One with the Shadows problem

Ryuukishi

Delvin and Vex will not give me any jobs for Markarth. I've already completed five jobs and the special job for each of Whiterun, Solitude, and Windhelm, and in that time they haven't offered me a single Markarth job. Is there any way to fix this?

No fix, you just have to keep asking them. What I did was to save right before I asked for a job. If it wasn't in the city I wanted, I reloaded and asked again until they gave me one I needed.

What I did at this stage is ask for a job from one person and if they didn't give me the loaction I wanted, quit the job and ask for a new one. This can take a long time and occasionally I gave up and just took a job in a place I had already completed. Sometimes I'd end up with a Vex job in the area I wanted and a Delvin job in an area I'd completed.

It's just luck of the draw.

I've just been quitting the job and asking again if it's not Markarth. But I've literally asked Vex or Delvin 20 times in a row with no luck. The only thing that's worked so far is getting kicked out of the guild and asking immediately after paying to get back in.

Thanks. I've read those solutions several times already looking for answers (even commented in one). I contacted another commenter who described the same problem as I'm having to ask how he eventually got the achievement, and it turned out he had finally just started over with a new character. :eek:

Thanks. I've read those solutions several times already looking for answers (even commented in one). I contacted another commenter who described the same problem as I'm having to ask how he eventually got the achievement, and it turned out he had finally just started over with a new character. :eek:

I'd say just stick to what you're doing. It's a long, laborious sequence of tasks but eventually the achievement will pop and it will all be worth it.

I've just been quitting the job and asking again if it's not Markarth. But I've literally asked Vex or Delvin 20 times in a row with no luck.

That is exactly what I had to do and eventually it worked. I kept asking for jobs and then quitting them immediately until I got one in Markarth. It will work... it's just a matter of patience and resisting the urge to slaughter everyone at the Guild in a fit of rage. ;)