What so called "bad games" have you liked but the majority hasn't?

Never Final

Im talking those games that got rotten reviews or for the most part everyone thinks is a bad game.

I've always always been a huge fan of Final Fantasy but I know plenty of people that think that each one after 7 is terrible but there isnt a single one I dont like.

Same goes with The Last Remnant. I just started playing it yesterday after putting it off because of reviews and friends saying it was terrible. If you can see past the loading "lag" in battle then its actually a decent game that reminds me alot of Legend of Dragoon.

I know theres more that I'm just not thinking of right now.

So have you liked any games with bad reviews and majority thumbs down?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's The Saboteur. It's not as a good as many other countless sandbox games but I love the setting, the visual style and the story (so far, haven't beaten it). The gameplay is your standard sandbox style for the most part. It definitely has some issues but it's not a bad as a lot of people made it out to be, still didn't realize it's full potential though either.

Got quite a few of them.

Most recently though it's got to be The First Templar.

Don't know what it is about the game, I can see the flaws but I still enjoyed it enough to sink 12-13 hours in to get all the single player achievements. (Still to try and get the multiplayer but that'll come later since nobody on my friends list has the game.)

I think the Crash Time series was pretty decent, better than what most would think. Save the bad voice acting.

FUEL, despite mediocre reviews, I found it to be enjoyable. Quantum of Solace, although it didn't get bad reviews, I thought it was a bit underrated.

And one of my friends actually enjoyed Two Worlds enough to beat it. Funny thing about that game, I've seen quite a few people who stated that they enjoyed it.

And one of my friends actually enjoyed Two Worlds enough to beat it. Funny thing about that game, I've seen quite a few people who stated that they enjoyed it.

It's not a bad game really, aside from the technical issues (awful framerate, installing helps) and the dialogue. "Mayhap, I mayhap mayhap you?" The quests are interesting and the weapon system is good - if not a little nonsensical. "If I have 10 of the same sword and combine them, they will turn into one supersword, huzzah!"

Space Giraffe got some absolute terrible reviews. 2.5 being the lowest IIRC. However, the reviewer obviously didn't understand the game. I admit, to begin with I was dying left, right and centre. You need to give it time though. Eventually I could recognise all of the audio cues and easily deal with every type of enemy. It's one of the better games on the arcade IMO.

Singularity and saboteur aren't bad necessarily, more swept under the rug id say....but they were pretty good

Fracture...If a big company had been behind it (lucasarts doesnt count..as a big name) it probably would have been more appreciated

Brutal Legend was also a let down to many people and people also hated the RTS elements....but I dont see it...Brutal legend was a pretty good game

from the posts above i do not beleive theat either the saboteur or singularity were considered bad games at all

lol thats exactly what i was thinking when i read the first 2 posts, those two games exactly. no one actually said they were very bad games, they just didn't sell that well is all.

for me fifa 07, afl live and prince of persia(it got pretty decent reviews but heaps of people absolutely hated it with a passion)

-The Godfather II

I picked this game up about a year ago played it for about an hour got bored with it and just left it there but i thought i would give it another go because LA Noire won't be here till monday and I really enjoyed it. Did about three quarters of the story and I think it is a really good game