Bowl Guide

SengIV

This is a complete list of all the bowls and how to get in. Plus the best way and easiest way to get the achievement.

Credit to wikipedia.org for the bowl requirements.

Rose Bowl:

Pac -10 vs. Big Ten

Fiesta Bowl:

Big 12 vs. At-Large

Orange Bowl:

ACC vs. Big East

Sugar Bowl:

SEC vs. At-Large

BCS Championship Game:

BCS #1 vs. BCS #2

Capital One Bowl:

Big Ten #2 vs. SEC #2

Gator Bowl:

ACC #3 vs. Big 12 #4 / Big East #2 / Notre Dame

AT&T Cotton Bowl:

Big 12 #2 vs. SEC #3/4/5

Outback Bowl:

Big Ten #3 vs. SEC #3/4/5

International Bowl:

Big East #4 vs. MAC #3

AutoZone Liberty Bowl:

C-USA #1 vs. SEC #6/7/8

Meineke Car Care Bowl:

ACC #6 vs. Big East #3

Chick-fil-A Bowl:

ACC #2 vs. SEC #3/4/5

Independence Bowl:

Big 12 #7 vs. SEC #6/7/8

Brut Sun Bowl:

Pac-10 #3 vs. Big 12 #5 / Big East #2 / Notre Dame

Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl:

ACC #5 vs. SEC #6/7/8

Pacific Life Holiday Bowl:

Big 12 #3 vs. Pac-10 #2

Edited by SengIV

Emerald Bowl:

ACC #7 vs. Pac-10 #4/5

Valero Alamo Bowl:

Big 12 #4/5 vs. Big Ten #4

Texas Bowl:

Big 12 #8 vs. Navy or C-USA #7

Roady's Humanitarian Bowl:

MWC #5 vs. WAC #1

Insight Bowl:

Big 12 #6 vs. Big Ten #6

Champs Sports Bowl:

ACC #4 vs. Big Ten #5

Motor City Bowl:

Big Ten #7 vs. MAC #1

Sheraton Hawaiʻi Bowl:

C-USA #2 vs. WAC #3 / Hawaiʻi

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl:

MWC #3/4 vs. C-USA #3

Maaco Bowl Las Vegas:

MWC Champion vs. Pac-10 #4/5

SDCCU Poinsettia Bowl:

MWC #2 vs. Pac-10 #6 or WAC #4

GMAC Bowl:

ACC #9 vs. MAC #2

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl:

C-USA #4 vs. Sun Belt Champion

PapaJohns.com Bowl :

Big East #5 vs. SEC #9

New Mexico Bowl :

MWC #3/4 vs. WAC #2

magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl :

Big East #6 vs. C-USA #5

EagleBank Bowl:

ACC #8 or MAC #4 vs. Army or C-USA #6

You can select only 12 teams to begin with. So start off by selecting the top 12 teams. Sim through the season. You should win at least 7 bowls this way. Mark them off your list.

Now for the next season look at the bowls you have remaining. Select teams from the above posts. (If it says MWC vs. Notre Dame select one of those, etc.) Do this for 12 teams, make sure not to repeat conferences and screw yourself over. Now see how many you win.

Repeat this until you have every bowl won.

Soon I will post after my first season who made it where in each bowl, maybe it will be a clue for everyone else.

Below is a video of a season with standard rosters, no stat edits. This shows what teams made it to what bowls. It might help you decide how to boost each bowl.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmMxjkI8WCk&feature=channel_page]YouTube - NCAA 10 Bowl Achievement Video[/ame]

Edited by SengIV

Easiest Method: (Brought to attention by JM1908)

Once you get to bowl season do not sim ANY BOWLS AT ALL!!! Instead play through every single bowl, 1 minute quarters, Freshman difficulty. Make sure to pick a CPU team when playing. Then you should have played and won every bowl, getting you the trophies and achievements.

Edited by SengIV

Just a little tip for everyone. When going for the achievement for all bowl and championship trophies just take one conference at a time. For instance. each conference doesn't have that many school in it. So you are able to choose all the school. By doing one conference at a time the bowls will come faster than you think. When you advance to bowl week 1 save your dynasty. Just sim one game at a time. If you win save both your profile and your dynasty. If you loose just reload your dynasty. I did this and it took me about 2-3 hours to get all bowl and championship trophies. Also, if you win the same bowl over and over just go into your trophy case and choose the duplicate trophy. Press A to get more info on the trophy. I blieve its Y to remove the trophy from your case. You might want to do this every now and then because your trophy case can because full.

