Darksiders 2 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

Nothing is missable because you can go back and find all the collectibles/side quests before you start NG+. However, as mentioned in the guide, the achievement to equip an elite armor piece to each slot can become a tedious grind if you don't do it by the end of the game and sell all of your equipment.

As for the hours stated to get 1000 GS in the game, I would say 30-35 hours is very accurate. I think it took me around 31 hours total

Not true, I've got one missable coin I can't get because of the guy that throws you over the wall no longer helps ):

Coin 35 in the videos.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another question about:

Mass Ruckus 10

Equip elite items to all slots

There are a total of 7 slots you need to equip elite armor on. Elite armor items have a purple font color.

are these items dropped? and are all items with purple text elite? they dont have to have elite in the name?

reason i asked, is that i havent purchased one but i have a purple item in all but one (think the gloves). so if i happen to buy and it comes up the gloves and equip it the cheave should pop?

tygers description seems to imply it should be harder.

another question about:

are these items dropped? and are all items with purple text elite? they dont have to have elite in the name?

reason i asked, is that i havent purchased one but i have a purple item in all but one (think the gloves). so if i happen to buy and it comes up the gloves and equip it the cheave should pop?

tygers description seems to imply it should be harder.

Yes, all purple texted items are Elite items. ;)

The way I did it: I saved, bought the necessary items, equipped them, got the cheevo and quit the game. So I didn't lose any money. :D

what is nightmare mode? i beat the game but didn´t start a NG+ yet because i wanted to do the sidequests first.

from what i can read many people are playing this mode. is it higher than apocalyptic? is there any advantage?

It's the same thing as Apocalyptic except you only get one life. If you die in combat then it erases your save and you have to start over from the beginning. You get absolutely nothing for completing it and (as far as everyone knows) nothing changes at all. It's stupid. Oh and you can't do a NG+ Nightmare playthrough. So if you're thinking of starting it you'll have to start at level 1.

just a quick question im following your excellent walkthrough/collectables but it seems to of stopped at the Judicator's Tomb for the last 3 days and was wondering when it would start again/ get finished as i dont want to carry on without it and miss loads of stuff and hav to go back. Its a fantastic guide and must be a really hard guide to write so although i am pushing u i fully understand but could u post what u got plz.

It's the same thing as Apocalyptic except you only get one life. If you die in combat then it erases your save and you have to start over from the beginning. You get absolutely nothing for completing it and (as far as everyone knows) nothing changes at all. It's stupid. Oh and you can't do a NG+ Nightmare playthrough. So if you're thinking of starting it you'll have to start at level 1.

well now i am not thinking of starting it on nightmare, i´ll go with apocalyptic instead.

thanks.

Epic!

Death Reaches Level 30

Capped at level 22 on your first playthrough. Any EXP gathered after this will not count or carry over to your NG+.

Once on NG+, and if you did everything in your 1st playthrough, just do the main missions and you should hit level 30 by the time you get to Samaels place.

Abracadabra

Open all Death Tombs

#1: Outside The Lost Temple - Forge Lands

#2: Basement level #4 of the Lair of The Deposed King - Kingdom of the Dead

#3: Lostlight (Main route)

#4: Shadow's Edge (Main route)

I've Brought You A Gift

Defeat the Soul Arbiter

Part of the Chancellor’s Side Quest "Chancellor’s Quarry". You'll need all 20 of the Arbiters notes/scroll to make it through the maze, or follow the below.

Level 1: N,W

Secret: S,E

Level 2: E,S,N

Secret: N,N

Level 3: W,E,N,N

Secret: N,S,E

Level 4: E,W,N,S

Secret: W,E,N

Level 5: W,W,N,E

Secret: W,N,S

Level 6: S,E,E,N,N

Secret: E,E,E,S

Level 7: S,W,E,E,E

Secret: S,S,W,N,N

Level 8: N,W,N,W,E

Secret: N,S,S,E,N

Level 9: E,N,E,N,S

Secret: S,W,E,E,N

Level 10: W,E,N,S,W

Secret: N,S,E,W

Like a Noss

Defeat the four creatures named by Thane

Bheithir: The Nook. Will need the Deathgrip

Gorewood: The Weeping Crag

Achidna: Story related.

