Survivor Achievement Glitched?

oo noxious oo

I got my cheevo first time, played through once and got all 12 achievements no problems. Survivor really isn't hard at all, I would suggest anyone who hasn't started this yet to start on survivor straight away, only takes about 6hrs to run through grabbing all the other achievements on the way.

Just finished the second time. I did it on Survivor this time and unlocked the achievement with no problem. I didn't change the mode during the game. I didn't steal resources. I don't know if this helps those players who may have problem with unlocking this achievement. I hope it does. Anyway - 12/12 200/200.

Very nice game.

Just finished playthrough one on Survivor, no achievement either.

I really hate games that don't have stackable difficulty achievements as I usually opt to the hardest difficulty from the beginning. Same reason why I still have yet ANOTHER playthrough of Deadly Premonition to do before I can 1000 that...

Oh well, at least I Am Alive is a short game...

Survivor will only pop on your 2nd playthrough, so you might as well play through on Normal first. If you play through on Hardcore for the first time, you will get the game complete achievement but not Survivor, that will pop when you play through on Hardcore again.

Survivor will only pop on your 2nd playthrough, so you might as well play through on Normal first. If you play through on Hardcore for the first time, you will get the game complete achievement but not Survivor, that will pop when you play through on Hardcore again.

Really? Because it popped on my first and only playthrough.

Then how do you explain me and a bunch of others getting it on our first playthroughs like it should? they give us an option to play on survivor right away so people should expect to see it pop at the end. the truth is some of you did something to mess up your achievement and others are just unlucky period and have to play again.

so please dont try to pass your info off as fact.

definitly wrong ;)

regards

Well obviously it's not a concrete fact then, but the overwhelming evidence suggests that attempting to beat the game on Hardcore first try can lead to the achievement not unlocking.

There may be exceptions to the rule but for now it seems like it's safer to just play on Normal once then again on Hardcore if you don't want to go through the pain of playing on Hardcore twice. I haven't seen a single complaint of the achievement not unlocking after the second playthrough.

Also I think it's a bit ignorant to accuse everyone who is having problems with the achievement of having 'not done it properly' or implying that it's their fault in some way. When such a large number of people are reporting problems with it, it's far more likely the achievement is glitchy than that they've done it wrong.

Just finished my second playthrough. My first was Normal, second was Survivor. Got the achievement no problem. I guess doing Survivor first is a bad idea where the cheevo is concerned. Survivor isn't even hard and not really that much more than Normal is.

I finished my Survivor playthough with an absolutely massive amount of stuff left, and like 18 Retry's so yeah, it's piss.