I used the above mentioned method and I was able to win about 4-8 bowls each dynasty year.

Also using the above mentioned method I was able to knock out the championship trophies while doing the bowls at the same time. Which will make it easier and faster to get the achievement.

Edited by dethklok

Just a little tip for everyone. When going for the achievement for all bowl and championship trophies just take one conference at a time. For instance. each conference doesn't have that many school in it. So you are able to choose all the school. By doing one conference at a time the bowls will come faster than you think. When you advance to bowl week 1 save your dynasty. Just sim one game at a time. If you win save both your profile and your dynasty. If you loose just reload your dynasty. I did this and it took me about 2-3 hours to get all bowl and championship trophies. Also, if you win the same bowl over and over just go into your trophy case and choose the duplicate trophy. Press A to get more info on the trophy. I blieve its Y to remove the trophy from your case. You might want to do this every now and then because your trophy case can because full.

I used the above mentioned method and I was able to win about 4-8 bowls each dynasty year.

Also using the above mentioned method I was able to knock out the championship trophies while doing the bowls at the same time. Which will make it easier and faster to get the achievement.

That made no since what so ever.

Actually dethklok your post makes quite a bit of SENSE, that's if one already understands the how the bowl system works in NCAA football of course. The only thing I need a little clarification on is when you talk of the trophy case. So are you saying then you could have more than 1 Motor City Bowl trophy in your trophy case and that it actually takes up "space" in the case that would not allow you to earn other trophies and you need to make sure and remove all but 1 of that particualr bowl trophy from your case?

Actually dethklok your post makes quite a bit of SENSE, that's if one already understands the how the bowl system works in NCAA football of course. The only thing I need a little clarification on is when you talk of the trophy case. So are you saying then you could have more than 1 Motor City Bowl trophy in your trophy case and that it actually takes up "space" in the case that would not allow you to earn other trophies and you need to make sure and remove all but 1 of that particualr bowl trophy from your case?

I will explain in full detail once I get this Bowl Guide finsihed.

All you have to do is at the end of the season is play OR super sim every bowl game. Just make sure you win all the games and you will get this achievement. I just played the New Mexico Bowl and after winning it I got the trophy for my trophy case. So you will only need one dynasty for this achievement, hopefully.

Edited by Bishop24

You have to play as the winning team...you can supersim but you have to win to get the trophy
you can actually sim the game without going into the game to supersim. Thats how I got my achievement so I can verify that you can sim from the schedule screen.

To get the bowl trophies faster:

You can only pick 12 teams to play as. Press LT to sort by conferences. Each conference does not have more than 12 teams. Just do one conference at a time. This will ensure that all 12 (or how many teams you picked to play as) will get into a bowl game. When you get to bowl week 1 save your dynasty. Sim each bowl game one of your team plays in from the schedule screen. If they win press down on the LS to save. Save both dynasty and profile. If you loose just reload the save. Once your done with all the the bowl games exit the dynasty. Now go into your trophy case. If you have more then 1 of the same trophy you will need to remove it from your trophy case. The case can indeed become full. I have had a million messages saying "can not add trophy because your case is full". All you have to do is press A to get info on the trophy. You will see on the bottom of the screen that you can press Y to remove the duplicate trophy. To prevent this from happening only play the bowl games you need the trophy for. While using this method you will also get the trophies for the conferences since you picked all the teams in the conference. It doesnt matter who wins or looses since you chosen all the teams in that conference ;)

If people dont believe me about the case becoming full I will gladly take a pic and upload it to imageshack and post it on here

Edited by dethklok

you can actually sim the game without going into the game to supersim. Thats how I got my achievement so I can verify that you can sim from the schedule screen.

