Filling out every 'room' to get 200.6%!!!

Hi everyone,

Since you've all been so nice to help out everyone else, I thought I'd try my luck as well.

I have 200.5%, but the last room is evading me. I've tried pouring over maps and comparing them to what I have but I can't see what I've missed. If someone would take the time to have a look and see if they can spot it, I'd be grateful.

I'm at work right now so I can't post a pic, but it's in the Normal castle near where you'd fight Shaft if it was the Inverted castle- the outline around the middle of the castle should be symmetrical, you'll notice in the top-right of this middle shape you're missing a room- hope that isn't too vague a description, let me know if it is and I'll try again!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I too have this .1% eluding me quite well... here are pictures of my map

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/pleasuret0kill/sotn1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/pleasuret0kill/sotn2.jpg

can anyone see what it is i'm missing? this is driving me nuts! lol thanks

If it is any help, I am at 1889 rooms... x_x

Edited by Shinobi273

• 3 weeks later...
Been stuck at 200.1% for ages. I've compared finished maps to mine, and I just can't see the differences. I'm at 1885 rooms, if that helps.

Would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks so much

Here you go man, three rooms next to each other in the Normal castle and then you'll get the final two rooms when you fight Shaft:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z81/didi_mau/ReplicaNormal.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z81/didi_mau/ReplicaInverted.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/sam2801.jpg/

Was wondering what room I'm missing. I know I'm only missing one, just for the life of me can't find it.

I'm at work at the moment so I can't post a photo, but it's half of a two-room corridor that you're missing. Looking from the left side of the castle where you have the zigzag shape (with all the stairs and skulls), there's a save room to the right- under that save room is a corridor you're missing a part of (should be the collosseum I believe).

Let me know if I'm being too vague on the directions and I'll give it another go haha :p

I'm at work at the moment so I can't post a photo, but it's half of a two-room corridor that you're missing. Looking from the left side of the castle where you have the zigzag shape (with all the stairs and skulls), there's a save room to the right- under that save room is a corridor you're missing a part of (should be the collosseum I believe).

Let me know if I'm being too vague on the directions and I'll give it another go haha :p

I got it :woop: Thanks a ton. I don't think I would have ever found that room. Now to tackle the inverted castle :3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

98% before going under the clock room in the normal castle. Now, I'm at 1889 rooms looking for the last one. It's so much easier looking at the above pics and compare.

Oops!! I must have died before saving. I missed the top room in the normal castle after Richter. Thanks so much.

Edited by Fester
Found last room

Had 200.5% for a good amount of hours and after checking my maps i couldn't really find anything. Then i also checked my Select screen and i had 1890 rooms so got a bit confused, so started walking around in every room and got the achievement in a normal view castle save room i allready had been in but never used since it was close to another one. Didn't get it when i entered the room but once i stepped into the middle of it. Maybe this is common sense for most people but just figured i'd throw it out there again if someone else ends up in the same situation as me and is new to the game like i am/was.

i had such a pain with this achievement i was stuck at 200.3 with boss room taken controll of i ended up glitching through the floor to get mine XD

i found an interactive guide for this achievement which helped a ton for most areas till i got close to being finnisehd and couldnt figure out what i missed

Edited by Shinobi273

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to find my last 3 rooms for about 2 hours now, and I think I'm bout ready to give up.

I'm 99.9% sure I got all the rooms in the Normal Castle. So all 3 should be in the Inverted Castle.

If anybody would take a quick look I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance!

Inverted Map:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj177/89W/004.jpg

Edited by ZombiesWorld

• 2 months later...

So........ according to this speed run the room I seek is suppose to be open. While during my play it isn't. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=romsRF6iyWE]Castlevania Symphony of the Night 200.6% speed run no damage part 1 of 2 (100.1%) - YouTube[/ame] .... that's the link for the speed run I saw online. At 33:53 into it it shows the wall broken. Does it magically repair itself later and maybe I am just S.O.L. unless I make another play through?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

turns out this particular room is ( between both maps ) 2 of the 3 rooms I need.

It's a weird secret room, with bizarre opening requirements:

I always do it by going through the tunnel/cave in wolf form, then transforming into a bat and going back through the tunnel (maybe bat first, then wolf...I can't remember off the top of my head). You won't have to leave the room, just go down to where the mermen are and the entrance should be open.

There's other methods I believe, but I don't know of them because the above has always been reliable. I have absolutely no idea how they expect us to figure that out, haha- hooray for the internet! :p

You can see in that speedrun vid that he goes through the tunnel in wolf form, but doesn't need to go back through it as a bat- try both methods and one's bound to work.

Yeah... ended up finding that. Now I am left with 200.5% and have quadruple checked the maps... I have all the rooms. I have gone into all the save rooms again and saved my progress as another guy said that ended up being his issue. I am just really stumped on this one. Also, I just can't pull off the Sword Familiar spell. My sword is at lvl 52. The way I am reading it is i do; down - down,right - right - right,up - up ( hold for 2 seconds ) - down + x ... has anyone seen a video of someone showing how to do it with their hands???

• 3 weeks later...