I Promise To Kill You Last

NaK Quinn

• 3 weeks later...

I did this solo with no problem in 3 tries. Loaded AK-47 with front grip, start shooting immediately when you take control of your character and set your AI partner to group/aggressive. Aim for Dalton's head or crotch as he's heavily armored in the chest and limbs. Holding the left trigger for better aim while moving towards him allowed me to stay on a sweet spot to take him down in about 10 seconds on one magazine.

Once he falls, jun run up to him, reload along the way. In the 2-3 seconds it takes you to get to him, your partner should have his aggro high enough that Dalton will not notice you and let you unload on his head at semi-close range.

Cake.

RPGs/Stingers are crap because they take too long to reload/lock on for the damage they do and the MGL's ammo is too limited unless you're dead on with it while he's on the balcony.

The ONLY reason it took a few tries is because of all the grenades being spammed in the room. This is why I said to move forward while shooting him... you should move just far enough to avoid them as most of them will bounce behind you. If you get knocked down from a nade blast you still might be able to get it, I dunno.

If anyone sees me online and wants help trying it, make sure you're at the checkpoint and add/invite me and we'll try it. I'm usually only on the mornings, though and I might not be using my mic. GT is same as username.

• 1 month later...
I did this solo with no problem in 3 tries. Loaded AK-47 with front grip, start shooting immediately when you take control of your character and set your AI partner to group/aggressive. Aim for Dalton's head or crotch as he's heavily armored in the chest and limbs. Holding the left trigger for better aim while moving towards him allowed me to stay on a sweet spot to take him down in about 10 seconds on one magazine.

Once he falls, jun run up to him, reload along the way. In the 2-3 seconds it takes you to get to him, your partner should have his aggro high enough that Dalton will not notice you and let you unload on his head at semi-close range.

Cake.

RPGs/Stingers are crap because they take too long to reload/lock on for the damage they do and the MGL's ammo is too limited unless you're dead on with it while he's on the balcony.

The ONLY reason it took a few tries is because of all the grenades being spammed in the room. This is why I said to move forward while shooting him... you should move just far enough to avoid them as most of them will bounce behind you. If you get knocked down from a nade blast you still might be able to get it, I dunno.

If anyone sees me online and wants help trying it, make sure you're at the checkpoint and add/invite me and we'll try it. I'm usually only on the mornings, though and I might not be using my mic. GT is same as username.

well i have tried a lotta times and still haven´t got it... there´s a guy in an elevator on my right,that keeps shooting at me like im the only guy in the room...that and mi AI partner just won´t help...coul you be a little more specific?please?

http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/Fron666.png

• 5 weeks later...

With my AI partner in aggressive/regroup mode I used the AK47 to knock him down. I had time to reload and use 2 clips. Then I used the Light 50 sniper to finish him off. It took 3 headshots and I got it the first try using these weapons.

• 10 months later...

sorry for resurrecting this, but this is becoming a real pain.

okay, me and my co-op partner get him down with stingers, but then it we cant get him.

he have tried running at him for different end, running at him from the same ends. staying back.

nada works. we get killed be shotgun guys, by the rocket launcher guy by and guy with a gun.

any more tips?

thanks.

I'm having pretty good success with the AK-47 strategy. The only problem I am having thus far is killing him fast enough when he is on the catwalk. There are times when I'll kill him shortly after he pauses after walking to the right. Whenever that happens though I always seem to fuck up killing him when he hits the ground. Most of the time It takes me just into my second clip to bring him off the catwalk, and then once he hits the ground he's dead in like 10 seconds.

Question: does the brief cutscene of him jumping down count towards the 40 seconds, or no?

• 1 month later...
I'm having pretty good success with the AK-47 strategy. The only problem I am having thus far is killing him fast enough when he is on the catwalk. There are times when I'll kill him shortly after he pauses after walking to the right. Whenever that happens though I always seem to fuck up killing him when he hits the ground. Most of the time It takes me just into my second clip to bring him off the catwalk, and then once he hits the ground he's dead in like 10 seconds.

Question: does the brief cutscene of him jumping down count towards the 40 seconds, or no?

Sorry for the long wait before answering, but yes. The cutscene of him falling does count.

As for the best method, try using an AK47 fully upgraded to get him down, then snipe him with the light 50, headshots are obviously the best. If either of you've got the SAL-86 (preorder grenade sniper, they were handing out codes a little over a year ago on the EA forums, don't know if that's done or not) that works pretty well also because it can take away about 25-40% of his remaining health with a single hit, but only if you've got a partner that's also popping him with a sniper.

Yeah it can be pretty awful.

