question about battle packs

Swifterz

so we got skylanders giants for my almost 7 year old for christmas. he loves it of course, but i never expected to be as into it as i am as well.

being that we started with giants, having never played spyro's adventures, i have a question.

if i get an "adventure pack" or "battle pack", once i place the figure (non character) on the portal, do i then have the arena or level for good, i.e. i don't need the figure anymore? or do i have to put it back on to play that level or arena every time?

thanks!

Edited by Swifterz

the ones we have are:

tree rex

camo

crusher

terrafin

gill grunt

swarm

jet-vac

warnado

cynder

chop chop

ignitor

eruptor

pop fizz

drobot

by my calculation, we have 5 of the elements covered for backwards compatibility with spyro's adventures, with the exceptions being the ones that come with it: spyro (magic), trigger happy (tech), and gill grunt (water).

he really wants prism break, chill, flame slinger, and at the top of my list is ghost roaster! but he seems to cost a small fortune.

Adventure Packs came out with the first Skylanders game and each one unlocks a level in the game, 4 total packs. They can also be used with Giants. These only need to be placed on the portal once.

Battle Packs come with a weapon that follows you for a short period of time and helps kill enemies. These have to be placed on the portal each time.

Also to note, the Adventure packs can be placed on the portal during normal gameplay to unleash a blast that damages all enemies on the screen. They can be used only once per level.

As for Ghost Roaster's rarity, it's because they haven't made the Darklight Crypt packs for quite some time. When the first game came out, the case distribution for Adventure packs was 3 Darklight Crypts and 3 Pirate Seas. After Empire of Ice came out, it switched to two of each, and when Dragon's Peak released, instead of having all packs represented, they dropped the Crypt to make room.

In any case, you're not missing much for Ghost Roaster himself, but the Crypt is considered the best level out of the adventure packs.