun but only for the first time you do them, and event then they'll only consists of kicking and whipping in this instance.

To be honest, I thought the multiplayer was unique and fun, when you can find a game with people actually willing to work together.

The problem with most multiplayer games is everyone tries to play it like Call of Duty, run out and get all the kills, etc etc. Bulletstorm actually makes you work together to get more points. I eventually stopped playing with most randoms because they didn't get that.

Luckily, a LOT of my friends got Bulletstorm, so I had plenty of people to play with. Now if I could just knock out that blasted Anarchy Master, i'd be done with the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I doubt these will be back up on DotW for a while. I missed it like you did and I am kinda kicking myself for that. While I really do not see myself actually getting to the point of needing these anytime soon, I'd still like to see these drop again. Let's just hope they feel the need to drop them soon. Bulletstorm is super fun, but I really wanna see these DLC and start jumping on these Cheevo's.

• 9 months later...