Pepsi - Rock Band giveaway until December 2009.

E vee dub

For some reason, few stores in my (Boston) area seem to have these branded Pepsis, let alone Pepsi products at all. I mean, I know Coke is more popular, but it seems like only 7/11 has Pepsi, and various stores have been hit-or-miss on the special bottles.

Anyways, Twisted, I'm sure you heard Double Fine counter-sued Activision, right? Apparently Acti wanted to make it into a Guitar Hero game, which I find crazy, since the game is action with bits of hack-and-slash, isn't it? (I've followed the lawsuit more than the game, since I don't think I'm gonna buy the game; I just want to see Activision lose.) Now, what I want to see now, is in the next Rock Band, or even the next update, or maybe the Metal Track Pack, see Jack Black's character as a playable character, just as an in-your-face kind of insult. Regardless, I don't see Tenacious D being in Guitar Hero again anytime soon....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, Twisted, I'm sure you heard Double Fine counter-sued Activision, right? Apparently Acti wanted to make it into a Guitar Hero game, which I find crazy, since the game is action with bits of hack-and-slash, isn't it? (I've followed the lawsuit more than the game, since I don't think I'm gonna buy the game; I just want to see Activision lose.) Now, what I want to see now, is in the next Rock Band, or even the next update, or maybe the Metal Track Pack, see Jack Black's character as a playable character, just as an in-your-face kind of insult. Regardless, I don't see Tenacious D being in Guitar Hero again anytime soon....

Yeah, Twitter has been all abuzz about it today. I knew it would happen but I'm sad to see I was right this time. Personally, I think it's a ridiculous counter suit. Double Fine should have just sat back and enjoyed all the free 'warm and fuzzies' they were getting until the judge tossed Activision out of court for wasting our time. Like Tim said, if they wanted it, they should have put a ring on it.

All these statements about why they were dropped are just confusing the issue. The original statement I heard was that it was dropped "because Activision felt it wasn't an IP they could exploit for sequels." That sounds exactly like the Activision business plan, so I'm sure there is some truth in that one too.

Oh well, I'm still getting it Day 1. Pre-order is already in.

Meanwhile, I sit here and wonder when I became an EA fanboy since most of the titles I really want (outside of Activision titles) are EA. I remember when EA was the most hated company I knew.

Is anyone else like me, and having hard luck with this promotion? Granted, I've only entered around 4 or 5 codes, but I've only one once! I've heard people have won 23 of 23 and other great percentages.

Is it easier to win entering early in the day or something? It's not a first come first serve daily thing, right?

Is it easier to win entering early in the day or something? It's not a first come first serve daily thing, right?

This seems to be the case. A lot of people have problem winning tracks in the evening. I tried 30 codes(thank you ebay), 28 won a track, the 2 that lost were 5 hours before the end of the "pepsi day". They seem to be serious about the 5000 a day.

This seems to be the case. A lot of people have problem winning tracks in the evening. I tried 30 codes(thank you ebay), 28 won a track, the 2 that lost were 5 hours before the end of the "pepsi day". They seem to be serious about the 5000 a day.

Oh, so do you think it's something like 5000 out of the first 6-8000 win? If so, I guess I'll start entering at midnight. Anyone know what timezone Pepsi uses? EDIT: looks like Eastern.

Oh, so do you think it's something like 5000 out of the first 6-8000 win? If so, I guess I'll start entering at midnight. Anyone know what timezone Pepsi uses? EDIT: looks like Eastern.

No, I think they give out exactly 5000 songs for the first 5000 codes on that day. People are pretty much guaranteed a song in the morning. The timezone doesn't matter here, take a look here: http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/

They tell you, when the new day starts.

No, I think they give out exactly 5000 songs for the first 5000 codes on that day. People are pretty much guaranteed a song in the morning. The timezone doesn't matter here, take a look here: http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/

They tell you, when the new day starts.

That can't be right, because I lost two codes yesterday, at around noon EST, and Joker won at 4.

And I'm not seeing where you see the "new day." I see countdowns to the end of the entire promotion, which I saw ended at midnight Eastern Time, so I figured that a "Pepsi Day" started at midnight EST, which makes sense, since Pepsi Co. is HQ'd in New York.

I think the more logical thing is, by my eyes: They bullshit and say 5000 caps a day. You can't deal out 5000 caps a day because that would be impossible to keep track of over the entire U.S.. They take whenever this started to whenever this ends, so many days...and times that by 5000. Ship out said amount of caps over time until all have left the factories. It's not about time of day, it's what it is, you win, or you lose. Luck is key.

i'm a DP kind of guy... and i like Dr Pepper too. but to get free Rock Band tracks for buying Pepsi is enough for me to switch brands for a little while. sounds like a definite win for me. :woop:

ill try it out tomorrow and drink Pepsi as if i'm stranded in the desert and drinking from a Pepsi oasis.

You can't deal out 5000 caps a day because that would be impossible to keep track of over the entire U.S..

It's run by a computer. That's what computers do, they keep track of numbers. 5000 a day is one every 17 seconds. I can write a script that can do that in < 30 minutes. BTW, it's not caps they are tracking, it's codes that are entered.

What's happening is that it's becoming more well known. Before it may have been 18-20 seconds between people trying to get tracks, meaning there were giveaways queued up ready to go all the time. Now as more people are trying they are getting more losers because there are more attempts using up the wins.

Edited by TwistedFate

It's run by a computer. That's what computers do, they keep track of numbers. 5000 a day is one every 17 seconds. I can write a script that can do that in < 30 minutes. BTW, it's not caps they are tracking, it's codes that are entered.

What's happening is that it's becoming more well known. Before it may have been 18-20 seconds between people trying to get tracks, meaning there were giveaways queued up ready to go all the time. Now as more people are trying they are getting more losers because there are more attempts using up the wins.

Moral of the story, no one buy pepsi except me and twistedfate!

I already have all the songs I really really wanted... unless the update the list again =P But i think im going to use these caps for the free wii points and or dsi points for awhile now(I love loop holes). I reached 102 songs I dont wanna be greedy

btw is it possible 2 lose? I have entered 30+ caps and always won..but it says 5000 a day...must be their just for looks XD

Edited by Teh Paralyzer