High in Las Vegas - Red Gems Guide

Aruwal

This guide will help you find all 80 red gems in the game, earning you the achievement "High in Las Vegas" worth 75G.

There are a total of 80 red gems in the game: 38 hidden in the levels and an additional 42 that must be purchased from Christopher with white gems. Since there is no stage select, you must collect all 80 red gems in a single run. EDIT: As things turn out, you do not need to find all 38 gems in the game, as you can purchase more than 42 gems from Christopher by farming white gems in respawn areas.

Getting all 80 is easiest on Lemon Hunter difficulty since the price of red gems at Christopher's shop is significantly less than on the other modes - 40% less than Demon Hunter.

-------------------------------------

Act 2-1:

1-3: Underneath the bride near Hangman's Tavern: Before you rush back to street level to feed the eyeball to the baby demon gate, step toward three shiny red gems under the bridge archway to net yourself some upgrades.

4: Behind pillar in small courtyard where you fight demons conjured by dark hand: Search behind the pillar at the far end of the quad for a pretty little red gem

5: In shack guarded by baby demon gate near opera poster: Take the strawberry found in the first street stall on the left to the baby demon gate across from the opera promotional poster. Feed it to the door to gain access to a hidden red gem.

Act 2-3:

6: Behind pillar after jumping from second floor of house, in area with telephone ringing: After landing in the back alley walk under the awning to the right to locate a hidden red gem.

7: Collect all white gems in the chandelier: After collecting all 56 white gems in this area, collect a red gem on the exit pathway.

8-9: Defeat all demons in the chandelier: Before breaking the orbs in this section, make sure to kill all demons. There are 2 in the first-, 4 in the second- and 4 in the final section. Make sure you kill all demons before moving up to the tower, as you cant double back afterwards if you miss any.

Act 3-1:

10: In the flowers to the left of Christopher: If you stop by Christopher, this is unmissable.

11: In a side passage accessible at the start of the sewers: Follow the path behind the strawberry to discover a red gem hidden among the muck. As a bonus, shoot the nearby crates for ammo.

12: Behind the cracked stone wall at the end of the level: Before excavating your way out of the tower, demolish the wall to the right of the guts wall to pick up a red gem.

Act 3-2:

13: Behind guts wall down side path at the start of the level: To the left of the cave lies a rotting log blocking a trail that winds deeper into the forest. Demolish it with a sticky shot from your Hot Boner to clear the way forward. Follow the trail to a guts wall hiding a red gem.

14: Tucked away behind rocks near the demon cages: Find a red gem tucked away in a rocky alcove beyond the second cage on the left. When the path turns to the right, head left at the lamppost to pocket the gem.

15: On lakeshore behind a fallen log: At the far end of the lake (to the right if you're looking at the baby demon gate), there's a red gem blocked by a fallen tree trunk. A Hot Boner sticky shot can bust that log up and grant access to the gem.

16: Behind guts wall to the right of cave at the end of level: Venture down a small path to the right of the cave to find a guts wall. Use your Hot Boner to create a line of sticky shots along the wall's glowing crack. Blast it open and collect the red gem inside.

Act 3-3:

17: In barrel next to demonic shrine at start of first Paula chase sequence: Shoot the barrel underneath the hanging lamp to find a red gem.

18: In darkness, down path to the right of pedestal with blue gem: Veer off the beaten path up a set of stairs to find a red gem.

19: In barrel next to house passed while following sushi lamp: Bust the barrel in this little alcove with the stone house while following the sushi lamp to collect a red gem.

Act 4-2:

20: Collect all 50 white gems in the level: Nab all 50 white gems in the level and you're bestowed with a glittering red gem for you obsessive-compulsive tendency.

Act 4-3:

21: In the Hall of Gluttony within book stacks: Explore the darkness-filled corridor to the left of the goat's head to find a bottle of tequila and a shiny red gem.

22: In the Hall of Heresy, opposite of the second goat lamp: After traipsing across the bookshelf bridge, turn right to explore the shadowy stacks. At the end of the farthest corridor is a red gem for the taking.

23: In the basement down within the book stacks passed while following sushi lamp: Nestled between two bookshelves, down a pitch-black dead end, sits a red gem ripe for the picking. After the sushi lamp makes it first right, continue moving forward and turn right when you run into a bookshelf. The red gem is at the end of the corridor.

Note: Players report that a fourth gem has appeared in this stage, after Red Gem #22. When demolishing the second glowing wall hidden among the bookshelves, it reveals a room filled with crates. Break open the crates, and lucky people will find a red gem here.

Act 4-4:

24: Collect all 50 white gems in the level: Nab all 50 white gems in the level and you're given a red gem.

Act 4-5:

25: In barrel to left of guts wall at end of cave: Before leaving the cave, stroll down the bridge to the left of the exit to find a red gem hidden within a barrel. A Crowzer demon guards the stone, so be prepared to fight for it.

