Please, Please Help.

Park Diesel

I'm in Castle Prevant trying to collect the four keys. I understand what I have to do, the problem that I'm having is trying to use items. When I get to the dark areas, I go into the menu (back button), select "Items", scroll til I find "Sandstone", And press the "A" button. All but once, nothing happens other than a beep/buzz noise to indicate that I can't.

My question is, how do you use items in this game? What is the process to use them? Sometimes the items are in white type, sometimes in green type. What is the significance of this? I'm sure this is something small that I'm completely over-looking, but I need help please. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Park Diesel

Is that a typo or are you really selecting "Sandstone"? Sandstone is a material and can not be used in anything other than item creation. You should be using Sunstone, which you will find in Usable Items (as opposed to Materials). As to why some items are green & others are white, I still haven't figured that out.

Is that a typo or are you really selecting "Sandstone"? Sandstone is a material and can not be used in anything other than item creation. You should be using Sunstone, which you will find in Usable Items (as opposed to Materials). As to why some items are green & others are white, I still haven't figured that out.

Thank you. I don't know why I got hung up on "Sandstone" (my half retarded side I guess), when "Sunstone" makes sense and works. Too many hours playing to see a different perspective I guess. Anyways, thanks again.

I'm in Castle Prevant trying to collect the four keys. I understand what I have to do, the problem that I'm having is trying to use items. When I get to the dark areas, I go into the menu (back button), select "Items", scroll til I find "Sandstone", And press the "A" button. All but once, nothing happens other than a beep/buzz noise to indicate that I can't.

My question is, how do you use items in this game? What is the process to use them? Sometimes the items are in white type, sometimes in green type. What is the significance of this? I'm sure this is something small that I'm completely over-looking, but I need help please. Thanks in advance.

In your inventory there are 8 different slots that you're items are sorted into.

There are:

Usable Items

Food

Weapons

Armor

Accessories

Materials

Special Items

New Items

Any item in green is a 'new item', everytime you look at the new item page in your inventory then they all turn to white and the new item page clears itself. Also sandstone is a material and so not usable. It is used for IC.

Thank you. I've got a better understanding of it all now. At that point I had not been forced to use any items yet, and racing against the clock to save the prisoners just made it more frustrating (not to mention having to start over twice :(). Again though, thanks to both of you.

No problem.