Official Bitching Thread

BLOMBOMB

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problems with this game are numerous. most of the problems lay in horrible poor game design, which is quite possibly the least user friendly game ever.

I swear this game punishes you for just about everything you do and makes mundane things in a game a damn chore.

the "loot" system is brutal, because like most things in the game its random. there is no risk/reward factor when deciding to take on a mob of zombies or start a fight with a ram etc, since if they drop anything, its totally random.

thats ok, but then you add in the fact that if you want to keep your good weapons, you will be repairing them every bloody 30 minutes and that can cost over $5000 depending on your weapons. so you basically have to kill all zombies sometimes & loot everything just to get the money to repair the weapons...that you damaged trying to get the money to repair. game 1, me 0

again the money thing, its very important, so what happens when you die, you LOSE money. again, the game is punishing you. yet again, the amount is totally random, sometimes $30 or $500. then you factor in that some deaths occur when you get mobbed trying to loot bodies or suitcases just to get money to keep your weapons and you have entered a horrible cycle of gain money-die-lose money-gain money-weapon damage-die-lose money etc etc.

trying to sell stuff to traders is a time consuming chore that again with better game design, could be simple. however, you can only sell one of an item at once and then the screen hops to some totally random part of your inventory/misc stuff, making look again for what you were selling in the first place. trying to sell 20 phones can take a long time, instead of the 10 seconds it would take in a better designed game.

the respawn system is, yet again, seemingly random, dropping you farther away from your goal than before, maybe AT your goal, or maybe in the pile of some zombies. you never know. almost every respawn is followed by...ok...where the f*** am I? then possibly just to screw you some more, your compass may lead on a totally pointless detour, or maybe it will switch the quest you were tracking.

dammit, there is just so many problems with this game, which could have been really good. I really enjoyed it at first, but after getting to act 2 & past level 20, the game became a tedious chore that punished me for doing everything, whether that is dying, using my weapon, following the map.

sidebar, did anyone else notice that when talking to the Russian pilot in act 1, that his voice completely changes at one point. He sounds like Steven Blum most of the time, then when you get the quest to get a phone, he has a different high pitched voice.

I was looking forward to playing this at my buddy's place yesterday only to find out there's no split-screen. What a terrible fucking oversight not to put a split-screen option in a goddamn co-op game. I know it's not the only co-op game not to have it, but it's always a disappointment to find out.

I don't find playing over Live with a mic nearly as enjoyable as actually sitting with a person and playing it. I enjoy competitive multiplayer on Live but co-op is way more enjoyable when you are actually hanging out with someone.

I was excited for this game, I am a massive zombie fan, and I have to admit, the first hour was a little strange, not dull, not boring, just...meh

I was a little disappointed with it all, my first session was 30mins, yesterday I played for 2 hours, it got a lot better, today, I went on for an hour, and spent 6 hours playing it, this really does get better as it goes along, I now love this game to bits, the 1000/1000 looks like it could take awhile, but who cares, this game is a great little gem, not as good as Dead Rising series, but a great alternative.

The frame rate dropping and bogging out are ridiculous, especially in a single player game. Connecting to other games is a royal pain. The freezing issues really need to get sorted out. Played for less than 2 hrs today, restared my xbox 4 times.

Plus, it makes a weird noise when loading the disc every now and then. This happens to my room mate too and we both have brand new consoles.

Don't know if other are having the same issues...didn't really read the thread. But yeah, not very impressed...If I had no achievements in it, I wouldn't play it again.

Repetitive that's all I can say getting cans of food water and whisky over and over again to get money selling all the crap you pick up is a pain as you can only sell one at a time and it moves to something you don't want to sell then have to buy it back at a high cost and finally the lagging and crashing as the lighthouse in coop apart from that good game maybe being able to pick up a trash can lid for defence : ) being able to jump out the way don't help much when you got 7 zombie wanting a share of you

ya know everywhere i look now ppl are playing this game and seem to have the same issues with the game play. I mean all my subs on youtube that are gamers play it and say its a great game, i agree but either way so much more work needs to be done on it. It was kind of a disappointment and kind of a waste of 65 dollars

All I have to say is the Shaman can kiss my ass. Every time he dies it auto saves so I can't leave the area, all my weapons are broken, and I have no way to kill the hordes that go after him.

I was having a blast with this game but after 3 hours of this bullshit I am seriously considering never touching this again.

I been having a good time with this games. me and my friends are also having a good time with all the bugs it came with. But my only complaint is the infected and areas where infinite infected just rape you. xain dies faster then the other people so we I just get beat and lose money... of course i lose little bit thanks to the perk but it is still annoying to die loads of times just trying to run from the sheer amount of zombies.

My biggest gripe is the god damn infected. There are parts they constantly respawn. If you have three or more on you, you are fucked. The NG+ was horrible as well. Why in the fuck would you not give me a weapon near my level. You really want me to go after a zombie that is level 38 with a level 3 pipe. REALLY?

To get to level 50, I have decided to join low level people's games, lol.

My biggest gripe is the god damn infected. There are parts they constantly respawn. If you have three or more on you, you are fucked. The NG+ was horrible as well. Why in the fuck would you not give me a weapon near my level. You really want me to go after a zombie that is level 38 with a level 3 pipe. REALLY?

To get to level 50, I have decided to join low level people's games, lol.

lol good strategy lol i should have my bf try that lol hes havin issues too

My problems with this game are numerous. most of the problems lay in horrible poor game design, which is quite possibly the least user friendly game ever.

