Wish me luck!

Trueflight

Well, needed a new RPG to try out so I decided on Star Ocean. Played 1 on PSP and 3 on PS2, so I knew I liked the series.

So far, I started today and played for about 2.5 hours. Took me 1 hour (including coffee breaks) to get past the tutorial and the opening scenes (to the first area.) Then almost 1.5HOURS to get through the caves before coming back to the space ship.

Man, 1.5hours to reach 1 save because I didn't go backwards, is that normal?

Hopefully not, sometimes that's all I get to play in a day...

Either way, I'm going to be playing this hopefully a few playthroughs no guarantee I'll perfect GS this one, but it'll keep me busy until DLC for LA Noire/AC Brotherhood/ME2 goes on sale!

1.5 hours

sometimes that's all I get to play in a day

no guarantee I'll perfect GS this one

I'll go ahead and guarantee for you that you won't, unless you plan on making this your only game for over a year.

Regardless, it's a good game, as is the rest of the Star Ocean series - but it makes me sad that you haven't played the best one (Second Story). Good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Go me! Well, 3 weeks later I beat it for the first time. 66:43.

I ended up missing the Astral caves when they open up, I think before EN 2? Around then anyway, so after that I basically stopped trying to get every extra item/recipe/etc. Still enjoyed it, but man are those cutscenes long! So often I'd be trying to beat a boss at dinnertime or something, and I'd have to skip them just so I could save quicker, grumble grumble (wish they had a movie player at the main menu).

Might do another playthrough now, or LA Noire... Such a backlog right now :( It is terribull!

Oh, if they read it : Thanks for the help/guides, was an incredible help to have those so handy.

• 1 month later...

Mmmkay. I'm on my "last" playthrough, on Earth. Hopefully I can get all the treasures/endings this time, and then just the BT left to get (haha).

It's been fun though, definitely going to have a lot of respect for guys that have put the hours into it for that elusive perfect rating.

So many great games this holidays, not sure if I'll be able to keep it up though!

• 7 months later...