Co-op (playlist)

Attention everyone: you can't get any achievements in co-op mode, local or online. My brother and I played a random world local co-op, beat the game, no achievement. We reloaded a save state just before we got the last ship piece and had Earl kill himself. Toejam got the ship piece and beat the game, the achievement unlocked.

Attention everyone: you can't get any achievements in co-op mode, local or online. My brother and I played a random world local co-op, beat the game, no achievement. We reloaded a save state just before we got the last ship piece and had Earl kill himself. Toejam got the ship piece and beat the game, the achievement unlocked.

One thing though; did that work for both profiles? As in were you able to reload and unlock for each profile? If so, all you'd have to do is reload and take turns.

That technically may still be useful for a second playthrough with local co-op (IF someone's only going for the much harder Random World achievement). Just means the rest of them would have to be done first in a solo playthrough...

Edited by Kahn13
Terrible spelling...

One thing though; did that work for both profiles? As in did were you able reload and unlock for each profile? If so, all you'd have to do is reload and take turns.

That technically may still be useful for a second playthrough with local co-op (IF someone's only going for the much harder Random World achievement). Just means the rest of them would have to be done first in a solo playthrough...

Good question. I don't know, the second player wasn't logged in with any profile.

More investigations. I haven't played T&E2 co-op, so I can't say anything about that. I tried to use the cheat code to beat T&E1 in single player, no achievement. I loaded the save state where my brother and I got to the end of the game. My second profile was logged in as Earl. I killed Toejam and beat the game as Earl alone. No achievement.

By the way, when this happened originally, we loaded 2 profiles in local co-op, and had Earl use hi-tops. No achievement. As I said, even in local co-op, no achievements, at least in my experiences in T&E1.

• 3 weeks later...

That's weird, because when I played it with my brother in local co-op (I was player 1) I ran out of lives on level 24 and as soon as I died the Santa achievement unlocked for me, which my brother had actually managed to do much earlier in the game (but obviously no achievement for him). And when he went on to finish the last level, it also unlocked the finishing the game achievement for me, but obviously not him again.