I used the AK47 method by sending rios to advance in aggressive mode while ducking behind the first shelves to the right and unloading. He dropped at the halfway mark on the first catwalk (where he normally stops). Ran up on him as quick as I could after that and unloaded into his head and that killed him. Took like 4 tries after I began ducking behind the shelves. I find it helps because not only do the jerks not unload into you, taking you down half the time, but you also line up a little better with Dalton's path which makes more of your shots connect. Be sure to remove stuff you don't really use in this lvl like the shield mount and pimpage. Wanna maximize damage and then minimize aggro. I removed the silencer just cause I wanted the extra damage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cake.

I did it this way in the end :) Cheers pal i got the full 1250 GS now. Once you know where he is it's easy, must have only taken me 25-30 seconds :)

• 1 month later...
I used the AK47 method by sending rios to advance in aggressive mode while ducking behind the first shelves to the right and unloading. He dropped at the halfway mark on the first catwalk (where he normally stops). Ran up on him as quick as I could after that and unloaded into his head and that killed him. Took like 4 tries after I began ducking behind the shelves. I find it helps because not only do the jerks not unload into you, taking you down half the time, but you also line up a little better with Dalton's path which makes more of your shots connect. Be sure to remove stuff you don't really use in this lvl like the shield mount and pimpage. Wanna maximize damage and then minimize aggro. I removed the silencer just cause I wanted the extra damage.

Thanks for the tip about the shelves on the right! Got it that way with the AK-47.

• 2 months later...

I made it using the stingers and gernade launchers. My friend and I each hit one stinger each then switched to the launchers.

We tried the AK47 method like 30 times and could not make it happen.

Finally go the full 1250/1250:Bounce:

Thanks to emnm slayer fan he stuck with me to the end!

• 5 months later...

I just got this today. Omg it's a pain. You have to get him down pretty fast and then get 3-4 headshots on him before he dives into cover. It's almost a matter of luck. If you don't have to retirement savings achievement, do this repeatedly from the start menu by loading checkpoint to earn that 75k over and over again.

Retirement Savings Plan has to be done in Ranked Online matches, says so right in the achievement description:

Retirement Savings Plan

Earn one billion dollars in total in ranked matches.

Anyways, regarding this 40 second kill achievement, I remember playing with my friend and using the method in the achievement guide. Stingers take entirely too long iirc, it was costing us good time waiting to reload and lock-on each time. After we went to ARs (I used the PMK, friend used the AK47), we rocked him off the platform fast. Then after he falls it's a matter of being accurate with your sniper shots, which I think we finally managed after 3 or 4 tries. Doesn't necessarily have to be headshots, you just have to unload quickly and accurately.

I still haven't beaten him on Professional (haven't tried in awhile though). That's a tough fight, harder for me than the 40 second kill.

Edited by Veedrock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just solo'd this last night. 3 head shots while on the catwalk and he falls, you can litterally get him off the catwalk in 3 seconds if your headshots are perfect (took me a few tries but 3 shots got him down).

Once hes on the ground, this part is a bit of luck. I ran to the right an aimed with the sniper rifle, I want to say I attempted this achievement 10 times, and 7 out of the 10 he just hide behind the barrier. The time I finally did it, his head was barely sticking up over the barrier and 2-3 more shots finished him off.

I tried running up to him with the grenade launcher but that takes too much time. If you are going to solo this you almost have to snipe him to do it in time.

Crotch shots will make him fall over, so if your having trouble with him moving, shoot his crotch then hit his head.

Super quick if you are a good sniper and easily soloable.

With a REALY person couch co-oping with you, this should be NO problem at all.

Cake.

This is definetly an exaggeration if not a lie. I would not follow this method. The AK does not have enough ammo to get him down in time with as far away from him as you are. I tried this method as well as the SAW method, neither gun pump out enough damage accurately enough. You could unload an entire clip and maybe get 1 headshot. These guns would easily work if you have a real person co-oping with you...but will not work with AI.

It takes closer to 10 seconds to actually run over to him not 2-3..and 90% of the time he just hides behind the barrier whether your partner has aggro or not.

If you are knocking him down and getting him down as quickly as you CLAIM, then he will not even toss one grenade...the other enemies in the room barely hit you at all.

He needs to be OFF the catwalk realistically when he stops in the middle of the catwalk on his own..if he gets to the 2nd turn you have no chance of finishing him off, unless you snipe him on the ground..and that is serisouly luck based.

With the AK/SAW I tried many times and could NEVER get him down until he was well past the 2nd turn...and I like to think I have very good head shot aiming ability...as with my previous post I was able to get him off with the sniper rifle with 3 shots.

For anyone attempting this solo I would just try to do it with the sniper..you can probably get it with the grenade launcher and sniper, but once he is on the ground you have to make sure you are sniping immediately and get lucky headshots. without him hiding.