I swear this game punishes you for just about everything you do and makes mundane things in a game a damn chore.

the "loot" system is brutal, because like most things in the game its random. there is no risk/reward factor when deciding to take on a mob of zombies or start a fight with a ram etc, since if they drop anything, its totally random.

thats ok, but then you add in the fact that if you want to keep your good weapons, you will be repairing them every bloody 30 minutes and that can cost over $5000 depending on your weapons. so you basically have to kill all zombies sometimes & loot everything just to get the money to repair the weapons...that you damaged trying to get the money to repair. game 1, me 0

again the money thing, its very important, so what happens when you die, you LOSE money. again, the game is punishing you. yet again, the amount is totally random, sometimes $30 or $500. then you factor in that some deaths occur when you get mobbed trying to loot bodies or suitcases just to get money to keep your weapons and you have entered a horrible cycle of gain money-die-lose money-gain money-weapon damage-die-lose money etc etc.

trying to sell stuff to traders is a time consuming chore that again with better game design, could be simple. however, you can only sell one of an item at once and then the screen hops to some totally random part of your inventory/misc stuff, making look again for what you were selling in the first place. trying to sell 20 phones can take a long time, instead of the 10 seconds it would take in a better designed game.

the respawn system is, yet again, seemingly random, dropping you farther away from your goal than before, maybe AT your goal, or maybe in the pile of some zombies. you never know. almost every respawn is followed by...ok...where the f*** am I? then possibly just to screw you some more, your compass may lead on a totally pointless detour, or maybe it will switch the quest you were tracking.

dammit, there is just so many problems with this game, which could have been really good. I really enjoyed it at first, but after getting to act 2 & past level 20, the game became a tedious chore that punished me for doing everything, whether that is dying, using my weapon, following the map.

sidebar, did anyone else notice that when talking to the Russian pilot in act 1, that his voice completely changes at one point. He sounds like Steven Blum most of the time, then when you get the quest to get a phone, he has a different high pitched voice.

my thoughts exactly

i have been thinking its too easy to get killed especially when stupid things happen not just 3 or 4 hits from an infected (even at level 21). Such as i was on the beach and i went to kick a ball into the water and it killed me! somehow the ball hitting the water created an explosion. Tonight my friend opened a door and that killed him , and also a 2 metre drop kills that sucks. The little time we have to revive each other pisses me most of the time as well. INVENTORY and shop i have to bitch about , when picking things up my weapons unequip and move around the weapon wheel , when selling/buying after buying something it highlights another random item this REALLY pisses me off i went to buy 10 or more medi kits not realizing this and spend 10,000 on crappy weapons and mod items!

I've gotten stuck in more places than I can remember. During a mission where I had to go up stairs to get back to where I was, I couldn't go up them without sliding back down. I also managed to get stuck inside of a door once.

This game screams as though it was released about six months too early. It's got Assassin's Creed 1 syndrome. It's a bit broken, but is good enough to keep playing. Though when Dead Island 2 inevitably comes out, it will be the best game ever.

IDiivil and I keep having this issue where the game slows to a crawl, and no matter where we are, we will succumb to environmental damage and die, then respawn, and continue to succumb to environmental damage. This could be in a base, on top of a building, or in a closed room. I call it the "Economical Balancing" bug, since it always happens when I have like 20K.

wow, i finished the game with my level 35 xian character, and now i want to go back to look for more locations and level up, but guess what, i have to start at the beginning, oh and new game plus is BULLSHIT, you cant look for locations because your whole map is green so you dont know what you are missing, and you are missing all your inventory... they really screwed up on a lot of this game, its too bad, cuz when its fun, its really fun, too bad thats only about 50% of the time.

Every 2nd thread you read in here has the topic "............ Glitch". It's getting old...

I feel you blaze!! I played this game all fucking weekend till my wife started bitching. couldnt put it down. The only thing i can tell you that pissed me off is i had to make the hand of glova three times!!! The last time i emptied a few inventory slots to make sure it would drop. PRESTO. Then i went out side of the church blasted a few zombies , came back and my shit was gone. People need to understand that this is a huge game. Glitches here and there are to be expected. I have not ran across any glitches that would be game breakers. Hey blaze you need to hit me up for some co op cheevos man!!!

I feel you blaze!! I played this game all fucking weekend till my wife started bitching. couldnt put it down. The only thing i can tell you that pissed me off is i had to make the hand of glova three times!!! The last time i emptied a few inventory slots to make sure it would drop. PRESTO. Then i went out side of the church blasted a few zombies , came back and my shit was gone. People need to understand that this is a huge game. Glitches here and there are to be expected. I have not ran across any glitches that would be game breakers. Hey blaze you need to hit me up for some co op cheevos man!!!

Its a small game actually...with mediocre graphics. And there should not be the amount of glitches that there are in this game... randomly freezing up and killing you even when you are completely safe is unacceptable. Not being able to join co op games when the game is based around co op...unacceptable. Weapons vanishing for no reason when you throw it at an enemy...unacceptable. I could go on but you get the point.

I also go a laugh out of the DLC announcement. Game needs some serious fixing before adding more broken content imo...

I am still trying to 1000 it though lol :D

Edited by Gackt

Haha funny story. Yeah sure why not. Anytime. Tell me what ya need. :)