Easy way to get Fearless

aliktherock

Yeah just thought I'd post this to help anyone out, wasn't finding the not dying bit hard, just sick of getting in the vehicle at stupid times so I came up with a new strategy.

Area 1 -3

Roll all the way to the end, just keep rolling, from what I gather you are immune whilst rolling so just roll all the way to the whale killing the grenade bunker guys along the way, the game luckily stops you with the grenade guys so you can't progress without clearing the screen, I guess anyone trying for this won't have a problem with the fixed camera clear out areas so give it a shot, took me less than 5 minutes to get from the start of area 1 to the end of area 3 then obviously a couple of minutes to kill the whale, don't stop even at area 2 when all chaos kicks off, just keep rolling and it should be a piece of pish.

Yeah man, only reason I tried it was because i was sick of getting to the whale and then getting in the vehicle by mistake whilst trying to dodge stuff so I thought it might be worth a shot to save time and voila, didn't lose a single life getting there, whilst rolling you appear to be immune as long as you keep going.

I wouldn't have posted it if it didn't work, obviously you don't roll straight forward but if you keep pressing it quickly using the diagonal directions you can easily get through all of the gun fire before it's even reached the middle of the screen.

This Achievement is fucking retarded. I can make up and past the whale without dying. That's not the hard part. The hardest part is not accidentally walking into the stupid vehicle respawn and firing off a bullet. Three times now I've done this Achievement and each time I haven't received because of an accidental misfire from the vehicle. Ugh.

If you're going to make an Achievement like this, then don't make the vehicle respawn happen right on top of me.

In Area 2+3 the rolling thing works quite well, but i dont get the achievement.

A few questions:

1)If you unlock the Achievement, when did it unlock? after it says "area 3 clear"?

2)Is it ok, if you die?

3) Are you allowed to move your vehicle a little bit(i.e. if you accidently push the stick after you died)?

In Area 2+3 the rolling thing works quite well, but i dont get the achievement.

A few questions:

1)If you unlock the Achievement, when did it unlock? after it says "area 3 clear"?

2)Is it ok, if you die?

3) Are you allowed to move your vehicle a little bit(i.e. if you accidently push the stick after you died)?

Finally i got the achievement and i can answear my questions myself.

1) yes, it unlocks after it says "area 3 clear".

2) yes, its ok.

3) no, youre not allowed to move your vehicle.

• 2 months later...
Yeah, a good tip is if you die just stop what you're doing. Otherwise you'll accidentally move or shoot right after you respawn in the vehicle.

I got to the end with all lives and a bonus life = 4 lives. And I was about to kill Moby less then 10%. I accidentally got in my vehicle and shot!!!! I pushed pause punched myself in the head repeatedly. I just finished because I was soooo mad, somehow I still got it. I bet it is finish on foot with more then 95% kills or maybe the boss doesn't count for being in your vehicle, don't know and I wouldn't want to try to figure it out.

Edited by DrPeterVenkman9

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This worked great. Keep rolling all the way up to the part where you're supposed to get out of the car and go up the narrow mountain pass. Once you're in the end of area 2 where you get ambushed, stay on the bridge and through grenades at the tank and shoot the guys on the left. Once you start area 3 keep rolling until you get to the whale. Do the boss normally and make sure you stay away from the car. Roll to get out of the way when boss shoots rockets and watch out for the red suicide guys.