26: Behind cracked stone wall to the left of fireworks launcher: Demolish the cracked stone wall to the left of the fireworks launcher to find a red gem. You can clear away the wall even in the darkness, although it's safer to do it in light.

27: In outhouse behind Christopher's shop, covered in darkness vines: Explore the area behind Christopher's shop to find a shed kept shut by creeping darkness vines. Snipping those vines away to reach the red gem locked within the shed requires blasting through the nearby guts wall.

Act 4-6:

28: Collect all 50 white gems in the level: Nab all 50 white gems in the level and you receive a red gem for your work.

Act 5-1:

29: In barrel behind pillar in chambered room where you first meet the Electrodiode demon: Shoot the barrel in the corner to the right of the chambers housing the Electrodiode demons to uncover a red gem.

30: In crate located in rotunda: Break the wooden crate sitting on the ledge encircling the rotunda to uncover a gem.

31: In barrel located in darkness-filled room with core destroyed with Skullblaster grenade:Shoot the barrel against the wall in the room where you lob a Skullblaster grenade to destroy a darkness vine core to find a red gem.

Act 5-2:

32: On the bottom of the first red block in the MOOR PU DEKCUF: After you reposition the T-shaped block, collect a red gem when you walk across the block.

33-34: On the platform that twists into place after lining up the two blocks in the MOOR PU DEKCUF: After clearing the bridge of demons and lifting the darkness, a set of stairs connects with the blocks. Walk down them to find a red gem at the base. Continue down another flight of stairs to find a second red gem.

35: On the bottom of the large block with the long set of stairs near the end of MOOR PU DEKCUF: Turn the main block formation upside-down to uncover a red gem. Positionthe block so that you can walk onto the side with the red gem and collect it.

Act 5-3:

36: Kill the two demons in the Skullblaster Pachinko machine: Kill the two demons at the base of the Skullblaster Pachinko machine to earn a shiny red gem as your reward. Pick it up in front of the exit portal on your way out.

37: In a barrel near the spinal staircase: Break the barrel at the base of the spinal staircase to pocket this red gem.

38: In a barrel in the room with corpses hanging from hooks in the madness Maze: Search among the hanging corpses for a barrel. Shoot it to collect the last red gem in the game.

Thanks to BrownMan for the video:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Edited by Aruwal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need to have 80 gems total or do you just need to find all the 38 gems? If it is the former is it even possible on any difficulty but easy? Since i already completed the game on normal, i found like 32 of the gems you posted did not count thoroughly and i missed like 13 gems total. And i used every white gem i found to purchase upgrades.

Do you need to have 80 gems total or do you just need to find all the 38 gems? If it is the former is it even possible on any difficulty but easy? Since i already completed the game on normal, i found like 32 of the gems you posted did not count thoroughly and i missed like 13 gems total. And i used every white gem i found to purchase upgrades.

You need all 80 for the achievement to unlock. The 38 hidden and the 42 you can purchase from Christopher's shop. It is possible to get the gems on all difficulties, but it takes a lot more work on Normal/Hard. Remember, 40% difference in cost from Easy to Normal is a lot.

Ok, so if i miss some of the gems and still get 80 you should be fine though right or do you need to find them all to?

There isn't more than 80 in the game, so if you miss one you have to replay the entire game on any difficulty.

You get this achievement when you have upgraded your last piece of red gem item.

I'm on act 5-2 atm (easy mode), and I bought red gems from the shop guy.

He still have more gems I could have bought if I needed it, so you can probably get this earlier than act 5-2.

Upgraded everything and it popped on the last red gem slot I upgraded.

So the red gems on act 5-3 isn't needed for me now.

Anyways, good luck with the achievement.

So in Act 2-3 regarding the 3 gems you get in the chandelier area. I'm confused/

Is that big spinning Skull thing the chandelier, and if so I was killing demons for around 10 minutes and they kept coming, do they eventually stop, or am I doing something completely wrong

There is a way to boost white crystals in places where the demons keep spawning until you proceed to the next area or kill a mini-boss. Don't kill demons outright, they drop only a couple crystals that way. Decapitate their legs and stomp on them with the execution move. That way you get at least 7-10 crystals per demon, i did this method while playing on Normal, and after i left the swamp area, i had enough to purchase at least ~10 red diamonds, took me some time, about 45-60mins but this is the fastest way i found to boost those white diamonds. Since on Easy red diamonds cost 40% less, this should be a cake walk.

Hope this helps for those that are having problems

Okay I have looked at all the guides and there are only 3 red gems listed for 4-3. Well the ones they have listed are correct but I have just found two more that are not listed in any guide. It is in the area right before you shoot that snail thing and follow him. The area Im talking about has like 3 walls you can blow up and inside these walls are a bunch of boxes and barrels. Well I found these two red gems in those rooms. WHy are they not listed? Im on hard playthrough but Im pretty sure these same two were in the easy playthrough as well.

