JOE LIVES (possibly)

damtalldylan

If you watch the ending again, you notice he tucks his gun in his belt before he gets in the car. So he could possibly sense something wrong and shoot the guys in the car & get away.

SKIP TO 1:55 and watch the lower left corner

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-VcmPM8NdY]YouTube - ‪Mafia II PC "ENDING SCENE" (Chapter 15 cutscenes) GTX470 (Max Detail, Physx Max) 1080p!‬‏[/ame]

sorry, I put it up, realised the spoiler, and couldn't edit it. Im really sorry.

Well, alright, at least you apologized and didn't flip out back at me like some people would.

I was just upset because I hate getting things ruined especially since I like this game. But I just finished the game and I don't know, I'd like to think he lives.

Well considering no one really knows what happened to him is it really a spoiler??

Well, it sort of is. Saying he "possibly lives" can make someone who hadn't finished the game think that Joe gets shot, or something similar.

While bad things happening to people in this game isn't uncommon, it still gave away the fact that something bad happens to Joe.

Since I hadn't finished the game, I wasn't exactly supposed to know that it was some sort of ambiguous event.

• 1 month later...

Possible but unlikely, as there were two or three guys in there with Joe.

And if he did kill them he would most likely have Vinci and the Chinese Mafia go after him, since he wasn't part of the 'deal' and the Chinese wanted to see blood. Which means that he probably would have been stopped before the airport or trainstation or whatever he wanted to use to flee. If he managed to flee he most likely would have a contract on his head and die anyway.

Also did you guys really like this game? I mean the story is kind of terrible in my opinion, and it's important to me:

[spoiler=lol]He has nothing, he gets money, he loses it/gives it away resulting in he has nothing, he gets money, he loses it/gives it away resulting in he has nothing, he gets money, he loses it/gives it away resulting in he has nothing. This is the way the whole story goes. Poor-Rich-Poor-Rich-Poor.

there's no proof that henry was a rat, just the word of a triad

my guess is henry was set up, (more then likely by falcone) for stepping into the drug buisness. it was never explained who the fake cops were sent by after the deal with the triads was done...my theory is that falcone or one of the under bosses was watching henry closely, after he failed his hitman contract, and when word got round that he was trying to take a slice of the drug buisness, falcone wanted him out of the way...sending the fake cops, and when that failed, he dropped word that henry was a rat, then confronted henry about him selling the drugs, so he could get his take..then henry was killed...so he gets rid of his competion, and gets his money in the end.

So falcones men burned the triad warehouse? Makes more sense for the Feds to do that

Feds dont wear mob shoes;) Also, burning down a drug warehouse eliminates all that stuff called "evidence" which is crucial to anything dealing with a federal investigation.

That, and why would Henry mention that they werent real cops when he noticed? If they were feds and he was working with them, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Honestly, aside from the asian guy saying he was, there is nothing else pointing to it. Sure his "contact" in the DEA said he was an informant, but Falcone or anyone could have easily paid someone in the agency to say that. Anyone can be bought...

Feds dont wear mob shoes;) Also, burning down a drug warehouse eliminates all that stuff called "evidence" which is crucial to anything dealing with a federal investigation.

That, and why would Henry mention that they werent real cops when he noticed? If they were feds and he was working with them, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Honestly, aside from the asian guy saying he was, there is nothing else pointing to it. Sure his "contact" in the DEA said he was an informant, but Falcone or anyone could have easily paid someone in the agency to say that. Anyone can be bought...

this is true

• 1 month later...

Well spotted.

Looking at the scene in detail; the car only has two of Vinci's goons inside. Joe Barbaro vs 2 button-men; clearly an unfair contest if you know anything about Joe. Joe's fate is up to the fans to debate over and for 2K to decide on. I suppose we will just have to wait until Mafia III for that. Just look what happened in the first Mafia. Tommy's death scene alone became a prominent scene in both Mafia I and Mafia II. Having the same death scene return in the squeal could mean that the death scene of Joe could very well go a similar direction in Mafia III and teach us much more about it as did Tommy's death scene.

• 4 weeks later...
Well spotted.

Looking at the scene in detail; the car only has two of Vinci's goons inside. Joe Barbaro vs 2 button-men; clearly an unfair contest if you know anything about Joe. Joe's fate is up to the fans to debate over and for 2K to decide on. I suppose we will just have to wait until Mafia III for that. Just look what happened in the first Mafia. Tommy's death scene alone became a prominent scene in both Mafia I and Mafia II. Having the same death scene return in the squeal could mean that the death scene of Joe could very well go a similar direction in Mafia III and teach us much more about it as did Tommy's death scene.

I hate to reply to a thread that started on a sour note due to possible spoilerism, but given how far along it's gotten...

[spoiler=spoiler]I dunno. The possibility of Joe surviving seems to be out of the theme this game tried to set. The whole thing seemed to be about the degenerative effect the life depicted has on people. Joe and Vito could have been good people, if highly flawed, but Vito was somewhat impressionable, and Joe...was just Joe. Along the way, Vito lost his mom while in prison for the kind of thing that she desperately wanted him to avoid, he became isolated from his sister, had lost his father to the same kind of thing he had become a part of before the story even properly began, had all kinds of blood on his hands, and then the ending (which I thought was kind of brilliant) ended with Vito losing, all but forced to give up, his best friend. I think his (Vito's) expression said everything.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Someone should change this topic title because its a total spoiler for anyone with half a brain. I haven't played the game and came here to grab an achievement guide and saw the topic title...

Nearly a year later and this was a spoiler for me.

WTH, OP? How did you NOT see how thread title would be a problem?

:(

You both seen the title as a spoiler yet you both clicked on the spoiler thread n posted a comment about it being said spoiler? How does that make any sense?