How I fixed my glitched DLC achievements

ANIM4L

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little off topic but I was wondering if anyone knows if I reset my stats and i delete the CoD DLC then if i playthrough the campaign will I get the hardcore achievement at the end of main campaign or will I still need to do the DLC chapters to unlock it

• 2 weeks later...

:laughs hysterically: I remember the countless hours spent talking with scripted tech support, the aggravation and "investigating condescension" from Microsoft regarding my refund which never happened...and I could not believe what I was reading when I saw there was finally a fix not from EA but from one of x360a very own members.

Farmer Jay, I know you appreciate this fix as much as I did as you kept up hope as I abandoned it for this game.

A year and a half later I finally have my 1250, and it feels great!

Animal if X360a offers awards for perseverance and overall awesomeness then you are up for nomination.

Thank you very much for this, it worked like a charm!

Cheers

I have the Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Harddrive and a 4GB USB stick. Does the same steps Anim4l (forgive me if I misspelled your gamertag) posted on the first page work for this console as well? Where is the Harddrive located on this contraption? Do I have to pull out the harddrive cause I'm really scared to mess up something.

Thank you for your time and sorry if this post looks similar to other posts. I just want to understand and know what I'm about to do before I actually go ahead and do this DLC fix.

When i did it i never pulled out my hard drive and I have the removable harddrive. So my guess is tht you shouldnt have to pull out the hardrive.

Thank you Animal!:)

It worked like a charm for me, got it in my first try. I was scared to do it at first but then what the hell, it isn't that hard. I putted my profile + DLC on my USB and my HDD was still in the xbox :) (I've cleared cache of course).

I hope my remaining offline /online achievements won't get glitchy now :3.

Ok, so I have my achievements. BUT, there's a twist.

The first time, even though I did the exact same method as advised, it didn't work.

I tried again but without moving my save back on the HDD.

What I did was wipe my stats, clear the cache, launch the game and accept the update. But weirdly, it wouldn't reconnect to the XBox live (even with the update applied).

Still, I continued, started a game on a blank save, quit as soon as the intro was finished and then launched the DLC on the same save. And then one by one, all the achievements appeared. The only thing that bugs me is that they will show up as earned offline (which might look unlegit...).

But I got them fair and square thanks to AN1M4L fix. Thank you sir.

And if anyone is up for some multiplayer, I still have achievements to do. Especially "King of the Hill" and "All guns blazing" since I wiped all my stats :(

Ok, so I have my achievements. BUT, there's a twist.

The first time, even though I did the exact same method as advised, it didn't work.

I tried again but without moving my save back on the HDD.

What I did was wipe my stats, clear the cache, launch the game and accept the update. But weirdly, it wouldn't reconnect to the XBox live (even with the update applied).

Still, I continued, started a game on a blank save, quit as soon as the intro was finished and then launched the DLC on the same save. And then one by one, all the achievements appeared. The only thing that bugs me is that they will show up as earned offline (which might look unlegit...).

But I got them fair and square thanks to AN1M4L fix. Thank you sir.

And if anyone is up for some multiplayer, I still have achievements to do. Especially "King of the Hill" and "All guns blazing" since I wiped all my stats :(

do people automatically think achievements earned offline were glitched?

do people automatically think achievements earned offline were glitched?

Well, crazy people like I can be sometimes, yes.

It could look very suspicious to people how know that the game is glitched and are unaware that a fix has been found.

But it's mostly me overreacting.

I can confirm that the achievements unlock normaly after I applied that little trick :woop:

HOW TO FIX THE GAME! (All credits go to http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Pr...RenegadeANIM4L)

***Note: Please make sure you have all of the other "obtainable" achievements before you do this. I made the mistake of doing this before I got the Beast achievement and now have to start from scratch.

This was tested on a 360 Elite, with a 256MB MU and 2GB USB thumb drive. I did not have a HDD connected on my 360. (Not sure if that makes a difference but I figured I might mention it.) (This also works on n XBox 360 Slim with a 250GB HDD, thanks to Son of Kyuss for testing.)

Now these following steps will walk you through how to reset your stats for this game that are tied into your XBOX 360 Profile. This will not affect any of your other games, so no worries.

1.)Move your current profile onto your USB thumb drive. Along with your saves and DLC for this game. (Again, not sure if this makes a difference but I'm letting you know exactly what I did.)

2.)Clear your system cache. (Please google how to do this, if you don't know how.)

3.)Load up Army of Two 40th Day, as the EA logo appears, remove the USB thumb drive from your XBOX. You'll now see a message saying to reinsert the memory device, ignore this.

4.)Now start a new solo campaign, just before you select a new save to start the game (which in my case was on my MU) reinsert the thumb drive. Make sure to hit the Home button to check to see if your profile has reloaded.

5.)Now start the game. If everything worked accordingly, when your in your new game press start, and check your statistics everything should read 0. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

6.)If the above step worked, reconnect to XBOX Live and download the update for the game.

*** It's being reported that some are having issues with this step. If there are any issues, back out to the dashboard, then reload the game and accept the update.

7.)Now select your USB thumb drive with your saves, as your save device. Start the campaign, select a completed save, and replay the DLC to unlock any previously glitched achievements.

Thank you! RenegadeANIM4L and Son of Kyuss :drunk

And here are the pictures :) as proof that everything is oki ;)

1. Pick a new face - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811230449.jpg
  2. Paging Dr Wu - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811232108.jpg
  3. Can it really be that simple? - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811233346.jpg
  4. Hit & Miss - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811234223.jpg
  5. Men of the people - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812002252.jpg
  6. Good fellas - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812002949.jpg
  7. Good Guys - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812003655.jpg
  8. Train wrecked - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812005140.jpg

...as a side note:

• you can unlock them online
  • you can use your custom masks
  • you can pimp your weapons (gold only)
  • everything else, your progress and weapons unlocks, money, radios, etc. are gone after you do the trick

Edited by RonanN1

Well, crazy people like I can be sometimes, yes.

It could look very suspicious to people how know that the game is glitched and are unaware that a fix has been found.

But it's mostly me overreacting.

I to am very picky about seeing some achievements being unlocked offline. Its suspicious when seeing hard or "glitched" achievements being obtained offline, Going to try this solution tonight and hope to finally complete this game

I have a pro 360 with a 60g HDD and a MU....I literally tried all possible ways and nothing for days and days. My stats are not 0 the SECOND time I load the saved profile when playing the dlc.....if anyone can help would be appreciated it doesnt help that im confused everytime i do this either

• 3 weeks later...
Just saying guys would this technique not piss off the XBL enforcement team if they found out cause your gaining achievements unlawfully? And before anyone says yes I know there broken and what not but I bet stepto and his team wouldn't think that, hope it's not otherwise the guy who thought of this deserves a pint or 2

I don't think so because the method provided in this thread only resets the stats related to your gamertag on EA's servers as far as I know and nothing more. Once it's done, you have to meet the requirements for each achievement for it to unlock. So it's not like using the kind of illegal method, which is not permited to talk on this forum, to unlock cheevos.

Edited by Snoop QC

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...