Deal of the Week thread

yamayamayaamaa

already bought it, just CBA with puzzle games for a bit thats all, seems like ive played nothing but them on my phone for ages

tbh, i just want this thing to catch up with the other devices in terms of games, we've been left for dead in regards of quality content, instead only getting numerous games by glu, all the same but with different textures

oops, time to leave, must go catch teh bus...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they know they can get away with it on Windows Phone because people buy them because they have Xbox Live achievements.

I somehow don't imagine people buying games on iOS because they have Game Center achievements.

There's probably some truth in that but what proportion of Xbox gamers are so concerned about achievements. Obviously everyone here is but I cannot see every WP user being so concerned them. Surely it would make more sense selling games at the the iOS/android price range as they will sell a lot more proportionally. Just the way I see it anyway.

already bought it, just CBA with puzzle games for a bit thats all, seems like ive played nothing but them on my phone for ages

Ditto, played to many on the PSP like that for free to be bothered buying any when I have a 30+ game backlog :wtf

Another week I pass on.

WP7 games I simply don't buy are:

Glitched

Extremely difficult ones

Crappy ones that take over 10 hours to complete

Good ones that take over 20 hours. 15 hours being edge for ok games but they have to be good for a 20+ hour completion time.

Seems Chickens can't Fly takes very long so I pass on it.

I tried the demo a while ago and didn't like it so I'll pass on this.

The TA rating is 625 which is pretty hefty for a 200gs game.

I also look at the forums here of a game, the ammount of people that completed it and the ratio for every single achievement itself. Some low ratio games have 1+ hard achievements worth a few GS but with a high ratio. Don't let the total number fool you.

Seems Chickens can't Fly takes very long so I pass on it.

That will actually change with the next update, which should launch this week or next week. We're doing an in-depth article on the changes to difficulty and Achievements tomorrow at WPCentral. For now, you can estimate Chickens Can't Fly post-update will take ~1/10 as long to complete as it does now.

Edited by eastx

Will be interesting to see how much Chickens Cant Fly will change after the update, I couldnt get into the game and just ended up leaving it sat idle on my phone whilst I played other things. Maybe the update will change that

That will actually change with the next update, which should launch this week or next week. We're doing an in-depth article on the changes to difficulty and Achievements tomorrow at WPCentral. For now, you can estimate Chickens Can't Fly post-update will take ~1/10 as long to complete as it does now.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeinteresting.... that's what I call some great timing.

Just read it at TA in the news section too. Interesting:) Got until next week Tuesdaynight anyway so I will see how it will change the stuff. I feel sorry though for the people that completed it before though. But if it becomes a rather quick completion I will get it.

Chickens can't fly is by far the best windows phone games yet, a lot of work has gone into making this game & is very original.

People who say its too hard because I won't get 100% or it will take a life time to complete get over it! Get behind the developer by buy this game.

GO CHICKENS!!!

Chicken will be sad if you don't buy this game!

Read patch update here

http://www.wp7connect.com/2012/05/24/chickens-cant-fly-update-coming-soon-new-levels-avatar-awards-dlc-multiplayer-and-more-details-images/

To be clear, WPCentral's article will have 100% more detail about the actual difficulty changes, which aren't really mentioned in the press release the developer sent out to multiple sites. Still, that list is a good general description.

Good for you, hope you enjoyed Playing My Horse & Me :biglaugh

Ow ouch,

Let me top that for you:

That week I started and finished Hannah Montanna on Thursday, Let's Cheer on Friday and My Horse and Me 2 on Sunday (2 playthroughs needed). Best gaming week of my life.

Yes I play crap but I play quality too and with Retail games and XBLA I can't get 100% anymore so I want to try it for the WP7. But again I just buy and play what I want. If you don't respect that then well I don't care about that. But trying to come with insults or anything just because I don't buy a game you seem to love is well pretty sad imo.

But lets not start a flame war or some bullshit like that. Just don't go bashing on other people their opinions just because they don't match

To be clear, WPCentral's article will have 100% more detail about the actual difficulty changes, which aren't really mentioned in the press release the developer sent out to multiple sites. Still, that list is a good general description.

Thanks for this eastx:)

WOW what a week! :eek:

Not flaming just joking around :woop:

Yeah..had to work that Saturday:p also went working out the day I did Let's Cheer (Let's kill myself). Killed a pair of socks playing that game and damn I needed a shower when I was done lol.

To go back to the threads topic a bit too though: I still want Pacman CE DotW!!>.< Or another big pricereduction batch would be nice:)