To get the bowl trophies faster:

You can only pick 12 teams to play as. Press LT to sort by conferences. Each conference does not have more than 12 teams. Just do one conference at a time. This will ensure that all 12 (or how many teams you picked to play as) will get into a bowl game. When you get to bowl week 1 save your dynasty. Sim each bowl game one of your team plays in from the schedule screen. If they win press down on the LS to save. Save both dynasty and profile. If you loose just reload the save. Once your done with all the the bowl games exit the dynasty. Now go into your trophy case. If you have more then 1 of the same trophy you will need to remove it from your trophy case. The case can indeed become full. I have had a million messages saying "can not add trophy because your case is full". All you have to do is press A to get info on the trophy. You will see on the bottom of the screen that you can press Y to remove the duplicate trophy. To prevent this from happening only play the bowl games you need the trophy for. While using this method you will also get the trophies for the conferences since you picked all the teams in the conference. It doesnt matter who wins or looses since you chosen all the teams in that conference ;)

If people dont believe me about the case becoming full I will gladly take a pic and upload it to imageshack and post it on here

still hardly makes any sense at all put it like

1st you blah blah

2nd you blah blah

3rd u blah blah

and last blahblah

then repat

instead of one huge paragraph

Why not just set your dynasty to 1 minute quarters, then play a game. Save if you win, then continue on down the line until you've unlocked them all? Wouldn't that be the fastest and easiest way to get them all? I know what dethklok is getting at, but I'd get annoyed having to sim and resim and resim a game that just isn't winable plus having to "manage" your trophy case (which is a joke anyways, since schools really take bowl trophies off of display).

The point of using dethklok's method is that there are 34 different bowls, each with different affiliations to different conferences. An SEC team could potentially go to like 6 or 7 bowl games, and that's before you count the 4 BCS bowls and the national championship game.

By selecting every team in a conference and simming the entire season, you'll definitely have control of all the teams from that conference that made a bowl game, which would mean you are automatically going to be able to control a team in every bowl that conference as an affiliation with.

For instance, on your first go through, if you do the SEC, and you pick all 12 sec teams for your control on a new dynasty, sim the whole season. It doesn't matter how the season turns out, you're going to have user controlled teams in most of the following bowls: Capital One, Cotton, Outback, Liberty, Chik-Fil-A, Independence, Music City, Papa Johns, and either the Sugar or National Championship.

dethklok has suggested simming all these games, but you could also play them all. On Varsity of Freshman difficulty it should be real easy to win them all, and on 1 minute quarters, it may even go faster than the constant reloading that simming would require.

Now, I have an alternative theory--what about online dynasty? Can the commissioner of an online dynasty change any players team at any time? So what if you put the online dynasty to freshman difficulty, 1 minute quarters, and simmed the entire regular season, then one by one switched your team to a team in the first bowl game that's up, won the game, then switched teams. Then you could get it all done in one season's worth of simming. I don't know if this method would work or not though.

That is if you are controlling one of the teams in the bowl game. He was talking about a CPU vs. CPU game and taking control of one of them.

The point of using dethklok's method is that there are 34 different bowls, each with different affiliations to different conferences. An SEC team could potentially go to like 6 or 7 bowl games, and that's before you count the 4 BCS bowls and the national championship game.

By selecting every team in a conference and simming the entire season, you'll definitely have control of all the teams from that conference that made a bowl game, which would mean you are automatically going to be able to control a team in every bowl that conference as an affiliation with.

For instance, on your first go through, if you do the SEC, and you pick all 12 sec teams for your control on a new dynasty, sim the whole season. It doesn't matter how the season turns out, you're going to have user controlled teams in most of the following bowls: Capital One, Cotton, Outback, Liberty, Chik-Fil-A, Independence, Music City, Papa Johns, and either the Sugar or National Championship.

dethklok has suggested simming all these games, but you could also play them all. On Varsity of Freshman difficulty it should be real easy to win them all, and on 1 minute quarters, it may even go faster than the constant reloading that simming would require.

Now, I have an alternative theory--what about online dynasty? Can the commissioner of an online dynasty change any players team at any time? So what if you put the online dynasty to freshman difficulty, 1 minute quarters, and simmed the entire regular season, then one by one switched your team to a team in the first bowl game that's up, won the game, then switched teams. Then you could get it all done in one season's worth of simming. I don't know if this method would work or not though.

think i get it now ill give it a try its the last achievements a need except for skills,sportsmenship,and statgey achievements