Got this achievement even before setting foot in Act 5. Key to this achievement is too boost white diamonds on Easy. There will be 3 spots that are good for grinding these. 1st in the Cemetary where the statue errupts from the "X" mark, 2nd in the sewers, the same statue will emerge and there will be small pockets without Darkness, use them to bottleneck the demons, and pick them off one by one. And the last spot is in the swamp with the big lake, just be sure not to pick up the Strawberry, because the enemies will stop spawning. Also, don't kill them right away, shoot away their legs with Boner or Teethgrinder and do the Stomp Execution on them, gives a lot more White Diamonds then normally. Headshots also give a decent ammount of money, but not 100%

Good Luck!

Now all that's left for me is to finish the game on Hard, and i'm golden :)

Okay I have looked at all the guides and there are only 3 red gems listed for 4-3. Well the ones they have listed are correct but I have just found two more that are not listed in any guide. It is in the area right before you shoot that snail thing and follow him. The area Im talking about has like 3 walls you can blow up and inside these walls are a bunch of boxes and barrels. Well I found these two red gems in those rooms. WHy are they not listed? Im on hard playthrough but Im pretty sure these same two were in the easy playthrough as well.

I can confirm 1 extra red gem in the room with 3 walls(right before the boss fight) that you can blow up, behind the first wall (the gem is inside a crate). I didn't find a second one in that area though.

I can confirm 1 extra red gem in the room with 3 walls(right before the boss fight) that you can blow up, behind the first wall (the gem is inside a crate). I didn't find a second one in that area though.

Ya I got one in the second room and one again in the third. Rather than blow up one barrel at a time though I shoot the light barrel or use the hot boner to blow up several at a time. Dont know if that maes a difference. All I know is this game is glitchy as hell and seems that red gems do tend to spawn in places other than they were supposed to be in.

When does this achievement pop? Is it at the end of the game or as soon as I get the 80th gem? I used the guide and completed an easy run-through but ended the game short of 80 gems. I saved every white for reds and did a little bit of farming. I still came up 4 gems short.

We should also add a guideline telling players how many gems they should buy as they progress through the game. I was expecting a lot of white gems by the end but it just didn't happen.

Ya I got one in the second room and one again in the third. Rather than blow up one barrel at a time though I shoot the light barrel or use the hot boner to blow up several at a time. Dont know if that maes a difference. All I know is this game is glitchy as hell and seems that red gems do tend to spawn in places other than they were supposed to be in.

The charged light shot can also break things without wasting ammo if you aim it directly at the object.

This playthrough was on normal, so maybe higher difficulties add extra gems to compensate for the increased difficulty. I'm assuming this guide was made using the easy difficulty, so it makes me wonder if there's more hidden difficulty dependent red gems.

Even with all but one red gem and the 2 respawn glitches(7 extra) I still came up 12 red gems short on normal. The only one I missed was in 5-1(the one in the rotunda).

Though it didn't make a huge difference since reload speed was all I had left.

I would've needed 900 more white gems from one of the grinding spots.

For Act 2-3, the chandelier refers to the one Garcia swings on after the battle with the weird three-headed thing in the graveyard (You go to the map screen after the battle, but it's still Act 2-3). Slam into and kill every enemy and get every white gem, but be careful not to hit all the dark cores until you get them all. Some of the enemies are guys standing around on the rims of the area, while others are the Imps climbing around the walls. Some of the ones standing around may be hiding behind the pillars, so you should break those too.

When you think the coast is clear, head for the top and there should be three red gems waiting for you.

Edited by droginator

So you don't actually need to find all the hidden Red Gems? >_> Good to know. Wish I'd known it BEFORE I started chapter 3-1 over from the beginning because I'd missed Red Gem #11. Please, please, update the top of this thread so other unfortunates don't wind up wasting time because they think that missing even a single gem means you can't get the achievement... :(

But since I HAVE started the chapter over already... where the heck is #11? It just says 'side-tunnel near the beginning of Sewer', but I didn't find any side-tunnels. Well, I missed ONE, right after picking up a Strawberry and using it to open a gate, because I didn't realize that the gate would lock behind me... sometimes, it's really hard to figure out which is the side-path and which is the main-path.

Ok thx for the guide i really appretaite it but it seriously lacks any sort of descriptive aid, and bearing in mind if u miss one u play the whole game again then a little more detail would be nice such as :

11: In a side passage accessible at the start of the sewers; i would of added 'after u pick up the strawberry keep on going down there and its on the left'.

15: On lakeshore behind a fallen log; i would of added 'its the part when the bridge collapses and you are in the water/stream, its over on the far left'.

I've added some more detail to the guide, as well as the one glitched red gem I know of (which may or may not turn up, giving you 39 gems instead of 38). Any input on making the guide better, let me know.