Cant play : Crashes when booting

Arsenic 17

I know this is an issue for some folks on almost every game out there. Some games for one reason or another will go into this mode where they crash EVERY time that you try and load them up. This is the case with Asphalt 7 for me now. Cant load up the game at all. Oh well. It crashes 100% when I tap the screen when it say "Push the screen to continue" or something like that.

Anyone ever had this for another game and know how to fix it. I am sure a complete reinstall would fix it, but I do not want to lose my progress, even though I never got too too far in. Anyone know if it saves on the cloud at all and deleting the game and reinstalling would save my progress?

Thanks for any help guys

EDIT: BTW, it has been doing this for a couple weeks now. I have restarted my phone many times, tried launching with airplane mode on, and at night and day, as well as from the games hub and from the live tile. no go on any front.

i cant get my game to start either today just crashes on the loading screen before the main menu, has yours worked since? Not sure what's changed ???

My game hasnt worked for at least two weeks. I have tried launching it most days, some times a few times per day. Never works. Not sure what to do...besides playing my other games which dont do this... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Now its the same faggitry for me :/ and im only like a million away from completing it, even did the new update :( im a bit sad and frustrated now because i played this Game so much lately.

Edit: disregard that, im done :) its possible

Edited by gladbecker82

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, the "game" crashes at launch :(

I played through about 10 cups, than crashed a couple times: I had to win some races again, it resets the challenges (for example I had 14/15 near misses, after the crash I had 0/15)... and the top of that, now I can't start the game, because it crashes 100% when I tap the starting screen :( it has been doing this for a couple days now.

Fyi: my phone is Lumia 820.

I have the same issue, the "game" crashes at launch :(

I played through about 10 cups, than crashed a couple times: I had to win some races again, it resets the challenges (for example I had 14/15 near misses, after the crash I had 0/15)... and the top of that, now I can't start the game, because it crashes 100% when I tap the starting screen :( it has been doing this for a couple days now.

Fyi: my phone is Lumia 820.

my game did it for a month or more. Recently I tried the game and it works again. Weird.

So reading these posts and going by my own experiences, it seems to be that it's the Nokia phones which are suffering with crashing. I have a Lumia 920 and my game has just crashed and now I can’t play it at all.

I have also read reviews for this and other games [Hydro Thunder most recently] on the Windows Marketplace via the phone and most people who have issues have one of the Nokia phones.

I'm just interested to know whether other people have had issues with this and other games but don't own a Nokia.

• 3 months later...

Since most of Gameloft's Windows 8 Phone Games are broken like s*** and they have no plans to fix the crashes on them, the only work around to get all the achievements on Windows Phone version is to buy Windows 8 PC version of Asphalt 7. Restore your save from Asphalt Tracker (Cloud) from there and finish off the achievements from there.After you completed the achievements list, backup your save from PC version with Asphalt Tracker, reinstall Asphalt 7 on your Windows Phone and then touch Asphalt Tracker for last time and bang. You got 400 Gamerscore for Asphalt 7.

Since most of Gameloft's Windows 8 Phone Games are broken like s*** and they have no plans to fix the crashes on them, the only work around to get all the achievements on Windows Phone version is to buy Windows 8 PC version of Asphalt 7. Restore your save from Asphalt Tracker (Cloud) from there and finish off the achievements from there.After you completed the achievements list, backup your save from PC version with Asphalt Tracker, reinstall Asphalt 7 on your Windows Phone and then touch Asphalt Tracker for last time and bang. You got 400 Gamerscore for Asphalt 7.

Actually the reinstall doesnt fix the crashing. It makes no sense. Mine jsut fixed itself naturally after two or three months.

This game is so broken. It usually crashes on boot up. If it does boot up, it crashes as soon as I load the Asphalt Tracker. If I actually get to run a race, it'll often crash at the end of the race, after the results but before saving, so it doesn't save the progress. And this is all after they've already updated it once...lame. Tempted to just pick up the Win8 one and play it there, then hope I can get them to sync at some point. Just getting too frustrating to bother with on the WP.

• 1 month later...

Are people still having this problem?

I decided to play this after playing the W8 version for a bit and it kept crashing. I noticed there was a title update for it so I downloaded it, 512 MB.

Still keeps crashing... Should I delete and redownload the entire game?

Edit: I uninstalled the game and am now redownloading, will report back later lol...

Okay, well that worked but now my achievements won't sync...

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

• 1 month later...