do you have a question about Destiny?

crimzontearz

The only important question:

Since this game is online-only, will it work on release day? Or will it be like Diablo III, SimCity, multiple MMOs, and GTA Online?

Follow up question:

If the game won't be guaranteed to work at 100% on release day ... why should I preorder it?

If you shop at Gamestop (which I think you've said you do) pre-order it, pick it up, enter your codes from your receipt to get your goodies and then return it. You can return it at a different Gamestop location if you're friendly with the staff at the one you frequent if you're worried about looking like a douche. Buy it later when it works and enjoy your pre-order bonuses. I think any game that is online only is better off avoided at release for me from now on. They never work right and then when you complain that they don't work everyone tells you that you're the asshole and makes excuses for developers. Might as well wait for the shit to be sorted ya know? I've never been a Halo fan but I have faith in Bungie's ability to get a game up and running quickly, I've always respected their dedication to the online portion of Halo.

The only important question:

Since this game is online-only, will it work on release day? Or will it be like Diablo III, SimCity, multiple MMOs, and GTA Online?

Follow up question:

If the game won't be guaranteed to work at 100% on release day ... why should I preorder it?

Diablo 3 worked on release, just not for everyone. Same with the other examples.

Funny, I asked my question and for some reason I was called a moron (question was "will I be able to make 100% sure I will meet no other players at all if I so choose")

Stay classy IGN

It is a rather dumb question to ask for an online required MMO style game. Not sure why you're surprised at that response.

Diablo 3 worked on release, just not for everyone. Same with the other examples.

It is a rather dumb question to ask for an online required MMO style game. Not sure why you're surprised at that response.

it is a dumb answer considering Bungie stated directly that they are trying to cater also to the people who want to experience the game solo, don't you think?

Or should I just assume that they are saying that to bullshit me into buying the game even tho I intensely dislike playing with other people?

it is a dumb answer considering Bungie stated directly that they are trying to cater also to the people who want to experience the game solo, don't you think?

Or should I just assume that they are saying that to bullshit me into buying the game even tho I intensely dislike playing with other people?

It's not really bullshit. You know enough to know that your experience in a game like this isn't going to be great if you play it solo. Probably better off skipping this game if that's the plan. There's enough information to suggest it's geared towards groups. You could go to the park and play baseball alone but it would suck, it's not terribly difficult to figure out the same probably applies to a game like Destiny. Don't like co-op/multiplayer? Don't buy games where 90% of the focus is on co-op and multiplayer.

It's not really bullshit. You know enough to know that your experience in a game like this isn't going to be great if you play it solo. Probably better off skipping this game if that's the plan. There's enough information to suggest it's geared towards groups. You could go to the park and play baseball alone but it would suck, it's not terribly difficult to figure out the same probably applies to a game like Destiny. Don't like co-op/multiplayer? Don't buy games where 90% of the focus is on co-op and multiplayer.
incorrect, bungie said you "can play the game solo" but you would have more fun playing with others

I HATE playing with others and I am fairly sure I would enjoy the game by myself and screw playing socially. Bungie can assume all they want that I would have more fun playing with others just like they could assume I would like my ice cream more with a chocolate dip...but I do not.

What I want to know is if I risk BUMPING into people against by will or if there just is an option to lock everyone out or whatever else they decided to use to deal with this

incorrect, bungie said you "can play the game solo" but you would have more fun playing with others

I HATE playing with others and I am fairly sure I would enjoy the game by myself and screw playing socially. Bungie can assume all they want that I would have more fun playing with others just like they could assume I would like my ice cream more with a chocolate dip...but I do not.

What I want to know is if I risk BUMPING into people against by will or if there just is an option to lock everyone out or whatever else they decided to use to deal with this

Whatever dude. You're missing the point, I don't care to try and make you understand any further. Have fun doing whatever you end up doing. Long story short is that Bungie's response to people playing solo is just a nice way of saying that you can but expect to be disappointed. They're not going to lose themselves sales by coming out and saying, this game is gonna fucking suck for you if you play it by yourself.

Edited by WalterWhite

Whatever dude. You're missing the point, I don't care to try and make you understand any further. Have fun doing whatever you end up doing.

I'll definitely buy the game if I find their answer pleasing be assured

Edit: so after your edit...great, Bungie is no better than every other money sucking company willing to lie to benefit their sales?