Deposed King: Lair of The Deposed King - Keep the weapon he drops! Very useful!

Gnomad

Complete GnoMAD

Total of 4 hidden Gnome statues in the game. You will need all/most of the ability item.

#1: Kingdom of the Dead - City of the Dead (Floor #4)

#2: Lostlight - The Ivory Citadel (Floor #3)

#3: The Forge Lands - The Weeping Crag (Floor #3)

#4: Shadow's Edge - The Black Stone (Floor #1)

Edited by Nozza

So I finished the Soul Arbiters Maze turned in the quest. Got the reward leveled up and forgot I could put a point in my 20 slot so before the game saved I quit. When I selected continue and went to turn the quest in it will not let me turn it in anymore and is greyed out on my quest log like it is complete but not. The problem is now I have no clue if I will get the achievement for finishing all side quest. Go DAMN IT!!!! I really don't want to take the time to get all collectibles just to not get the completing all side quest achievement to have to turn around and do it ALL OVER.

Edited by Nazuku

Hi,

I just finished the game on Normal (first play through) and it asked me if i wanted to do NG+ (press yes) or go finish side quests (press no) so i pressed yes as i have done all side quests, and followed the only options i had to start a new game, and it threw me straight into the game with out prompting me to change the difficulty setting up to apocalyptic.

Did i miss something? or do i have up until a certain point to change the difficulty, kinda like Mass effect 1, u had to change it before you left Eden Prime, after that it was too late.

Hi,

I just finished the game on Normal (first play through) and it asked me if i wanted to do NG+ (press yes) or go finish side quests (press no) so i pressed yes as i have done all side quests, and followed the only options i had to start a new game, and it threw me straight into the game with out prompting me to change the difficulty setting up to apocalyptic.

Did i miss something? or do i have up until a certain point to change the difficulty, kinda like Mass effect 1, u had to change it before you left Eden Prime, after that it was too late.

When you load the save to start the NG+ you had the opportunity to change it on the screen where you adjust the brightness. It seems like several people overlooked it. If you already started the NG+ on a lower difficulty, then I think you'll have to start over to do Apocalyptic. Unless you have a backup save from before you started it. Then you're good. Hopefully that's not the case since I'd hate for someone to lose all their progress like that. Let us know if you get it sorted out. :)

:( i didnt see that option lol, pretty sure im gonna have to either start at lvl 1 on apocalypse or play again as i am, then again a third time on apoc lol im thinking maybe if i do it as i am, just rush through it (since i have done all side quests, i need level 30 any way so ill get that in the process, then do it a third time on apoc. any one else have any opinions? i dont think i can roll back my save, it saved soon as i got to the ice area with 1min play time Edited by tabion360

Almost at the end of the game now, just finishing off some side quests.

My question is, the relics that you hand in to get more stat points and extra health and wrath, can you repeat this on a ng+ and get twice the amount of stats?

Yes you can recollect everything except Legendary Named Wepons, i.e. the Omega Blades or weapons dropped by bosses. You can even collect all 100 Boatman coins again, so if you save em you can have 200 by the end of your 2nd playthrough

Edited by Stotan

When you load the save to start the NG+ you had the opportunity to change it on the screen where you adjust the brightness. It seems like several people overlooked it. If you already started the NG+ on a lower difficulty, then I think you'll have to start over to do Apocalyptic. Unless you have a backup save from before you started it. Then you're good. Hopefully that's not the case since I'd hate for someone to lose all their progress like that. Let us know if you get it sorted out. :)

So i just finished the game again on my NG+ with the intention of doing it a third time, at lvl 30 with my awesome weapons... it didnt give me the option to start again?? ir just rolled credits then i loaded my save and it put me back before the last boss, like i had pressed "No" so i could go do the side quests. does this game not let you do another NG+ after the first one? :(