Lack of stimpaks

I was in the same situation as you. Then I recognized myself about the possibility to craft Stimpaks with workbench ( in sink is one just next to the balcony door.

Text from Fallout WIKIA

A large number of Stimpaks can be obtained in the add-on Old World Blues, if you have a Science skill of 70 and a Survival skill of 25. Simply use the Biological research station to turn unused plants into Salient green, turn this into Broc Flower and Xander Root using a Hot plate, and then combine these with Empty syringes at a Workbench. You can get lots of Empty syringes by having Muggy break down Coffee Mugs.

Furthermore in the canyon of Old World Blues and especially around Ulysses Point you find a lot and i mean very many broc-Flowers and Xanders.

Hope that helps.

Waiting 3 days while in Big MT (not the Mojave) will restock the Sink CIU's inventory, which will more than likely have a couple stimpacks.

Note: I've heard that waiting inside the Sink does not count towards the CIU's restock time, but I have not been able to confirm it as I am planning on finishing Honest Hearts before starting OWB.

There are quite a few chem sets, I must have used about 7-9? Think they give you 5 each time.

I went in with around 180, on the last bit now and have about 100, used a load though, especially nearer the end with the stealth suit using them automatically.

Just read that method from the wiki above ^, sounds good, I got a bunch of salient green, but I sold all my empty syringes! I will get some more though, there's tonnes of coffee mugs about.

how the heck does he get syringes from coffee cups anyway

Well, I believe, that in BIG MT all the scientist are kind o junkies (mentats, psycho, buffout etc.), so it's most likely that they use a syringe instead of a coffee-spoon... ;)

Luckily I had 125 stimpaks before going, but it definitely did a number on my supply by the end. Anyway you can usually buy about 15 in The Sink and each building usually has a few chemistry sets around where if you have 25 science skill you can make 5 of them.

Also don't do what I did... which is use the proton axe to kill everything, it really does a number on your health.

Is there any reason you're only looking to use stimpacks? There's a TON of vending machines around the buildings, usually 2 which will net you 5+ Sunset Sarsaparillas and Nuka Colas. I know that carrying them around isn't exactly ideal, but it sure beats trying to live off of 10 stimpacks.

Also, make sure to pick all the plants and put them into the food processor. Once he grows his stock, pick everything and use those to make Salient Green. Then use the hotplate next to the processor and make prickly pear fruit as they heal the most HP and weigh very little.

Other sources of health would be dog meat from the cyber dogs and nightstalker tail. Again, not ideal to carry that much weight, but if that's what it takes to make it to the end, then that's what ya gotta do.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...