Halo "Bootcamp" accidentally revealed; existence confirmed by Microsoft

DarkReign2021

For anybody that has been overwhelmed by the Xbox One news recently, something small like this might have slipped under the radar.

According to the Korean Game Rating board, a project called Bootcamp came up with the description making mention of Halo 3. When asked, Microsoft confirmed that Bootcamp is an actual project (shocking that MS actually confirmed the existence of something without an actual reveal at all.)

According to the Gamestop article, they believe it to be a Halo 3 PC port, but I'm not so sure about it myself. Even given the weird tendency for companies to give strange project names to their product, Bootcamp sounds just out-of-place enough to not make sense in Halo 3, but makes just enough sense for a Halo franchise that it strikes me as a possibility for another entry in the Halo franchise.

Since it's listed on the KGRB, I would assume it's definitely a videogame of some sort. If it's not a Halo 3 PC port, the mentioning of Halo 3 could allude toward the notion that they want to do a game/expansion built off of the Halo 4 engine like ODST was done off of Halo 3. It would be a small and simple project to pull off while maintaining speed on Halo 5 development. I don't know if they would have any effect on a Halo 2 Anniversary or if it could very well be a project name for H2A itself (though the title Bootcamp still really doesn't fit the game at all.)

At any rate, something we can look forward to besides the TV series hopefully.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/microsoft-confirms-halo-bootcamp-6408890?

Even if it is a Halo 3 PC port, doesn't this seem TOO late? Halo 2 Vista was out in '07, 3 years after the Xbox version. This is SIX years after Halo 3 was released on consoles. While it seems like some would buy it for nostalgia in hopes of reinvigorating the Halo 3 multiplayer days, I'm worried about how long the multiplayer community will last. Halo 2 Vista is scheduled to shut down in a few more weeks. With only Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer still going after a decade, is this supposed to be Microsoft's way of reaching out to the community, saying, "Hey, Halo 2 was awesome, and we know you guys loved it, but the Vista version is shutting down soon. How's a Halo 3 PC port sound? Time to move on? Because [spoiler=chachingbabling]we want more of your money.

"

It's definately time to move on. AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Jesus Christ. I want more focus on Halo 5.

Bootcamp does ring a bell, though. That was the first story arc from Marvel's adaption of The Fall of Reach, in graphic novel form.

"Bootcamp" could be related to "Boot Camp."

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Fall_of_Reach_-_Boot_Camp

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100622235154/halo/images/3/3f/Boot_Camp_1_cover.jpg

My biggest issue with Halo 3 coming to PC now is that MS seems like it should be focused entirely on the Xbox One right now. Plus like you said, it's been 6 years since the original H3 launched. Way too late to be doing it at this point. I would think Halo 4 would be a more likely release on PC since they would want to be pushing the new Multiplayer. Halo 3 PC would pretty much be admitting they screwed up and acknowledge that H3's MP was superior, but if they were to admit that they'd be better off just releasing a title update for H4 to change the multiplayer back to the original style (It would be simple to pull off. Wouldn't even take a month to re-code everything to remove loadouts and ordinance and add weapons and and armor abilities to the maps. Hell, most of the current maps have fan-edited versions with weapon drops added anyway.)

And yeah, when I saw Bootcamp, the first thing I thought of was the Fall of Reach graphic novel. I can't imagine them making a game out of bootcamp, but I would be hella excited to see them do something with it. Maybe a Telltale style game like Walking Dead/Sam and Max, but even that format would be hardpressed. I think bootcamp would be better left to the TV series.

And yeah, when I saw Bootcamp, the first thing I thought of was the Fall of Reach graphic novel. I can't imagine them making a game out of bootcamp, but I would be hella excited to see them do something with it. Maybe a Telltale style game like Walking Dead/Sam and Max, but even that format would be hardpressed. I think bootcamp would be better left to the TV series.

Never say that again. That was was utter trash.

Bootcamp might/should either be a new novel (having nothing to do with the graphic novel of the same name), tv series/short, or spin-off like ODST.

WHAT?!?! Telltale's Walking Dead game was awesome!!! Especially after coming off of the craptastic second half of TV's Season 3. Not to mention the Jurassic Park game was awesome as well.

That said, I obviously wouldn't want something like it for a Halo game, but I have no doubt Telltale could come up with an interesting idea. In fact, if I remember correctly, I think there was an article a while back about Telltale mentioning they had an idea for a Halo game.

Ah ha. Found it:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/telltale_would_love_to_create_episodic_halo_game.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
WHAT?!?! Telltale's Walking Dead game was awesome!!! Especially after coming off of the craptastic second half of TV's Season 3. Not to mention the l[/url]

The tv show has nothing to do with the game except they are both based off of the comics with the game following the soul of the comic much more closely. Tv has to do stupid stuff like give actor contracts and worry about fan fallout if their favorite character dies. Games can get away with it a bit easier.

OT. I wouldnt be supprised if it was a movie based on the halo comics hence the reason for no fanfare and overdramatic announcement.

Wait.... Halo 3 on PC? Bought!

Enjoyed the hell of Halo 3 back in 2008-2009 especially in custom games, would be cool to play more of it on PC :p

Hope this is true...

Edit:

"It has since been confirmed that Halo: Bootcamp was the working title for the recently-announced Halo: Spartan Assault."

Ummm, ahhh,.... okay. (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)