Secret Achievements Here.

discostu1337

Post any secret's you find!

Rock Maiden - 5G - You Created a female band member.

Warrior of Rock - 5G - You Created a male band member.

One Of A Kind Axe - 5G - You created your own custom guitar.

Custom Beats - 5G - You created your own custom drums.

Stamp of Approval - 5G - You created you own band logo.

Pumpkin Smasher - 10G - You rocked out as Billy Corgan.

The Dark Prince - 10G - You rocked out as Ozzy Osbourne.

The Experience - 10G - You rocked out as Jimi Hendrix.

Leading Lady - 10G - You rocked out as Hayley Williams.

Bad to the Bone - 10G - You rocked out as the Skeleton.

Wylde Man - 10G - You rocked out as Zakk Wylde.

Motorcity Madman - 10G - You rocked out as Ted Nugent.

Here's how I unlocked the characters:

Billy Corgan - Encountered playing guitar in BAND tour mode, then bought in store.

Ozzy Osbourne - Encountered playing SOLO vocals, then bought in store.

Hayley Williams - Encountered playing SOLO vocals, then bought in store.

Jimi Hendrix - Encountered on guitar in BAND tour mode, achievement unlocks during encore song.

Skeleton - Awarded for completing vocal tour (did expert but unsure if that matters)

Zakk Wylde - Encountered during SOLO guitar mode. You must battle him, then play an encore to unlock him. Purchase in the store.

Ted Nugent - Encountered during SOLO guitar mode. You must battle him, then play an encore to unlock him. Purchase in the store.

Sting - Encountered during SOLO Bass career, then purchased in store. He is useless though until someone proves otherwise :)

There do not appear to be any secrets for high scores/streaks/or 100% on any difficulty or in co-op...

Edited by discostu1337

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented that and co-op achievements didn't unlock for me. So I'll never get the 1000 on that game. :(

It wouldn't unlock b/c you either did it over xbox live, or you weren't the first player signed in.

Turn on no fail and go through the list with a second controller. Then go through and fail a song and it will unlock. Works for both the lead guitarist or bassist

Idk man i think Aerosmith will be the easiest, only took me 2 days.

In issue 88 of OXM someone at Activision was talking about how hard GH3 was, and was quoted as saying (paraphrasing here) that GHWT would be more like GH:A, and less like GH3.

I think the notecharting and the acheivements are going to be way easier than GH3... thank god.

EDIT: I found the mag, heres the quote:

"We've tried to ramp the difficulty better for this game," promises Bright. "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith shows the progress."

Edited by Dex

It wouldn't unlock b/c you either did it over xbox live, or you weren't the first player signed in.

Turn on no fail and go through the list with a second controller. Then go through and fail a song and it will unlock. Works for both the lead guitarist or bassist

Yeah I did it over live cause I was told you could. Apperently that was wrong. Oh well.

yeah the game is a lot easier, but some expert stuff is still brutal. We finished hard guitar/bass tour tonight without a problem tonight, and I could not have passed hard in GH3.
Could you tell me if the achievements are stackable eg you do hard you will get the easy and medium achievements ?

The last one could be playing as Travis on drums ^^ (my fav chara of the game)

So, this game looks wayyyy to easy. I thought they would at least put in some 5 star all songs on one instrument on expert. That would be nice and I had a lot of fun doing this on drums.

But yeah, no annoying online achievements. Well, this will be a one day-k if my mates can play the first day trough the tour mode.

For anyone who has the game and would be willing to submit some of the secret achievements to the site, that'd be fantastic. Just go to the Submit forum, and make certain to read the submission rules before you send anything in.

Doing it right... er, now. Got a few, hope it'll help. :D

EDIT: Just submitted a few of the above, plus:

Stamp Of Approval

Created your own band logo

5G

Yay me.

Edited by martTM

Got a quick question about this though...

To unlock characters, you must encounter them in Tour mode, and be playing their respective instruments. For example, playing guitar gets you Billy Corgan, but singing gets you Ozzy.

Is that 100% right? Because I've been playing guitar and although I've met Billy Corgan, he didn't unlock because there's no battle. I've just battled Zack Wylde though and he unlocked just fine. Is it that Corgan's a bass player, not a guitar player as you've said? Not being a big Pumpkins fan, I don't honestly know. I started rattling through bass career mode, but haven't met him yet to check...

Got a quick question about this though...

Is that 100% right? Because I've been playing guitar and although I've met Billy Corgan, he didn't unlock because there's no battle. I've just battled Zack Wylde though and he unlocked just fine. Is it that Corgan's a bass player, not a guitar player as you've said? Not being a big Pumpkins fan, I don't honestly know. I started rattling through bass career mode, but haven't met him yet to check...

Corgan doesn't play bass, or at least he didn't with Smashing Pumpkins, and wouldn't be more known as a bassist.

Corgan doesn't play bass, or at least he didn't with Smashing Pumpkins, and wouldn't be more known as a bassist.

Okay, cool... but that just makes it more confusing as to why he hasn't unlocked and as only a small handful of people here have the game already, I guess no-one can answer my problem. Oh well - I'll just go back to beating Ted Nugent instead. :D

Umm, Corgan unlocked playing band mode and I was on guitar. Zakk Wylde does not unlock as a secret character though, so I dunno what you're saying about that. He comes on stage, but that's it. He is not available to purchase, nor is he worth an achievement. Also, there are no 'battles" in this game, you just are able to purchase these people after you encounter them usually.

Sting is available to purchase, but does not get you an achievement which is lame.

Edited by discostu1337