LOL waterver Walter, I'll happily play the game in my own on principle solely for the lore and the cinematic moments of playing solo MAYBE popping in a couple of shared big bosses events for the loot as ling as I can choose when, where and IF to participate. I am sure if bungie says you CAN play solo but you would enjoy the game more with others they mean THAT as opposed "yes it is gonna suck for you", my question is purely mechanical.

Here is the exact quote BTW

Do you think hardcore MMO players will find Destiny enjoyable? And what about open world RPG players who mainly like to play solo?

Video games matter to people for very different reasons. Players who come from expansive universes found in MMOs might enjoy exploring our worlds, assuming they can handle the fact that we’re filling them with the explosive threats and heart pounding action that we think makes games fun. RPG players will be able to invest pretty deeply in their character, assuming their aim is true enough to earn the rewards they’ll need to earn new loot, weapons, and gear.

As for playing solo, this question still comes to us a lot, and we’re happy to answer it again. The company you keep, the challenges you tackle, the war you wage will all be products of the choices you make. If you never want to have a cooperative or competitive experience in Destiny, and if you want to experience every cinematic in private, you’ll have the option. We believe you’ll be having way less fun, and we think you may find it really difficult to resist the pull of our cooperative vortex, but when we say we’re building activities for every mood, that includes players who don’t want to party up.

For me this game will be a skyrim meets halo game, I LOVE the idea as well as the art direction

All I want to know is how it works

Edited by crimzontearz

For me this game will be a skyrim meets halo game

Sooo Destiny to you is going to be a generic FPS crossed with a generic glitchy casual rpg? I'm glad I know ahead of time that it's not going to be anything like that because otherwise you'd have just killed any and all interest I had in the game.

PS, stop being so afraid and hateful towards multiplayer games...single player elitists are almost as bad as PC elitists.

Sooo Destiny to you is going to be a generic FPS crossed with a generic glitchy casual rpg? I'm glad I know ahead of time that it's not going to be anything like that because otherwise you'd have just killed any and all interest I had in the game.

PS, stop being so afraid and hateful towards multiplayer games...single player elitists are almost as bad as PC elitists.

I meant conceptually Gackt, Sci Fi shooter meets open world fantasy RPG.

Also, I do not hate MP/online games, I dislike playing with others. I have nothing against, say, a game like section 8 or people who enjoy mostly playing online with others

(unless of course online components are added to my favorite single player only games for no better reason than "just to be there" or "because EA said so" OR when a game with great narrative has a forced multiplayer component "just because we think you will enjoy it more that way" luckily this does not seem.to be the case here)

nothing is wrong with it, I just don't like it....at all.

Playing videogames for what I mainly play them (the immersion, the story, the lore) is an experience I prefer to have alone

What is wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with it, but if a game is primarily built around the focus of cooperative and multiplayer play...and the concept, story, combat, lore, etc, still interests you...why not just play with others?

I don't know. I don't check these forums often enough nor do I like getting into discussions that evolve into arguments so if I don't respond after today that's why ;)

There's nothing wrong with it, but if a game is primarily built around the focus of cooperative and multiplayer play...and the concept, story, combat, lore, etc, still interests you...why not just play with others?

I don't know. I don't check these forums often enough nor do I like getting into discussions that evolve into arguments so if I don't respond after today that's why ;)

You're beating your head against a wall with this guy dude.

because, if you read above, Bungie has engineered the game to be played solo if one wishes....and I do wish that

@ Walter, just shut it. I do not try to tell you how to play your games, the least you can do is extend me the same nicety.

because, if you read above, Bungie has engineered the game to be played solo if one wishes....and I do wish that

@ Walter, just shut it. I do not try to tell you how to play your games, the least you can do is extend me the same nicety.

Haha, stop it. I prefer single player experiences too dude, your just being a little finicky. Chill it.

I think it's a valid question if that's the experience you want, they have proposed it as a viable option and you are fully accepting of the shortcomings you will get from the experience, which you appear to be Crimzon.

But your question is pretty much answered in the quote you posted.

'If you never want to have a cooperative or competitive experience in Destiny, and if you want to experience every cinematic in private, you’ll have the option'

That seems like a pretty solid guarantee that if you don't want to bump into anyone then you won't. As for the mechanics of it, it's probably just a toggle in the menu like making yourself visible for online fights in beat em ups.

Personally I don't like to play with other people if direct communication is required, like I can enjoy jumping into a TDM on CoD without my mic on, but I have a wife and 2 kids and my xbox is in the living room. So there is constant noise and I can't give my full concentration to other players, I don't think it's fair really so I try to avoid it.